AppleOne Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great company if you're looking for certain types of temp work (in 21 reviews)

• They work hard to find you a job (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • They lure you in with promises of good paying jobs that will be temp to hire (in 14 reviews)

• I will recommend Apple One to my friends (in 20 reviews)

1. "Office Admin"

Current Employee - Part Time in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppleOne part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great service to their clients.

Cons

Not enough assignments for part time employees.

Advice to Management

More contact with part time employees.

2. "Branch Manager Can't Run Branch"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Co-Workers helped to make the environment better

Cons

Management didn't have any answers
    Management didn't seem to know what they were doing
    Growth Potential difficult if not impossiblle

3. "Basic staffing/placement firm"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor

Pros

Staffing firm which provides contract opportunities at the utility Pacific Gas & Electric and other major accounts.

Cons

Basic staffing firm - do not expect much from them. For example, while working on contract at a placement site through AppleOne, I experienced very little interaction with my assigned AppleOne representative. Once placed on the job, you're essentially on your own and you communicate with them through a website (Payroll, questions/concerns, etc). Job description for which I was hired/on file was completely different from the role that I was asked to perform at the client site upon arrival. Extremely high turnover at AppleOne. I had five different representatives over the course of a year and a half! Also, they make you go through a series of training videos when you sign up with them that reviews things like dress code, punctuality, harassment, workplace ethics, etc but the video is very remedial and seems to target people with the experience level required for working at McDonalds. My guess is that they don't treat their employees well (financially &/or otherwise), expect very little from their placements, &/or maybe they just have a reputation for being a stepping stone to greater HR roles in other firms. Either way, you're just a cog in the wheel, a number, a warm body to fill a seat. And, AppleOne (ACT-1 Group) makes enormous margins on their minions!

Advice to Management

Polish up your act to be more professional and workforce development oriented. You could start by making a serious investment in your human capital. By the way, it is not always all about the bottom line and hitting your numbers!

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Learn as much as you can from trainings.

Cons

CEO eliminated bonuses to increase revenue. VP of Bay Area brings nothing substantial to meetings. Poor advice. Micromanages vacation days. Will make you work the day after Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Advice to Management

Give back to your employees. It's a competitive market for recruiting firms. Pay higher, hire more qualified employees, receive more business.

"Everything was going fine but...."

Former Employee - Office Worker in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Novato, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

between december 2013 and august 2014 i had three different assignments, two out of three were jobs i really enjoyed. one of those positions was full time for three months, the other was for an internet firm processing orders for shipment during the Christmas/New Year holidays for approximately 3 weeks in total. the account reps and personnel i had occasion to interact with were always amenable and professional.

Cons

i believe that Apple One as a corporation changed due to a merger or a buy out sometime after august of 2014. my local office moved from Santa Rosa to Petaluma, making it closer to my hometown, but i no longer receieved any communication from them until mid 2015 - with a new Apple One contact person asking me to perform my skills tests (data entry, typing) all over again. i got the feeling that my previous results were lost in the transition of the move or the corporate ownership changing hands. i was going to visit my local office but i am reluctant to find out the truth behind all the mixed signals.

Advice to Management

keep your employees informed of corporate happenings and try to do a better job of managing employee records/resumes/test results on the local office level

6. "Great Administrative Jobs"

Former Employee - Recruiting Administrative Assistant in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppleOne (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to work for some great companies, learn new thing and meet some excellent people

Cons

The jobs were only temporary, unfortunately

Advice to Management

Nothing that I can think of

7. "Fine as a Temp agency not so good for long term placement."

Former Employee - Coldwell Banker - in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Coldwell Banker - in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppleOne (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and did get me some temp work.

Cons

Not much to offer in the temp to hire positions.

"Exceptional Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent base pay and "sky is the limit" commission potential. On-going training and support. Very diverse workforce, Top notch infrastructure... ease of use for optimal performance. Upper management has set the direction, the sails are set and everyone is on board with the program. Great forward thinking and vision.

Cons

My personal commute. I would like to work as close to home as possible... but taking public transportation is a great option vs driving in stop-n-go traffic, especially when clutching in and out of 1st and 2nd gear.

Advice to Management

Keep the good times coming, stay on course, believe and implement the vision as you have and AppleOne will thrive into the future.

9. "Human Resources"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, always looking for your best interest, and very supportive team

Cons

I did not have any issues.

Advice to Management

The team in Pleasanton was amazing to work with. They were very supportive in my contract position with a company and made lasting relationships.

10. "Temporary position"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great place to start when I first moved to the Bay Area to help me find employment. Staff in the San Mateo office were friendly and helpful.

Cons

So far I have not had any issue with them.