Applied Information Sciences Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fred Elleman

1. Featured Review

"Don't regret my decision at all"

Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I start? I have been impressed every step of the way since joining this company. Sure, there are areas in which they can improve, but for a company with the growth that has occurred, they are above the standard. First of all, the recruiting team is one of the best and brightest that I have ever worked with. They were there every step of the way and providing valuable information. Other items of note are below:
    - AWESOME onboarding process
    - I've worked with some very good teams, and this is probably the best and brightest group of people I have ever worked with in IT.
    - Great leadership vision for future growth
    - Have adapted to the changing technologies and cloud focused.
    - They want you certified and will encourage and pay for it.
    To sum it all up, I have been impressed by every step of my journey since joining the company and look forward to what the future holds.

Cons

The one con, which is commonplace amongst Federal contracting companies is that much of the work is contract based. In saying that, the company has a great talent management team that works tirelessly to make sure employees stay competitive and can be placed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We’re glad to hear that our overall candidate experience has been a positive one and has transferred into a positive employee experience. We are ... More

"Great Benefits, Senior Leadership Needs Improvement"

Former Employee - Developer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Developer in Reston, VA

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is great. You can work on cool projects. Benefits are awesome. HR is being more transparent. They do not babysit you.

Cons

I agree with other reviewers about senior leadership. Most of senior leadership is nothing but a bunch of men competing for a popularity contest. As soon as they don’t like you they will make your work life miserable., even when you are successful at every project. There are a lot of political issues within the senior leadership team.

Advice to Management

Try inspiring your employees instead of being a bully. Try thinking outside of your silo. We all know companies have to do lay offs. If you do, make sure you are laying off the right people and offer a severance package. Value your employees talents.

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Manager

We appreciate your constructive feedback. Due to the loss of recent contracts/awards, which are common in our industry, unfortunately we had to make difficult decisions to ensure we have a workforce ... More

"Great benefits, horrible senior management"

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and nice work/life balance.

Cons

After "restructuring" the company has gone way downhill. Senior management needs to focus on being leaders rather than degrading people. It is sad to see what was once a great company be ruined by idiots. They are doing layoffs every year now and are not offering severance packages.

Advice to Management

Try inspiring your employees rather than degrading them. This is not the same company it was 3 years ago. Fred is no longer the CEO

May 30, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that your experience at AIS did not match our intentions. As a company we are committed to creating a transparent and collaborative environment for all our ... More

4. "Senior Software Engineer"

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies.

Cons

Voice can get lost if assigned to a large client.

Advice to Management

Ensure feedback is heard, at all levels.

May 16, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback - this is highly appreciated! We continue to improve our communication efforts among all of our employees and have utilized the past several months to elicit and ... More

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

Pros

They really care about their employees.

Cons

I do not see any cons at this point in my career here.

Apr 28, 2017 – Talent Manager

We appreciate the review!

6. "Review"

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time

Pros

Good trainings and good technology

Cons

None I know of currently

Advice to Management

Nothing specific at present

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thanks for the feedback!

7. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that this is a veteran owned company. I love how we have such a diverse group of people here to work with that bring so many different knowledge sets to the table. Basically I don't how in the world I could've found a better job right out of the gate just having retired from Active Federal Service.

Cons

Although there is always room for improvement, I cant think of a "Con" right now.

Jan 31, 2017

Thanks so much for the glowing review! We appreciate the insight into our culture and glad that you're enjoying your tenure here!

8. "Work wise review, ais US and aid Ind both are different in financial wise."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

Pros

Flexible Hours, WFH and Professional and Personal life balance wise it is among the best oranisations. This is the main reason to make better ratings for this.

Cons

As long as you have juice in you, you are safe and client should find the same in you though.

once if you failed to maintain the trust in you in client perspective and lost billing from client YOU ARE OUT literally. Not it down.

and Just 3-4 clients Majorly 2. There is no way that clients number going to increase in near future.

You can enjoy the time here as long as you are in billing, otherwise you are in SOUP

Advice to Management

As ais brand is already established well from past 8 years, you can have business development managers to expand more in clients perspective may be to different regions apart from US, otherwise there is nothing to get more business from this.

Dec 22, 2016 – Director

We appreciate your candid feedback - we continually look for expanding client base & strive towards that goal. With challenging market dynamics & technology landscape, it always does not pan as ... More

"No Job security"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open culture
    No timings
    Work from home
    Casual dressing
    Good salaries

Cons

All the decisions are taken by the director - India of the company.No interaction of hr after recruitment at all. Only one hr who handles recruitment.

Poor retention rate .

Advice to Management

No notice period given before termination. For company there are many employees, but the effect is for longer term for the terminated employee

Dec 22, 2016 – Director

We appreciate your candid feedback & will continue to look at HR policies & employee benefits. As a reward for performance organization, at times we evaluate shuffling teams to better align with ... More

10. "One of the Best Companies to work for in Microsoft Technologies"

Former Employee - Web Specialist in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Web Specialist in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Flexibility with the work timings and work from home.
    2) Good Pay package according to industry Standards.
    3) Management is purely technical so they understand the issues faced by an engineer and back their engineers accordingly.
    4) Management is flexible to help out in all possible ways if you’re getting your job done.
    5) Flat Structure and everyone is directly approachable.
    6) New Clients and projects are coming up so the company looks stable for next few years.
    7) Good and friendly work environment.

Cons

1) Unprofessional Payroll Vendor.
    2) Some people gets repeated onsite opportunities whereas others have to wait for eternity.

Advice to Management

1) There should be rotational onsite opportunities for the employees.
    2) Hire a new payroll Vendor.

Nov 15, 2016 – Director

Thanks for sharing your feedback - we will take appropriate action as appropriate. We truly appreciate your valuable contributions & wish you luck for future endeavors.