Applied Information Sciences Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2020

4.5
Applied Information Sciences CEO Fred Elleman (no image)
Fred Elleman
Pros
Cons
  • "They will tell you about work from Home and Latest Technology, but with my Exp(in 4 reviews)

• "When you are happy from your bottom of the heart, its very hard to find cons(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, flexible working schedule, lots of training opportunity, no micro-management

Cons

so far none as I can think of

"Great Company so far!"

Current Employee - Cloud Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary Pretty good health benefits for industry ESOP is a nice benefit for long term employees

Cons

It would be great to update the travel/expense portal. Something like concur would be beneficial for traveling and ease of use. Letting employees have their travel cards on file is a nice little perk. The 401k vesting period is long especially for consulting Need paternity leave although it sounds like that is on the radar!

Continue reading
  3. "Good company with growing pains"

4.0
    Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time

Pros

Very engaging culture with good tenure

Cons

Like many smaller companies trying to expand, internal resources can become collateral damage

4. "13 years and still loving it!"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Leader in many areas of IT, diverse portfolio including many private companies and public organizations, excellent services, strong reputation among clients, company you can be proud of, on the cutting edge, known by clients as not just a contractor company but thought leader, great pay and benefits, management that cares, strong growth, very close partnership with Microsoft, cloud agnostic (AWS Azure, etc.), supportive structure, internal opportunities for growth

Cons

High cost compared to other contractors. Lose bids due to our high cost, but clients come to know that's because AIS presents true cost upfront, and this builds trust.

February 5, 2020Director

Thanks for your dedicated service. Please let us know how we can improve!

5. "I have been working for AIS for 3 years"

Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to be, colleagues are driven, want to help, want to succeed as a team. For a relatively small company this one has a proper plan for growth, demonstrating mature thinking that will scale as the company grows. Great benefits, great environment. Snacks in the morning and at noon.

Cons

None what so ever for the three years i have been working there

February 5, 2020Director

Thanks for your review - we really appreciate it! Always reach out if you see areas for improvement!

6. "Awesome Company!!"

Current Employee - Senior Sharepoint Developer in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

The company ethics seems to be employee first, mission always. They take great care in investing in their employees. They show by actions that their when their employees get better the company gets better.

Cons

I have no Cons for this company

February 5, 2020Director

Thanks for being a part of the team! Let us know how we can improve!

7. "AIS has helped me to further my career and learn about Microsoft Azure."

Current Employee - Cloud Support Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA

Pros

Exposure to Microsoft Azure and the ability to further explore tools within the product

Cons

Ability to get some of my ideas across to direct manager

December 19, 2019Director

Thanks for your feedback! It is our hope that you will continue to gain cutting edge experience. Please reach out to Talent Management if you would like to explore ways to mitigate the con you shared.

8. "Love the company and job!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Architect in Reston, VA

Pros

The vibe at this company is lovely and it is a joy to come to work daily. The new office space in Reston is beautiful and stocked with snacks, drinks, and often lunch leftovers from something that was hosted here (like a training or boot camp). The opportunity to grow at this company is massive, and the work is very interesting. Management is down to earth and the outlook for the company looks great. I would definitely recommend (and have!) my network to apply here.

Cons

No maternity / paternity leave. It takes a long time for your 401K to vest (5+ years for full vesting). The 401K match is the minimum that retirement plans contribute just by being a member (3%).

December 19, 2019Director

Great feedback - thanks for sharing! Parental leave is a topic of discussion as we want to offer compelling benefits to all of our employees. Please continue to provide this type of feedback with our internal channels as well.

9. "Business Analyst at AIS"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

Great group of people, very positive work ethic and environment

Cons

Poor SLT communication. Leadership needs to better communicate with its employees.

December 19, 2019Director

Thanks for the feedback! We are working on our communication. We understand how important it is and are looking for ways to improve.

10. "A Great company that keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work place full of personality and life. A growing company that reminds all employees they matter and have a place to be heard. Offers value beyond your just work.

Cons

Been here for over 11 years and can't find any to post.

October 27, 2019Talent Manager

Thank you for the excellent feedback! We're incredibly proud of what we have been able to build with our AIS family. As we continue to grow, we're passionate about preserving this culture and our open communication while ensuring our employees maintain their autonomy.

Found 100 reviews