Applerouth Tutoring Services Private Tutor Reviews | Glassdoor

Applerouth Tutoring Services Private Tutor Reviews

Updated 22 Jul 2015

4.5
Applerouth Tutoring Services CEO Jed Applerouth (no image)
Jed Applerouth

""Great part-time work for a college student""

Current Employee - Private Tutor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Applerouth Tutoring Services part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a tutor the hours are flexible since you choose how many students you want and work with the parents to decide when you meet. The pay is great. I only worked a few hours a week and felt very well compensated. They do pay some gas money. All the staff members are very friendly.

Cons

You often have to work on weekend mornings but that is the nature of any tutoring job. Unless you work 10 hours in the first half of a month you will only get paid once a month. Some students can be far away which can get annoying, but you do get paid gas money.

Advice to Management

Management does a very good job.

Applerouth Tutoring Services2014-06-24

"Healthy company culture, great pay, flexible work schedule"

Current Employee - Private Tutor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Strong company culture, with excellent ongoing (and paid!) training. It is clear that the Tutor Services team at Applerouth really cares strongly not only about their students, but their employees as well. There are multiple ways to reach out to seek help when in a pedagogical bind, and the leadership team displays excellence when working with their own students as well as their staff. While the culture is nice,... the pay and the perks are great too. There are bonuses and perks depending on the classes and students you take, and if you work to get requests you're paid more too. There are also regular salary bumps! Scheduling is very flexible- I can build my hours around my other needs. I'm entirely in charge of my own schedule and when I meet with students.

Cons

There is some driving involved to meet students in their homes, but it's pretty manageable with adequate planning (don't schedule during rush hour).

Applerouth Tutoring Services2015-07-22

"Perfect Job: Student, Mom, Army Wife"

Current Employee - Private Tutor in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Applerouth Tutoring Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

*Flexible work schedule - only work with students you've chosen * Highly-qualified tutors: everyone has something to contribute to the company * Management is approachable: There's no crazy hierarchy; everyone is equally as willing to help you with your issues, no matter what his or her title might happen to be. * Always positive - a great company culture fosters a love of being with the company. Not everyone has... the same experience, but everyone I've met so far is pretty thrilled * Incredible Pay - For tutoring, I think Applerouth pays the most for the DC/Metro area at $30/hr. * Compassionate: My schedule changes frequently because I'm still a student, my husband is active duty military and we have a daughter; none of these things have made it so that I'm treated or viewed differently. Even if people don't understand what it's like, the empathize that it is difficult at times and everyone has been very supportive. * The list goes on, really...

Cons

*Hard to make this a full-time job, especially in the summer when clients are sparse and everyone is looking for something

Applerouth Tutoring Services2014-06-10