Applied Behavior Consultants Behavior Therapist Reviews | Glassdoor

Applied Behavior Consultants Behavior Therapist Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2018

Found 3 reviews

2.1
Applied Behavior Consultants CEO Joseph Morrow, Ph.D (no image)
Joseph Morrow, Ph.D
  1. "I love working here. The teams are so supportive and everyone loves it too"

Current Contractor - Behavior Therapist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Applied Behavior Consultants for less than a year

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of the kids and their communities. You can see the progress that is made from week to week.

Cons

If you don't like working alone it may be a bit lonely at times; I however, work best this way.

Applied Behavior Consultants2017-01-08

"Behavior Therapist"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Concord, CA

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

They reached out to me regarding taking a position as a Behavior Therapist with their company. I have had 1 & 1/2 years of experience in the ABA field. Unfortunately after my phone interview with Zach I realized that this company would not be a good fit for me. He was very condescending and rude, asking me very private questions about the specific details of the exact programs(not general, asking the data and... process of each trial) I've run with my clients(not to mention their ages and levels of severity) in the past and the compensation I've received from the companies I've worked with. He asked me belittling questions about whether I knew what behavior is or if I didn't understand the principles of ABA. My resume speaks for itself so this interview only confirms the already negative reviews this company already has.

Advice to Management

If you'd like better retention when hiring new BT's, train your interviewers better. Any manager with common sense would know not to be rude or condescending to a prospective employee.

Applied Behavior Consultants2018-04-20

"Entry Position Only - Walnut Creek Office"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide free training and RBT certification (to some employees) and supervisors are generally nice, though in a disingenuous manner, if you do as they say. It's a solid entry level position to get your foot in the door since they only really require some form of psychology coursework and experience with kids. I've definitely seen some BTs come through that were just not the right fit for the job, however.

Cons

Supervisors are catty and moody - the Walnut Creek location isn't very organized and they lost a lot of consultants/BTs and was running with only two people as case managers/consultants and no director for at least a year. Majority of consultants are not BCBA certified, which is a bit of a downgrade from other companies. The center based location that was set up in the last year started offering services without... having rules/regulations/structure and it was glaringly clear to both employees and families. Rules were constantly bent and rewritten to benefit supervisors. There's a weird "company vs families" culture and parent concerns are typically belittled because they only have "interfering thoughts." Not the best clinical work - supervisors will pack schedules with 5-7 hour long sessions with only 5 lessons to work on - BTs and the kids get drained, it's just not clinically effective and a waste of time - pretty much squeezing family's insurance for every bit of money they can get out of them. Favorites are definitely played.

Advice to Management

Be kind and work with the families as a team - it's not just the kids that are working hard to improve their quality of life.

Applied Behavior Consultants2017-06-06