KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People

Dec 9, 2020 - Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I’ve enjoyed everything about working here. I would say that the people are the best part of the job, and they make coming to work each day enjoyable. There is a positive work environment with opportunities for collaboration, and people are supportive and welcoming. Colleagues are good humored and motivated, and the overall work environment is comfortable. I’ve seen the company grow so much over the time I have been working here, and there are a lot of opportunities to move up both here and in the general career field.

Cons

Human Resources could be better organized; it seems disorganized at times.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good workplace

Dec 27, 2021 - Project Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work, Good company culture. Paid days off, negotiable schedule. They pay overtime

Cons

Lack of training. Salary raise is minimal. No health insurance.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great place for job experience

Jul 5, 2021 - Data Entry in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work space is good - Friendly co-workers - Easy to apply for job

Cons

- Not much benefits - No overtime pay / less holiday off - No promotion or advancement in career

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Teamwork

Nov 27, 2020 - Accounting Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a positive working environment and a lot of opportunities for both independent and team work. The company fosters collaboration. When I first began working, the company was much smaller. However, the training I received was top notch. The people I worked with when I first started training greatly contributed to my accounting experience and were dedicated and hard workers. We worked well together and I enjoyed the collaboration. Appliances Connection is a very inclusive company, and people are very welcoming. I’m so happy to be a part of the Appliances Connection family.

Cons

The work can be stressful because it requires a lot of interpersonal skills. It’s also a busy environment so it can be difficult to keep up at first.

5. 3.0

All about Money

Jun 23, 2021 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

the job will slowly consume your life no potential for career advancement

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Opportunity to expand my knowledge

Nov 18, 2020 - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potential for growth within the company, and we have complete flexibility. At Appliances Connection it feels like we are working as a family. The company has given me the opportunity to learn through multiple different roles over the course of about six months, allowing me to develop my knowledge daily. I have flexibility in being able to work from home if I need to due to illnesses or lack of care for my infant. Everyone is willing to train and/or assist if needs be. Great company overall.

Cons

Not being paid for holidays (however, I have not experienced any major cons throughout my time here).

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

High Potential For Growth

Nov 17, 2020 - Customer Service in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a high potential for growth in this company. You are constantly surrounded by hard working and knowledgeable people, which makes you sharper on everything you do and pushes you to become better. Appliances Connection has a very hard working overall atmosphere which I think is a good thing. Everybody here is welcoming and makes you feel like a part of a big family. I am very happy and glad that I became a part of the Appliances Connection family!

Cons

There is no such thing as bad parts of working in this company. It is always positive, no negative stuff.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Comfortable and friendly work environment

Nov 16, 2020 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Comfortable and friendly work environment, flexible schedule to accommodate appointments and other outside responsibilities, growth opportunities that expand my skill set. The staff have been very friendly and accommodating since day one. The supervisors and higher ranked staff recognize hard work and will work on your behalf to aid in career advancement within the company. Knowledge learned about appliances will definitely come in handy as I grow with the company and also in my personal life.

Cons

Sometimes having to wear too many hats in my role becomes a bit confusing and it is hard to manage the work queue efficiently.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Get some experience and leave asap

Jan 18, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has a lot of good people working there. Since the company doesn’t care about building teams or employees in general, you can get opportunities to build your resume with responsibilities that professionally run companies would never trust you without proper training. So get what you need out of this company and leave as soon as you can because they don’t care about you at all. Don’t even bother about asking for a raise.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. Get a full list of how not to run a company and this company will check for everything. Pretty sad picture seeing how a lot of talent and potential is being wasted.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run as fast as you can

Feb 17, 2021 - Human Resources Specialist in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro of working for this company is when you leave you'll be better off

Cons

Where do I start? Hours are super long. No paid time off for the first year. No benefits. A very demanding company that provides little direction. Just run, trust me.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews

AppliancesConnection (NY) Reviews FAQs

61% of AppliancesConnection (NY) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AppliancesConnection (NY) 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AppliancesConnection (NY) to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be management, compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with AppliancesConnection (NY) Job Seekers