AppleOne Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They found me a job with a great company I ended up becoming permanent I got promoted and a raise (in 23 reviews)

• If you need a short term position or full time apple one is the place to be (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Had informed me that the temp-to-hire position was for help desk but was not the case (in 17 reviews)

• I have nothing but good things to say about Apple One (in 22 reviews)

1. "Poor experience"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

They are no pros with AppleOne.

Cons

It was a total waste of time. I had one interview that was a total joke. Then they found a job that a high school kid could do. I would stay away​ from the Chesapeake office. They have no sense of customer service or ensuring that they find you an opportunity that matches your experience. My recruiter said they have a saying that they are suppose to help everybody that walks through the door. I am still waiting for that to happen. I can't find anything positive to say which is sad especially since they claim to be the #1 temp agency. What a joke.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the recruiters understand their job and actually help their customers. I found a couple of opportunities and my recruiter told me that I did not need to monitor the website and did not ask me what opportunities I was interested in pursuing on their website.

2. "Bad Experience"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

They match you up with companies

Cons

They do not follow through. I have been contacted by AppleOne for several "prefect fit" jobs, asking me if I would be available to talk with the employer either by face to face or phone interview. I have always told them "Yes." "Great, I will se that up and get back to toy," I am told and EVERY time I never hear another thing from them. Either they do not follow up, completely drop the ball, or are very incompetent.

Advice to Management

If you are going to "match" people with jobs, follow through. Using your service is pointless if you don't follow through.

3. "Agency blackball"

Former Employee - Administrative/Clerical in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative/Clerical in Torrance, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very little. The agent I worked became absent I once I attained to two months assignmen.
    Ince

Cons

All the agents are interested in is getting good you assigned. Once assigned there is no follow up. They just drop you. U made several calls and was told that the area no assignment. The agent provided any insight as to the need of improvements
      The company was pleased with my work
    My impression with this company was whole person support. Far from reality. I believe that my assignment record has been placed in a list of do not call without any explanation

Advice to Management

Live up to the quality of services promisedo and the beginning of each roll mentioned. I don't trust a tone at this company to acknowledge in the best interests of its clients.

4. "Contract"

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

Recruiter never responds. No communication.

Advice to Management

Better communication with employees.

"Terrible Agency to Work With!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Corona, CA
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Corona, CA

Pros

I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

Everything....I signed up with them in April/May. Still haven't been sent out for any interviews. I'm working with my 3rd recruiter (they seem to quit and not bother passing on my file). I call and am told to call back because there currently isn't anything for an Admin Asst. I call back and the recruiter is either not in or not available. I leave messages to call me, but never get a call back.

Advice to Management

Work with your clients and return calls!

6. "Would never go through AppleOne again."

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

They found me a great job

Cons

They never call and check up on how things are going. They go through to many different staff members for anyone to keep up with.

"The Cult of Appleone"

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Very kind and supportive environment to start, but that is to suck you in.

Cons

Cult environment, you are taught to regard the owner Bernie as an almost deity. The offices have a big picture of him felt like we were talking about Lron Hubbard.

Asinine structure to be successful, west coast mentality.

There tactic is to bring people in to help them get jobs, but the real purpose is actually trying to pull leads from their references and former employers, not help them find jobs.

Owner married minority women to consolidate company and get the women diversity discount.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be Scientology

8. "Annoyed"

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor

Pros

It's very simple to apply. The hours of operation would be perfect. There benefits are good also. From what I have researched is they are slow in hiring.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me would be waiting for some type of acknowledgement about my application. I have been waiting for some type of correspondence.

9. "Manager"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor

Pros

Work schedule was very flexible

Cons

Very long hours of work

10. "Temp"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

When they first contact you they are very eager to meet with you and get you started looking for temp work.
    I was recommended to them by a friend who found his first (and very high-paying) job through AppleOne recruiters.

Cons

I was contacted very soon after submitting my information online and went in to meet with a recruiter who seemed very eager to get to work with me. I had no experience in administrative work but expressed desire to work temporary administrative jobs to build up my experience. A week after my first meeting I got a call from my recruiter about a temp job at a well-known firm. I went through with the interview and nearly immediately all contact from my recruiter halted. I waited a week and called her to discuss the interview, she didn't answer or respond to my message. I waited some more and called a few days later around 10am. The receptionist told me to hold, came back, and told me the recruiter was at lunch and to call a little later on that day. "Ok sure" I said, and I called back at 1pm. Again, the receptionist told me she was at lunch. So the good news is, apparently if you're a recruiter at AppleOne you get 3 hour lunches! But in reality, the first time I called my recruiter lied and said she was at lunch instead of speaking to me about future temp jobs.

A few days later I finally received a call from my recruiter, her bubbly, overly sweet tone from the few first times we met was gone and she told me in a rude tone that she was waiting to hear from my interview and that I couldn't go on any other interviews until they received an answer, and that she would let me know the results either way. Months later, still no response.

I wouldn't recommend them due to my personal experience but I have met someone who got their first job offer through AppleOne, but that was years ago and things may have changed in terms of management and recruiters.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting jobs for your employees instead of bringing more and more new employees in.