AppleOne Reviews | Glassdoor

AppleOne Reviews

Updated September 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They found me a job with a great company I ended up becoming permanent I got promoted and a raise (in 22 reviews)

• If you need a short term position or full time apple one is the place to be (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Had informed me that the temp-to-hire position was for help desk but was not the case (in 16 reviews)

• I have nothing but good things to say about Apple One (in 22 reviews)

"Dont Drink the Kool Aid!!"

Former Employee - Recruiter AE
    Former Employee - Recruiter AE

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers became family and you didn't have to work OT

Cons

Felt like I was being baby say and micro managed every day. After I was promoted, they didn't give me a raise at all! When I asked for a small one because I was about to lose my home, they told me that they had someone who worked for them that lived in their car!!! So glad you care that your employees are homeless. As long as they are on the top richest people in America's list they are happy. They hand a VP position to a kid who knows nothing about recruiting or sales, has a college degree in engineering. Nothing to do with the recruiting industry. This happened because he is friends with the owners. How about you earn your position instead of getting it handed to you! wanted to be a positive part of the company and any step forward they force you a step backwards because they didn't want to spend the money. Health benefits were crappy. it was better to have non at all. Found the cheapest way to do things

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees. Maybe the internal turnover wouldn't be so high. Instead of making all your focus on the candidates, maybe take care of your own staff first!!

2. "Worst Place Ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Nothing good to say at all

Cons

Bad management and very sexist

"Could be better...."

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Orange, CA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to have a base salary plus uncapped commission. Commission isn't really great unless you're closing perm.

Cons

We used to be on salary but not anymore since the company doesn't want to pay more for us to be on salary. The manager micro manages like crazy and it could be really annoying. Benefits are BASIC!

"Recruiter"

Pros

Some branches have good management and a team that works well together.

Cons

They draw you in with the possibilities of success, but my particular branch manager was a micro manager and the employees within the office were not supportive. No one mentored me or provided me with good on the job training.

5. "Great"

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Great pay and quick to find you positions

Cons

None, don't really have any cons I've seen

6. "Alright..."

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Open communication with everyone, which is good.

Cons

When you can work for them everything is great, but when there's an issue, you're basically going to deal with it alone.

Advice to Management

Be more open and be there when employee needs you.

7. "Admin Analyst"

Current Employee - Administrative Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I received employment very quickly

Cons

Did not receive any feed back

Advice to Management

Need to provide more feed back

8. "Great company for employees, job seekers, and its clients"

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspiring company values, teamwork is incentivized, supportive management, effective support functions, company stability (50+ years in the business), branches work seamlessly together, thorough and robust training, truly diverse team and welcoming to everyone, accessible management (from branch, to region, to Founder!), large vibrant community

Cons

A lot of admin work that sometimes gets in the way of more important KPIs

9. "Great Blend of Recruiting and Sales"

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As the title says, if you are looking for an opportunity to recruit as well as business development/sales/account management, then AppleOne is a great place to work. The blended full-desk model has reasonable metrics. There are no phone call metrics, which is great, you are empowered to work at your own pace to get the necessary results. The company will train someone with lowel levels of experience and support you with any on going training you desire. The Regional Vice-President is from the area so he is there for advice at any time. There is a lot of business out there in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete market and the area keeps growing, so someone with the right attitute and ambition can do very well here. Pay is decent, PTO benefits were as well. The company has a great message that is easy to believe in. Yearly salary guide books have been top notch.

Cons

AppleOne is a huge company and they own and use a number of things that are required for use in the offices, like their applicant tracking system and a background check company. The background check turnaround time can be frustrating. The ATS was in the process of moving to an online model which will help, but it is no where near as good as some of the top of the line ATS systems used in other places. The office culture is very friendly and inviting, but has long struggled to get going and have success. To do well, you really do need to be self-motivated and hungry. Also, while interviewing people in person is a great way to really get to know potential candidates, it can slow down the process and hurt efficiency. The market has a ton of staffing companies out there, seems like new ones pop up every day, so competition is tough and it takes a lot of persistence to get through to hiring managers. Majority of business for AppleOne is clerical types of positions and margins tend to be low and contracts on the shorter end, so it takes a lot of work to build up a margin/spread unless you are gifted or find a big account. Was disappointed by the cost/coverage of insurance for such a large company.

Advice to Management

Push hard to drive out complacency, install a sense of urgency every day.

10. "Recruiter"

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Schedule, flexibility, benefits, team culture.

Cons

Bad pay, no growth, micromanagement