AppleOne Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great company if you're looking for certain types of temp work (in 20 reviews)

• They work hard to find you a job (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • They lure you in with promises of good paying jobs that will be temp to hire (in 14 reviews)

• i believe that Apple One as a corporation changed due to a merger or a buy out sometime after august of 2014 (in 17 reviews)

1. "Stay far, far away from this company."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Corona, CA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let me take a second to think...I met some great individuals along the way. Minus management. They completely ruined it for me.

Cons

The negative reviews on this site regarding AppleOne couldn't be more accurate, honestly. The management is an absolute JOKE. Micromanagement is an understatement. They talk badly about every single employee, go in "meetings" for 2 hours just to gossip about everyone, and they are also bi-polar and should really seek physiatric help. It's like high school all over again working for these clowns. You literally have to be fake every single day to be on good terms with the "managers". I mean, let's talk about turnover---numbers don't lie. No one wants to work for this company. Save yourself the headache and seek employment elsewhere. And how about getting a legit HR department while you're at it...

Advice to Management

Bad management will destroy a good team. EVERY TIME. Wake up people.

2. "Was so great at first....now, such a disappointment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team/ family environment (staff members only, no one in management), training and development (entry level), growth potential for sales and management.

Cons

Manipulative and very fake attitudes from management, very poor business and professional decision making from management, unrealistic goals and ideas from management, acts more like a closed door company than an open door company. BE VERY CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY NO MATTER HOW NICE AND CARING THEY (management) SEEM TO BE!!!! Micromanaging is huge with this company. Low pay for the amount of work, always adding more on when workers are already stressed with the amount of work they must complete, HIGH TURNOVER!!! An entire office of 7 people all let go (for speaking their mind) or quit due to poor management in under a year, with most of those employees only having been with the company for a few months.. They will belittle you and call you trash to your face and make snide comments about behaviors they do not like or about past employees openly. The only reason to not work with this company is the management, and although it may seem not too bad, they come to the office every week, so they are VERY involved in all branches. Also, the upper management openly smokes pot and encourages others to follow suit at company events, which is very unprofessional and made multiple people feel uncomfortable, considering the entire floor reeked heavily of the smoke.. even in our rooms that were right down the hall… If you choose to work for this company just understand that management has some serious issues and if you are comfortable playing a game and being fake every day that you go to work, you will LOVE this place. Enjoy. If not, just know that there are LOTS of WAY better opportunities than what you will find with AppleOne. Like I said, working with this company is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. You will figure it out soon enough.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your employees!!!!! When there is an issue, try to understand what is actually happening and follow NORMAL HR processes. Not everyone is a robot without a brain... your best employees will have brains...

3. "Branch Manager Can't Run Branch"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Co-Workers helped to make the environment better

Cons

Management didn't have any answers
    Management didn't seem to know what they were doing
    Growth Potential difficult if not impossiblle

5. "Don't expect much communication with recruiter"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They'll meet with you in person.

Cons

I couldn't get the recruiter to call me back so I registered with other agencies who were more attentive and responsive. Dennis was sick for my in-person meeting so I met with another recruiter who was SO helpful, but after I was there in the office, I got passed back to him. I've tried to contact him multiple times, but he won't even respond back to me. have an MBA and excellent administrative skills, you'd think they'd at least communicate with me. I registered with other agencies who are more attentive and gotten me placements.

Advice to Management

At least tell your client you're too busy for them, rather than ghost on them.

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of anything good to say about this company.

Cons

They lure you in with promises of good paying jobs that will be temp to hire. They place you in horrible working conditions (the owner disparages vets, homeless people, and yells at his wife while you're on the phone with customers). When the assignment doesn't go well due to lack of training and professionalism on the part of the company they place you with, they stonewall you instead of placing you in a new assignment. I called my recruiter and emailed her without response. It wasn't until I threatened to speak to a supervisor that she got on the phone with me. I pecifically asked about open positions on their website and what skills I could improve on while waiting for another assignment. I was told what happened at the company I was assigned to was no fault of my own, the owners blindsided Appleone with their unprofessinalism, and had they known how awful it was at that assignment they never would have placed me there. I was also told that my skills were fine. I get daily emails from job sites where Appleone has placed ads for open positions. Appleone says "those positions are upcoming and not ready yet." Or, my favorite line to date, "those positions are looking for something very targeted and specific." My recruiter even suggested that I go to other temp agencies. She is basically trying to dump me or pawn me off on other agencies.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. You can't punish someone for your mistakes that you're trying to cover up.

"Absolutely terrible."

Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They did get me a contracted part time job

Cons

-I was lied too multiple times by multiple people about my assignment, then when confronted about this lie it was disregarded like I had never mentioned it in the first place.
    -Consultants always seem to be "in meetings" every time I call no matter what part of the day I call.
    -I made several complaints to my consultant who very literally did nothing about it and gave me some bs lip service to try and get off the topic.
    -They refused to help me find another assignment when it was quite clear my job had no intention of hiring me permanent.
    -overall very much the worst employment agency I have ever worked for, deceptive, ignorant, unwilling to help, restrained by really bad company rules pertaining to new assignments.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to not lie to the people who come to you for job opportunities. I have never been so blatantly lied to with literally no repercussions from the company and this goes to show the integrity of your company and its employee's. I will not only not recommend this company to people in need of job opportunities but I have already spread word of how terrible your company is and how it lies to people who come to you for help. Its really too bad your company is not BBB accredited or else I would of put word of this situation there too. Your company has failed and failed badly and this won't make a bit of difference to you but it will deter anyone else from using your company. I hope you continue to make huge mistakes like this so your company fails.

"The Paperwork Is Rediculous & Illegally Nosey"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Reston, VA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my case, the Pros involved the recruiters who were excellent at smiling my face speaking of a position they would consider me for. Another Pro dealt with me, having the ability to see through people, I knew immediately they lying to make me believe there is something in the air for me. Another Pro was their mistake in informing me that they had to submit my resume to the client; whereby, revealing that the client had no trust in them or confirming that it was all a ruse/a lie because we all know a Temp Agency that has a Temp position will send you to it and you go. Period. Pros - They were easily identifiable as a Sheeple herding company for the numbers and in getting the ignorant to relinquish their Rights and Private information - for a reason they do not divulge.

Cons

The paper work required to be accepted with AppleOne. Read what is printed on those forms, sheeple! Each form collectively lead to your demise. You are to give up your legal rights of information protection to allow them to investigate EVERYTHING personal and private about you. One form they require you complete is to a SOCIAL SECURITY Consent of Release Information. A form that allows them to obtain any eligibility you have, the release of whether or not you are receiving Social Security Benefits and for how long, they want a TPQY printout, which could involve medical records, file information, your overall Social Security input information, etc.. A lot of their forms request information that is entirely and ABSOLUTELY none of their business for employment. Legally, they cannot ask about any jail time, if you have a felony or anything - and you can get $5,000.00 for reporting them to the Federal Government. However, being ignorant of your legal rights and relinquishing them - is no excuse in a court of law. The bad thing is - because it is all electronic, you cannot change the data you disagree with so READ EACH AND EVERY FORM Sheeple. Do not relinquish your Rights for promises, as who knows what that information is really for and who they are sending it to. Don't do it to yourself just to have some chump change.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is ignorant of their legal rights.

"I have no skills?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I worked at AppleOne (Less than a year)

Pros

They have positions that I am interested in

Cons

They told me I don't have the skills that their customers are looking for. I have 30 years of work in the customer service field and a recent 2 year degree in Bus Admin and I am very tech savvy. Never made in their front door to prove myself.

Advice to Management

Allow all potential employees an opportunity to prove themselves.

10. "Be Aware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

It was a regular job, not a temp job.

Cons

Feel like you are giving people false hope in finding a job, using them for there references and contacts. Promise of awesome training...you train yourself. Huge turnover.

11. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people find positions they want. Getting to know people more than just their resume. Good for a person who is sales driven and loves going with the flow.

Cons

No structure is their training. No specific direction. They are only worried about numbers and not helping the people they have in front of them. You have to make sure your are friends with the correct people in the company.