Applied Behavior Consultants ABA Tutor Reviews | Glassdoor

Applied Behavior Consultants ABA Tutor Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Found 3 reviews

Applied Behavior Consultants CEO Joseph Morrow, Ph.D (no image)
Joseph Morrow, Ph.D

"They base pay off education not experience."

Current Employee - ABA Tutor in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Applied Behavior Consultants part-time for more than a year

Pros

Training was very educational, lead tutors are welcoming and the school site is fun for the children

Cons

A little unorganized and the upper staff is a bit snooty... no room for pay negotiations, as they have already decided on pay when they offer u the job. Did not take experience into account and the pay is low for the amount of data requested alo g with teaching lessons.

Advice to Management

Pay fair and understand that the tutors are the heart of the company and should be paid fairly.

Applied Behavior Consultants2015-07-17

"Gave false promises, but the kids are great."

Current Employee - ABA Tutor

I have been working at Applied Behavior Consultants part-time for less than a year

Pros

The kids are great and the hours can be convenient for students. Great for people with not much experience because they offer training. If you're interested in entry-level ABA work, this is a great place for that.

Cons

I came in with a lot of experience and they still had me start at the bottom, which was not a big deal at first because they promised me quick advancement. Unfortunately after I started they no longer wanted to discuss opportunity for advancement, even though I was receiving excellent reviews at every overlap. Whenever I asked it was dismissed or I was told to ask someone else. Additionally, I was told that a BCBA... would sign off on my work hours for my BCBA certification, but they failed to do that as well. It appears that in order to advance here you need to work at ABC for several years. If they had told me that during the interview process I would not have accepted the job. I'm currently looking for another company that is interested in mentoring me to a more advanced position.

Advice to Management

Provide more mentorship to employees obtaining certification. Reward high performance and experience with more responsibility.

Applied Behavior Consultants2014-03-23

"Its ok, good place to work if your in school full-time"

Current Employee - ABA Tutor in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

Good place to get the experience

Cons

Very little hours!!!!!! Subbing sucks because most of the clients binders are very unorganized and this gets over looked by everyone!

Advice to Management

Make sure someone goes out to the home and conducts a maintenance check with the clients binders! give tutors more hours! This is probably why everyone is quitting left and right!

Applied Behavior Consultants2012-07-31