Cover image for AppleOne

AppleOne

Engaged Employer

AppleOne

Add a Review

AppleOne Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jul 29, 2021

AppleOne CEO  Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits but there is direct deposit(in 63 reviews)
  • "I was lied to about the position and ended up doing exponentially more work for super low pay.(in 48 reviews)
  • "Bad management and very sexist(in 41 reviews)
  • "Low salaries but good enough(in 20 reviews)
  • "No Communication and for someone that is working for unemployed people... no rush at all!(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AppleOne and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0

AppleOne Enslavement Services

May 3, 2016 - Account Executive in Huntington Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team. I formed a strong bond with some amazing people. My direct manager is an absolute inspiration- she is smart, encouraging, loyal, dedicated to her job, and one of those people who will give anything, with no signs of stopping. I have no idea how she does it and she deserves better. I grew and developed professionally here. Its a stepping stone. I am thankful for the opportunity. Its a unique business model that is interesting and valuable to learn. The company tries- training is there, the base is reasonable, there are incentives, its a unit to get in front of decision makers, a valuable talent. Understanding resumes and understanding the hiring process is a useful life hack. The ability to work with virtually any company and industry- the world is your oyster! After seeing people come and go, the great thing about AppleOne is that everyone seemed to realize and followed their passion after. Being in this environment make one really question- what do I REALLY want? What makes me happy? Then, this environment pushes you to do it.

Cons

This job is a stepping stone, not a career. It served a purpose, taught me some valuable professional lessons, but boy am I glad I stepped from that stone back onto solid ground. The hours are ridiculous. I never saw a Friday night out working there. Select employees came in on the weekend. Turnover is very high and makes the office operationally unstable. I often spent more time in a week interviewing prospective employees and training than actually working. On top of never having a fully staffed office, we were held to the metrics of a fully staffed office -10 ppl (Our office consistently averaged 5 ppl., and we constantly interviewed for internal employees.) The negativity and beatings that arose from the team never meeting what is now double the already highly demanding metrics were brutal and depressing at best, downright unhealthy at worst. It was a numbers game- how many candidates can you cattle call in a week? month? How many clients can you call? there was no strategy, there was no recruiting, we couldn't make placements and take time to actually recruit for our clients because we simply needed to make as many phone calls and get as many people in as possible. We did many candidates a dis-service... Our application process is long and daunting, and the feeling of knowing I was putting people through this epic time waster with very little chance of placement made me feel worse than the lectures. There is a very clear divided between managements-various regions have very different operations, and our neighboring regions stole clients, put them under a different namer in the system, and worked them, without our knowing. Our other neighboring office intentionally misdirected checks from our clients to their office. this led to more yelling for us not making our numbers, your own co-workers stealing your bonuses and commissions after all your hard work, and it was never corrected or confronted, but shoved under the rug. who need competing agencies when your own co workers lie and cheat you? Quality of Candidate submissions to jobs internally ranged from office to office, the standards are not on the same page. I knew it was time to leave when my co-worker shared with me that she cried everyday driving to work. I cried in the morning as well, but was so used to it, I had not thought anything of it until the sad words came out of her mouth, and I felt terrible for her. I then realized that was me You're expected to wear a full suit and corporate clothes. I was pulled into a room and told my hair was frizzy and I needed to do my makeup better multiple times. Everyone girl the office got similar talks. While working at 8 PM one Friday night, management had a discussion about how my co-workers pants are too tight and my other co-worker wears too much blush. Outfits that are sometimes complimented are other days threatened to be sent home for. Corporate trainings began to seem less like team building and more like opportunity for ridicule, judgment, and gossip. There was gossip- some true, some downright contradicting an puzzling. I began to feel like no one was safe, and turnover and fires were so frequent and erratic, it wasn't rare to find yourself having a feeling of guilt and pins and needles, even when you have been busting your butt and successful. The desperate staffing situation (oh, the irony) led to some wacky and mis-matched hires. One hire quit half-way through his first day. On a particularly action-packed month- one fire and two resignations of good employees, when the office was battling turn-over rock bottom, Mr. 6 hr. tenure was called back and offered the job again. 'You'll gain weight working here,' they told me my first week. 'No, I won't, I exercise early mornings and loose weight when stressed.' Kiss your morning exercises goodbye, and night exercises. All exercises. You will be in the office about 12 hrs. a day, and you will be so depressed and tired at the end, you can't. If I pushed myself to workout, I literally risked not waking up in my alarm. I was burnt out and exhausted. I gained 20 lbs, but there was nothing I could do. Lunches were excessively monitored with contradicting scheduling to other responsibilities throughout the day, and I literally felt bad for taking them. No one was healthy in any way. Look at management- most are overweight and smoke. I didn't smoke, but for the first time I felt unhealthy and helpless, and I couldn't get off work to change it. Employees are overall great- lots of great people who will help and cooperate. but there are a few bad apples here and there. Senior leaders in the office given the title of 'ambassador' to help in certain aspects of training are anything but helpful. If I had a questions (and believe me, I made sure it was good if I finally gained the courage to ask), I was directly ignored while talking. Even if it was something I had never been trained on, there was constant moaning and groaning if I finally ever got help. Often, they'd say, 'Ill just do it myself.' Then when it came back up the next time, I still didn't know, and now it was, 'Didn't I already show you that?!?' Total attitude and no team work. There was some unnecessary name calling. Were in this together. Support each other! Many jobs were left unfilled and took excessive time to fill due to internal bogus. You are given contradicting directions daily. 'Bring in CORE people' 'Why are we bringing in CORE people when we have an open order?' 'You can't talk to clients.' 'WHAT?!?! You didn't call the client?!?!' 'You need to go on more PV's.' 'You can't go on that PV!!!!' 'Job ads should be well-written and descriptive.' 'Management hates our job ads, they're way too long.' 'Our office needs to make more money.' 'take down the job Ad for the 100K position. You are interviewing too many people for it. You need to bring in CORE people!' 'We need more clients and job orders.' 'WHAT?!?! That new client and job order is 20 miles away!?!??' The Paradox were endless. They changed my (and everyones) compensation structure half way through working there with no warning. This new compensation structure knocked a good 2K off commissions I about killed myself for and was literally counting down the seconds to receive- that and my team kept me hanging on. Don't worry, they took my hard-earned money away. By the time this was done, AppleOne took well over 90% of all your revenue generated. Taxes knocked off an extra 50%. By the time youre done, don't expect to see more than 4% of your revenue generated, a complete slap in the face for the money and effort I brought into the company. Let me put it this way, I brought in approx. 16K one month and saw about a $800 check for it. Me: $800 AppleOne: $14,000K But my hair is frizzy, my clothes don't fit right, I need to stop making excuses and own up to my actions. No vacation or sick days starting out. You work holidays and earn 'floater days.' You cherish these days. You save them. You can't imagine a joyous day off. I never got mine. I earned two floater days while working there, and two days that I worked but went home early were recorded as off-using my two precious floaters! I never had vacation or sick. I was sick one day with a horrible infection and still came in. After going through the morning meeting and working for half the day, I had to go to the hospital. I was marked no show to work and not paid for my work that day. The highest biller in the company was in my office. Within three months of working there, he was in the hospital with a heart condition. During my visit to his room, he fought the nurse to let him work. They told him no, but he alluded that he would be fired and must work. He wouldn't elaborate with details. After surgery, he was fired within about a month of his return. Although this view may be single sided, I don't know the entire story, the situation was painful, secretive, puzzling. My other co-worker ended up with a leg impairment when she tried to work out- she was sedative for too long and injured her hamstring when she tried to work out. When I resigned, I took a much needed visit to the Dr. After working at AppleOne, my blood results showed that I am now pre-diabetic and must take medication for the rest of my life to regulate my condition. Although I don't know the details, an employee who worked before me died in the office on his desk. God bless.

21 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Company is going downhill!

May 30, 2014 - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the folks that work there are great people....

Cons

The company does not value it's employees, especially the long standing employees that built the comapny. Management is pushing down unrealistic goals for the employees to achieve therefore company discontent is on the rise. Recent new management changes has brought in individuals that talk the talk but do not walk the walk.

Continue reading
    Former Employee

Pandemic Storm

Jul 19, 2021 - Receptionist in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Met some really great people

Cons

Pay not great for the position

5. 4.0

Billing Specialist

Nov 19, 2015 - Medical Records Liaison in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with within the company

Cons

They were slow to give any pay raise

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Definitely not for everyone

Jun 24, 2019 - Staffing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wouldn't have gotten my current job without what I learned working at AppleOne. I met some good people that I am friends with still.

Cons

It is driven too much by numbers, so much so that it sacrifices the quality of the work done. With the metrics that myself and others in the office were given, it was not humanly possible to do in a normal work week - it would take an 80+ hour work week to try to meet these numbers. I loved recruiting here, but there was so much pressure put on meeting a certain number of interviews, placements, etc that I ended up having to find any random candidates just to meet the numbers, even if I knew I wouldn't be able to help them find a job. That is NOT what recruiting should be about. It should be about helping people find a job that is a great fit for them and for the client. I also feel that I was sold on a position during the interview process, and the job did not end up being the way it was told. The managers spun it to sound like the sales part of the job was to make 10-20 phone calls a day to companies that the office already had a relationship with. They told me it wouldn't be cold-calling. Well, it definitely was cold-calling. I admittedly am not a 'sales' person or someone who enjoys cold-calling, but with the way the managers explained it, I thought it wouldn't be so bad and I wanted the experience. The experience has helped me, but it would be much better if the managers didn't lie about it in the interview process. I feel like they did a bait and switch with me. One of the leaders in my area was also very passive aggressive and was not an encouraging leader, which added to the stress of the job. It takes a special person to work a full-desk - someone who is good at and likes both the recruiting and the sales. I've found that its not common to have a person with the traits that make a good salesperson as well as the traits that make a good recruiting, all in one. I was so stressed from the pressure of this job that it affected my outside life. I had a weight lifted off my shoulders the day I was able to resign.

Continue reading
    9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

They Never Gave Up on Me!!!

Mar 25, 2014 - Administration/Receptionist in Summerville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Rachelle Hobus and Michelle Cooper is definitely a Pro! They are determined and never give up on you. I had my share of interviews with companies they set up for me, and although some hired other candidates I was treated with care and still called for other opportunities almost once a week, All in all, they will continue to find jobs until you are hired. I am proud to say I finally have a contract with one of the top companies in my area, If you are looking for a career AppleOne is the agency that will find it for you!!!

Cons

My only con is that I had to compete with so many other great people on my quest. Which is a testament and pro for AppleOne that they obviously choose great peopleously choose great peopleously choose great people for this competitive market...

AppleOne Response

Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Charleston office on Glassdoor.com. Good luck with your new position and please keep us in mind for your future career moves!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Opportunity

Nov 16, 2016 - Staffing Associate in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with! Friendly environment. 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, plus other perks. Normal Business Hours. Fair work load. Chance for growth.

Cons

No flexibility in remote work. Low base pay for entry-level, but chance for commission. Training program is 3-6 months (not a definitive)

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Best staffing agency I've worked with

Nov 13, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working with friendly, positive, 'Go-getters' in a fast paced environment. It was a great experience to work with so many different people.

Cons

I don't think I can think of very many negatives. Sometimes opinions differ, but they usually all get sorted out in the daily morning meeting.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Hard but Rewarding

Jul 12, 2021 - Recruiter in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helping people find work was great.

Cons

The quotas for weekly interviews and cold calls was very high.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews