Applied Behavior Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Applied Behavior Consultants Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

Found 40 reviews

2.6
Applied Behavior Consultants CEO Joseph Morrow, Ph.D (no image)
Joseph Morrow, Ph.D
  1. "Behavior Consultant"

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants full-time

Pros

Learn a lot at this company

Cons

Salary is not as competitive as others

Applied Behavior Consultants2018-05-07

"Behavior Therapist"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Concord, CA

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

They reached out to me regarding taking a position as a Behavior Therapist with their company. I have had 1 & 1/2 years of experience in the ABA field. Unfortunately after my phone interview with Zach I realized that this company would not be a good fit for me. He was very condescending and rude, asking me very private questions about the specific details of the exact programs(not general, asking the data and... process of each trial) I've run with my clients(not to mention their ages and levels of severity) in the past and the compensation I've received from the companies I've worked with. He asked me belittling questions about whether I knew what behavior is or if I didn't understand the principles of ABA. My resume speaks for itself so this interview only confirms the already negative reviews this company already has.

Advice to Management

If you'd like better retention when hiring new BT's, train your interviewers better. Any manager with common sense would know not to be rude or condescending to a prospective employee.

Applied Behavior Consultants2018-04-20
  3. "Beware of the trainers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants part-time

Pros

Non that I can think of!!!

Cons

Trainers will belittle you in front of clients and be rude and disrespectful to you tell you that your not doing anything right loadly and repeatedly through out training. The want you to fail instead of help you succeed. Even had a trainer peel out when leaving and almost run me over while kicking up.dort all over me. Then when you try and talk to the supervisor she gives no help.and talks behind your back. I had... anxiety the entire time I .worked there.

Advice to Management

Listen to the complaints and try to fix them rater than get rid of the ones who complain.

Applied Behavior Consultants2018-03-01
  4. "Good starting point for ABA, but don't expect much work-life balance"

Former Employee - Field Trainer in Ontario, CA

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They give great training and support. They will help you get and maintain your RBT credential. A great way to get started in ABA

Cons

Their pay is not competitive. They also play favorites and fast track some employees for promotion while not moving other up at all, regardless of education or experience. Too much emphasis on billable hours and not nearly enough on work-life balance for their employees.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is important for this field since it is so easy to get burnt out. Competitive pay is a must for this competitive field.

Applied Behavior Consultants2018-01-24
  5. "ABC has an employee and client centered culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Applied Behavior Consultants full-time

Pros

There is lots of training. Family environment. The staff are highly knowledgeable and willing to help. People that work there care about the clients and how they interface with world.

Cons

There are no cons. There are no cons. There are no cons. There are no cons. There are no cons. There are no cons.

Advice to Management

None to share at this time.

Applied Behavior Consultants2017-09-03

"Entry Position Only - Walnut Creek Office"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide free training and RBT certification (to some employees) and supervisors are generally nice, though in a disingenuous manner, if you do as they say. It's a solid entry level position to get your foot in the door since they only really require some form of psychology coursework and experience with kids. I've definitely seen some BTs come through that were just not the right fit for the job, however.

Cons

Supervisors are catty and moody - the Walnut Creek location isn't very organized and they lost a lot of consultants/BTs and was running with only two people as case managers/consultants and no director for at least a year. Majority of consultants are not BCBA certified, which is a bit of a downgrade from other companies. The center based location that was set up in the last year started offering services without... having rules/regulations/structure and it was glaringly clear to both employees and families. Rules were constantly bent and rewritten to benefit supervisors. There's a weird "company vs families" culture and parent concerns are typically belittled because they only have "interfering thoughts." Not the best clinical work - supervisors will pack schedules with 5-7 hour long sessions with only 5 lessons to work on - BTs and the kids get drained, it's just not clinically effective and a waste of time - pretty much squeezing family's insurance for every bit of money they can get out of them. Favorites are definitely played.

Advice to Management

Be kind and work with the families as a team - it's not just the kids that are working hard to improve their quality of life.

Applied Behavior Consultants2017-06-06

"Wouldn't recommend this company, better companies out there"

RBT in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Applied Behavior Consultants for more than a year

Pros

Working with the kids are great

Cons

management and no stability with hours

Applied Behavior Consultants2017-06-03
  8. "Good start"

I have been working at Applied Behavior Consultants part-time

Pros

Great entry level position. Staff are dedicated to the children they serve. Flexible schedule!

Cons

Low pay for bachelor level college graduate.

Advice to Management

Provide more training opportunities for staff.

Applied Behavior Consultants2017-03-24
  9. "inspector"

Utility Inspector in Booneville, AR

I worked at Applied Behavior Consultants for less than a year

Pros

good company to work for great benefits

Cons

don't have enough work for all year

Applied Behavior Consultants2016-02-12
  10. "Great Firm!"

Current Employee - Business Associate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Applied Behavior Consultants part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hours, CEO works with staff, care about clients

Cons

None that I can think of!

Applied Behavior Consultants2016-02-10