Applied Information Sciences Reviews | Glassdoor

Fred Elleman

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that this is a veteran owned company. I love how we have such a diverse group of people here to work with that bring so many different knowledge sets to the table. Basically I don't how in the world I could've found a better job right out of the gate just having retired from Active Federal Service.

Cons

Although there is always room for improvement, I cant think of a "Con" right now.

Jan 31, 2017

Thanks so much for the glowing review! We appreciate the insight into our culture and glad that you're enjoying your tenure here!

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about their employees.

Cons

I do not see any cons at this point in my career here.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

Pros

Collaborative, positive learning and working environment.
    Accessible leadership
    Friendly HR and administration staff
    Strong benefits
    Good fringe benefits, events

Cons

Not much to complain about.
    Most things I didn't like were taste, not genuine flaws.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Aug 3, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We at AIS are continuously striving to enhance our work environment and corporate culture based on the feedback of our employees.

"Amazing Growth Potential & Top Talent!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

Amazing place to work! I started at AIS few months ago and immediately I can see growth potential. When I was looking for my next opportunity, I was very selective on which company I want to work with. When I came acorss AIS, I knew exactly this company can offer me what I'm looking for and I was 100% on point. I'm extremely happy I am now part of AIS' team!

Cons

I do not have anything to share at this point.

Advice to Management

NA

Mar 22, 2016 – Director

We’re glad you found a great place to work. We strive to make AIS a great place to be and keep our employees long-term. We hope you’ll stay just as happy for many years to come!

"Awesome place - full of world-class talent"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They invest heavily in their employees, provide a wonderful culture. Management is great. Everyone I have dealt with in the company from HR to Help desk, to the president are wonderful professionals.

Cons

It's really hard to find one, although if I had to it would be this - with so many bright, talented world-class people working for the company, it can make a person feel insecure in their own knowledge and talents.

Aug 19, 2015 – Director

Thanks for your comments! The success of our employees is of vital importance and we want to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to excel. Please speak up or reach out if there is something ... More

"Top Reasons to Work at AIS"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The number one thing I like best about working at AIS is knowing that I am a valued member of the team.

From day one my knowledge and skills were recognized and put to immediate use.

The enthusiasm shown by the AIS recruiting team during my interview and subsequent hiring was an important factor in choosing to work at AIS.

The honesty and integrity of the Leadership demonstrated during my interview/hiring process is the reason I came to work for AIS.

Cons

If you want to work 9-5 and just collect a paycheck, do not work here
    If you need to be micromanaged, do not work here
    If you are done learning and growing professionally, do not work here

Advice to Management

Continue to set Vision, Goals & Objectives
    Continue to provide opportunities
    Continue to encourage creativity and innovation

Mar 10, 2015 – Director

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are continuing to seek ways to provide opportunities for our employees and to innovate. Effective execution of this involves high engagement of our ... More

"Very Satisfied Working at AIS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart and capable co-workers, good benefits, excellent opportunities for motivated self-starters. Managers are accessible and the structure is flat. Company is dedicated to exploring and developing expertise in the latest technologies, including cloud solutions in Azure. AIS does not hire just to staff projects, but is looking for people to grow with the company.

Cons

Some project assignments aren't terribly exciting but generally you can get reassigned if you ask. Experiencing some growing pains and there does not seem to be a clear vision for developing new managers to sustain growth.

Feb 11, 2015 – Director

Thank you very much for providing your review. As a company we are very interested in seeing people grow in a manner that is both individually rewarding and financially beneficial and as a result ... More

9. "Excellent company working on cutting edge of Microsoft technologies"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Not as much emphasis on processes

"If you do not know where you stand with the company until your review this is the place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reston, VA

Pros

Excellent colleagues who are enthusiastic about the technology they work with.

Cons

Management is very poor at communicating employee feedback. You will have no idea where you stand with the company until the day of your performance review where all negative feedback that you are hearing for the first time is unloaded at once.

Advice to Management

Give feedback more often to your employees so they know where they stand and will have time to correct any issues

"In general a good place to work, keeps you busy and flexible work schedule and excellent colleagues."

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Reston, VA

Pros

flexible work schedule and excellent colleagues
    good technical support system

Cons

Career Growth path not known
    can be stuck with same technologies for years

Advice to Management

develop current employees, improve communication with employees,.