AppleOne Reviews | Glassdoor

AppleOne Reviews

Updated August 6, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They found me a job with a great company I ended up becoming permanent I got promoted and a raise (in 22 reviews)

• If you need a short term position or full time apple one is the place to be (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Had informed me that the temp-to-hire position was for help desk but was not the case (in 16 reviews)

• I have nothing but good things to say about Apple One (in 22 reviews)

1. "Do you thrive on disorganization, lying & bullying? Then this is the perfect place for you."

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

-Bernie and some of his principles. I have taken "we're in the information gathering business" into other aspects of my life, and it works!

Cons

-The lying. I was lied to in my initial interviews about the anticipated salary, and they force you to lie to candidates when you are recruiting them with the promise of a job. Sometimes you are sourcing candidates for a specific job, but more often than not you're literally interviewing people to meet numbers and "stock your inventory".
    -Lack of job security. If you're not performing, you're out
    -Gross favoritism. Attention and compliments goes to those making the branch the most money.
    -Executive leadership is a joke and the trainers are like mindless noobs. The evidence of kool-aid consumption is disgusting. The amount of pressure they put on you to perform is asinine, as well as the "work-life balance".

Advice to Management

Stop preying on businesses and people, both candidates and employees alike. There's a reason AppleOne didn't crack the top 100 of best staffing agencies.

"Great starter job in Recruiting, but too many shady politics to be invested"

Former Employee - Senior Acct Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Acct Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Made great friends while working there, Commission scheme was really good although they severely underpaid on the base. That's all changed, now the commission is awful and the bases are slightly higher, but still not industry standard. My Regional Manager did everything she could to keep me, even allowed me to work from home against company policy.

Cons

So many.....a lot of lies and deciet here. I caught my Managerd lying to me on several occasions to strategically get the end result they wanted. All of this while pretending to be your friend and supportive Manager. When you get really good at your job, there's a target on your back. Management doesn't support you. They would rather start giving your clients to other people for no good reason, pull sketchy unethical business practices and then wonder why the Founder's trip that's supposed to be such a reward, is more of a punishment than something you look forward to.

Why would you want to be surrounded by others who aren't to be trusted, not looking out for you and watch you the entire time on this supposed "vacation" to see what they can report? Not a very supportive culture.

I was very respectful the entire time I worked for this company. Never once did I speak negatively, but it's time that others know the truth. Every office and region are different. That's the nature of working for such a beast of a company.

They're completely behind the times with technology. There are still not true specialist recruiters in the company and everyone has at least two or more specialties, setting you up for failure not being a true specialist. Nothing is enforced along those lines, only encouraged.

It's an extremely caddy environment and culture, where you are made to think you work in a supportive and mature women dominated company, but there is a lot of backstabbing.

I was asked to start a new division for the company, something they had never done, executive search. In three months time before I left, the website was still not ready, no contract was created for new business and I finally got my cards in month four. This didn't matter when I had lost a lot of leads due to the company not being prepared with a website or a contract to engage potential customers in executive search.

This agency is extremely behind the times. Their internal software systems is a joke and inefficient. This is a great fit for those stuck behind the curve and those who enjoy being complacent.

Dishonesty is encouraged working with candidates and clients and between offices. Gross and disengenuine practice.

Advice to Management

If you don't start cracking down on getting rid of the immature behavior, it will continue to drive people away. it's also time to start being honest to your employees. We can read between the lines when you say it's held up by "corporate" or The CEO, we know better. Companies go to specialists, not generalists. Start enforcing CK sultanas to be just that not someone who can fill any position.

3. "Senior Account Executive"

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Commission structure is easy to understand, clear vision of what to achieve and where to work on to get promote to the next level

Cons

It's a very sales-oriented and number-oriented company

4. "Very supportive of their employees"

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

The pay is comparable to industry standards

Cons

never have part time jobs

Advice to Management

Check in more with new applicants

"Easy and fast placement"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Petaluma, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is easy. They were able to place me based on my experience quickly. I was a temp to hire. I am still with the placed company. I would go through Apple One again.

Cons

As this was new to me, I did not understand the process and my expectations were not realistic. I accept responsibility for not asking more questions but I didn't know to ask.

Advice to Management

Explain in detail temp to hire process.

6. "Good"

Former Employee - Treasurer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Treasurer in New York, NY

I worked at AppleOne part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers, good and calm atmosphere

Cons

Small office space and small kitchen

Advice to Management

Larger space

"Most of the reviews are fake and paid for by AppleOne AppleOne is a scheme."

Former Employee - Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to have fun playing games with people who are thinking they are going to get placed in a job.
    Quickly learn behavior Q's and feed off of others desperate situations.
    Share private information about people, and make fun of it with other employees.
    Send out thousands of resumes and spam employers to the point they would never hire a person.
    Harass company's to the point they block your phone number.
    Get people fired from there jobs because they circumvented AppleOne contracts.
    Play mind games with people, make them believe that you have a job for them, talk circles around them, and make them come to the office for an interview.

"Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie... just make anything up to get them into the office to sign up." Thank you Management!

Cons

The guilt. It's not something that comes right away. You make money, you have some fun, sometimes you find a sucker to take a job that you make huge returns on. Why anyone would accept $17 an hour when the market pays $31 is beyond me. Let get back on track. The guilt comes when those people go to get another job outside of AppleOne. Regardless of how well they performed working for AppleOne. The review they get are not even on par review with the work performed. Sometimes the titles in regards for the work are not reported correctly. Again the idea is we want them stuck going through AppleOne for all future employment. Some of these people can't even get another job outside of what we provide them with because of what we do to them. And they never know it or figure it out.

Advice to Management

Get some control of what your offices are doing! Change the process and start working with clients and prospects correctly. The lies to clients and to prospective employees must stop. Focus on people, not the numbers that walk in the door.

"Temporary/Temp"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Will find exciting jobs, but will not explain much about the work you will do.

Cons

Make sure you get you pay rate on paper, signed by Office Manager. My experience is they try to find the lowest paying position for you & then expect you to accept the wage they got you. When I worked for Apple, WA State minimum was around $9.00/hr. I requested position that would pay $15.00 to $16.50 per hour. What I was paid for about 6 hours I worked was $9.50 per hour or $57.00. I was expecting $99.00 for the time worked. That was a $42.00 difference that was hard to stomach.

Be sure to get the wage you will be paid in writing.

Advice to Management

Pay your temporary help a decent wage, not one that is below the poverty level. Poverty is at $14,750 per year. You figure out what is a living wage.

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Has one of the best comp structures in the industry. Family oriented environment where your hard work is recognized directly by the Canadian leadership team.

Good training program in place to ensure you have all the resources to help you succeed in your role.

You get full autonomy around what types of accounts and recruits you manage. You can initially pick your own industry to recruit and focus on as well as recruit for any other open positions company wide.

Overall a great company to work for within the recruitment industry.

Cons

Very competitive. If you are not hungry for results you will fall behind.

Advice to Management

Maybe more open to change in regards recruitment methods and resources.

"Good company with a self-starter culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great sales and recruiting training, very comprehensive and hands on approach. Gives you great career skills.
    Extensive autonomy. You get to choose what to specialize in and which industries to pursue.
    No cap on commission earned, if you put your mind to it you could make a lot of money.
    A lot of growth opportunities, very much merit based advancement.
    Company culture is great, hard to not get along with everyone.

Cons

Base pay is quite low, they say it's enough to keep the lights on and the real money should be coming from your commission, but the industry has highs and lows throughout the year. When it's good it's good, but when it's bad it's bad. Can become unstable if you do not balance out your billing clients.
    Long hours. Not your typical 9-5 job. Expect to be held to a strict schedule and have your hours monitored weekly even though it's a salary position.

Advice to Management

If you don't want your offices to be revolving doors for recruiters and account executives, increase the base pay. It's great taking home $2000+ commission checks every blue moon, but difficult to keep it going when the market for professional staffing is down and you have real obligations to meet.