KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Applied Information Sciences Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

4.4
Applied Information Sciences CEO Fred Elleman (no image)
Fred Elleman
Pros
  • "Work life balance is another thing that I am so happy about(in 22 reviews)

• "work from home facility ,food ,perks(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "When you are happy from your bottom of the heart, its very hard to find cons(in 4 reviews)

• "More structure on career growth(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Apr 26, 2021 - Cloud Security Engineer in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job and great opportunities.

Cons

There are no negatives to report.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Employee Focused Company!

Apr 25, 2021 - Security Engineer in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Culture, Pay, Work/Life Balance, Onboarding

Cons

None yet! This place has been a dream!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun place to work

Apr 19, 2021 - Infrastructure Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun to work there at.

Cons

Need to let people change projects

Director

Thanks for your review. Changing projects and rotation is extremely important; it benefits our employees, our clients, and ultimately our company. It can be difficult, but we will continue to work on it and put structure around how it happens.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company culture

Mar 17, 2021 - Information Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/ life balance, being heard/ valued by upper management, contributing to exciting work

Cons

at the mercy of the client when it comes to certain consulting work

Director

Thanks for your review. We want to improve and will continue investing in the experience of our employees. Thanks for your contributions!

5. 5.0

Love working for AIS

Feb 26, 2021 - Solution Specialist in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with AIS for a little over a year. It's an amazing company with great people. If you work with Microsoft products/services, you should seriously consider coming to work for us.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Director

Thanks for your review! We hope you continue to feel challenged and see growth opportunities!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Beware

Feb 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote even after covid

Cons

They make you fill out your benefit enrollment forms on your own time before you start, which is unethical. Do not accept a job offer unless the client interviews you. If you are given a contingent offer upon client approval and you have not interviewed with the client, do not accept it. AIS is beholden to their clients so they will let the client reneg on their no-interview acceptance. Then the client can boot you off the project after AIS gives them free reign to change their mind about interviewing you. If AIS doesn't have another project suitable for you, you will find yourself out of a job less than a month after you started. This is what happened to me.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly, challenging, and supportive environment

Jan 12, 2021 - Junior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, challenging work, engaging management to support goals and aspirations for growth, flexible for in office hours vs remote work, positive demeanor all around.

Cons

none really come to mind, maybe a better 401k match/faster vesting. Only main "concern" is format for consulting/skill levels. Could use a refresher/more clear how it ties to compensation/titles. Other than that no outstanding complaints come to mind!

8. 5.0

Great fulfilling experience

Mar 8, 2021 - Module Lead in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people with mind-blowing skills sets

Cons

None that effects your work

Director

Thanks for your review! Please let us know if there are ways we can improve your experience as an employee!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good place for a long term career

Jan 4, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that aims to keep you for the long term. They have good pay and benefits. Any work beyond 40 hours a week is optional and paid on top of salary. The health care plan is great.

Cons

None come to my mind.

10. 5.0

Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop

Sep 20, 2020 - Cloud Operations Engineer in Haymarket, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed at AIS for about 6 months now. I didn't want to write a review to quickly as I wanted to let things settle so I could get a good feel for the company. When I first started it was like drinking from a firehose. I was coming from the AWS Cloud world and AIS works a lot with Azure. I spent weekdays/weekends studying and doing my best to get up to speed as fast as I could with Azure. I had to make a very quick turn to the Azure side and that meant a lot of reading and studying! I was given all the tools I needed to get up to speed on Azure. The key here is, I was not told WHAT to learn. I was simply given the tools to start my journey in the Azure world. I was trusted, from the get-go, to be a professional and learn on my own. My first assignment was with a large corporation. I was tasked with learning and producing code in languages I had only dipped my toe in before. I was scared to death but excited to learn. The Team I was on was led by three people who were patient, yet firm, and some of the smartest Engineers I had ever had the pleasure to work with. I was expected to produce but was helped along the way when I got stuck. When the project was complete three months later, I thought back to where I started with the project and where I was now. In just those short few months, it was incredible how much I had learned in such a short period of time. I was hooked. I have been in IT for 26+ years. I have worked for some of the largest IT companies on planet earth. I have worked everything from helpdesk to mainframes and heald just about every job title in-between. However, I have never truly "learned" more in such a short period of time than I have working for AIS. The employees are smart, professional, and helpful. The staff is so supportive and the Management is truthful, honest, and lets you know where the company stands. A very different environment from what I was used to. Now, you might be wondering why I titled this "Waiting for The Other Shoe to Drop". Simple. When you enjoy something as much as I have enjoyed working with these incredibly smart engineers you start looking around waiting for the other shoe to drop. You start to believe it's "too good". My greatest fear is not meeting the bar I have set for myself and being asked to leave (thus, the other shoe). This is a company that lets you be you but expects you to be smart, professional, hard-working, but most importantly "pay it forward". None of this "hoarding skill stuff" because you are afraid someone might be better than you if they learn what you know. We work as a Team. We produce as a Team. We lose as a Team. We win as a Team. If I am ever asked to leave, it will be a horrible day. I finally feel at home and I would like to stay for a long while. I want to do my best, not just for AIS but for me. AIS is providing me with the tools and environment to go as far as I want. If you are looking for a challenging, never-ending educational experience, and work alongside some incredible people, I cannot recommend AIS high enough.

Cons

- COVID -As EVERY company has had to endure, the shift to a completely remote workforce has its challenges. This is not AIS's fault but be prepared to work remotely, for the time being, and have a designated place to work. - 1-1 time. Again, during this time, if you are used to 1-1 facetime time with your manager be prepared to do it remotely. - Mentorship - If you are the type that needs/wants a mentor to help move your career forward at AIS, ask up-front. I didn't but was lucky enough to have a few of the Engineers guide me as I am progressing through my AIS career.

4 people found this review helpful

Director

Thank you very much for your review. We hope you continue to feel engaged and challenged with the work you are doing! We have launched our mentoring/coaching pilot and we look forward to expanding it for all of our employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews