Found 13 of over 264 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great the pace is fast and if you put the work in its rewarding." (in 16 reviews)
- "I just started working here but so far I like the job itself and the pay is decent." (in 15 reviews)
- "Good money if you are good at cut" (in 13 reviews)
- "Good coworkers, relaxed on slow says" (in 12 reviews)
- "some great managers but that's a personal thing in my opinion" (in 10 reviews)
- "Upper management hires all employees and a lot of the time is dishonest about pay when it comes to sale people and management." (in 19 reviews)
- "Horrible internal systems, management as well as infrastructure." (in 13 reviews)
- "Long hours and dealing with unhappy customers" (in 12 reviews)
- "CEO is absolutely crazy." (in 10 reviews)
- "Sorry but you lose commission on that sale even though it wasn't your fault." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Appliance Factory & Mattress Kingdom and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "good benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Jun 28, 2017Product SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDenver, CO
Company offers good benefits. Coworkers are generally good people and hard workers. Hiring process is very quick and easy. Job is very easy. Growing company.
Job is not challenging so day to day gets boring very quickly. Most of the stores are fairly low volume so you'll handle only a handful of customers a day. Management is not promoted from within which causes major problems with inexperience. The culture at AFO is best described as frightening. I've never been part of a at less motivated team or a team that was this discouraged. This company is a complete mess. Unreasonable hours and zero overtime pay.3
- 5.0Nov 29, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCincinnati, OH
I doubled my pay working for appliance factory compare to my last job. Managers are nice; good benefits. I was offered a few advancement opportunities. I think I will stay here for a long time.
Sometimes I meet a few picky customers. Also, may run into unexpected problems during delivery, but my supervisor is helpful.
- 5.0Apr 26, 2020Stock AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDenver, CO
I learned that to have great feed back, you will 9/10 have to have a great relationship with your customers. The management was always on top of their game, anything a worker would need help with he'll go to them. The culture of the work place was good. The hardest part of the job was when the truck came in and we had to stock everything. The enjoyable part of this job was when they did a bbq in the back. Also we get paid well with good benefits.
Since I am a stock associate, my job is very fast paced at times. And other times, it's very slow paced. The staff is benevolent and the customers don't give you too many issues.
- 5.0Sep 14, 2012Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDenver, CO
I won't sugar coat it, this is a very demanding company to work for. They have goals and push you to meet your goals... but the benefit to your income can be substantial. I can say that I am a stronger manager having worked here and I have learned a ton about running a successful business in a short amount of time. You will be pushed, but it will pay off.
Benefits are good, but could be a little better. (additional vacation time to match what some other companies offer)
- 5.0Dec 20, 2022Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCincinnati, OH
Great hours, productive working environment. No drama. Decent pay with good benefits.
I would love to work more overtime because pays me more money.
- 4.0Dec 12, 2015Sales ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsAurora, CO
Good earning potential and great benefits package provided by the company.
Communications from upper management down to the employees some times is unclear.3
- 5.0Dec 31, 2022Maintenance TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsThornton, CO
The pay and benefits are good. They give people opportunities to move up in the company. They believe in their own people and hiring within for higher positions. The work place is fun and amazing.
This company doesn't offer back to school opportunities.
- 2.0Jun 8, 2018Installation SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearThornton, CO
benefits, paid vacation and holidays, good people (co-workers), commissions on some days, lots of training courses for different manufacturers.
selling accessories for commissions, no patience, not a people person, you have to have these things to make it
- 5.0Dec 1, 2022Warehouse AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCincinnati, OH
This is by far my best company I have ever worked for. They offer me good wages and decent benefits. People I work with are patient and nice. Managers are helpful and hard working. The working environment is fun and fast pace. I feel I finish my day really fast and accomplished a lot.
I love everything about my work. Nothing bad to say about it. Hope I will work here for a long time.
- 5.0Sep 14, 2022ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsThornton, CO
Very entrepreneurial, most all mgmt positions have been promoted within. I returned after having moved away. In 13 years never have not been part of rapid growth. This gives all new employees the opportunity to move up in newly created positions. Benefits are good including a full match 401k program.
Like any company or job it's never easy. The business is very hard to learn however once you get it and the game slows you never look back.1