AppleOne Reviews in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.9
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great company if you're looking for certain types of temp work (in 20 reviews)

• They work hard to find you a job (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • They lure you in with promises of good paying jobs that will be temp to hire (in 14 reviews)

• In the 3 years I was with Apple One, their onsite rep changed 5 times (in 18 reviews)

1. "They're really great getting you in their doors"

Current Contractor - Temporary Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Temporary Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an interview days after applying.
    Within a couple weeks they were able to find me Work I love.

Cons

After getting on assignment I've received no communication from them.
    I sent an email expressing interest to go temp to hire, it has been almost a month since and when I've emailed asking about status I've been told "their contact is on vacation/ they should talk this week/ we'll get back to you"

They have neither found anything or have kept base with my partner for the past 3 months who is still looking for work.

Advice to Management

Make conversations efficient.
    Your team especially needs to be able to follow up in a timely manner.

"Contract work"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AppleOne (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiters work to find the right job for you

Cons

After being hired it is tough to change jobs within the AppleOne community.

"Cheap!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Spend 1 year to 18 months max working here. You can use the experience and transfer it to Recruiting (for a good corporate company), Admin support, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Project Management.

*Learn how to interview people (this helps when you're on the other side as a candidate because you are able to learn the language of interviewing well)

Cons

While I worked here as an entry level recruiter I felt like a pimp. The trainers try to spin it like you're helping people, but you're actually exploiting them while they are at their most vulnerable. Here's how:
    1.Ask candidates where they applied and who they interviewed with. Contact that company and try to push your way into getting a req
    2. If a candidate is hired as a temp you cut into their pay. For example, for a candidate who earns $10 hourly Appleone is billing the client+$30.00 hourly.
    3. Contact candidate references under the guise of checking references, really though the purpose is not to learn more about the candidate. The purpose of refernce checking is to try to "flip" the call into a sale.

The owner, Bernie fits the description of a slimy salesmen, and he's proud of it. Offices are run down - old equipment, low base salaries, expensive benefits (no 401k matching). When Bernie visits offices he encourages Receuiters to MANIPULATE
    example: "Oh, was it Jane Doe that interviewed you?" The idea is to make up a name so that the candidate will say "No actually ----- interviewed me"

"Temped and disappointed"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Got me a position real quick.

Cons

Pay was way too low and no wiggle room at all. Upset when I got a permanent job elsewhere and ended my contract as soon as they found out I was going to start somewhere in two weeks. Staffing consultant was very rude.

Advice to Management

Work more with the market out there.