Applied Information Sciences Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

4.9
Fred Elleman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Don't regret my decision at all"

Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I start? I have been impressed every step of the way since joining this company. Sure, there are areas in which they can improve, but for a company with the growth that has occurred, they are above the standard. First of all, the recruiting team is one of the best and brightest that I have ever worked with. They were there every step of the way and providing valuable information. Other items of note are below:
    - AWESOME onboarding process
    - I've worked with some very good teams, and this is probably the best and brightest group of people I have ever worked with in IT.
    - Great leadership vision for future growth
    - Have adapted to the changing technologies and cloud focused.
    - They want you certified and will encourage and pay for it.
    To sum it all up, I have been impressed by every step of my journey since joining the company and look forward to what the future holds.

Cons

The one con, which is commonplace amongst Federal contracting companies is that much of the work is contract based. In saying that, the company has a great talent management team that works tirelessly to make sure employees stay competitive and can be placed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We’re glad to hear that our overall candidate experience has been a positive one and has transferred into a positive employee experience. We are... More

2. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that this is a veteran owned company. I love how we have such a diverse group of people here to work with that bring so many different knowledge sets to the table. Basically I don't how in the world I could've found a better job right out of the gate just having retired from Active Federal Service.

Cons

Although there is always room for improvement, I cant think of a "Con" right now.

Jan 31, 2017

Thanks so much for the glowing review! We appreciate the insight into our culture and glad that you're enjoying your tenure here!

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - IT Customer Engagement Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Customer Engagement Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Applied Information Sciences (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company that treats employees like family. Very responsive offices (e.g. HR, IT, etc.)

Cons

Smaller in scale so some opportunities for upward movement limited but overall, an excellent company.

Advice to Management

Continue Forward!!!

Oct 31, 2016

We appreciate the honest feedback! We hope that the changes we've made and continue to make will improve the overall environment and culture of our company.

"Very Satisfied Working at AIS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart and capable co-workers, good benefits, excellent opportunities for motivated self-starters. Managers are accessible and the structure is flat. Company is dedicated to exploring and developing expertise in the latest technologies, including cloud solutions in Azure. AIS does not hire just to staff projects, but is looking for people to grow with the company.

Cons

Some project assignments aren't terribly exciting but generally you can get reassigned if you ask. Experiencing some growing pains and there does not seem to be a clear vision for developing new managers to sustain growth.

Feb 11, 2015 – Director

Thank you very much for providing your review. As a company we are very interested in seeing people grow in a manner that is both individually rewarding and financially beneficial and as a result... More

"Broken promises and unfulfilled potentials due to lack of leadership."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Out of the half dozen former employees I know none would ever consider AIS as an employer, partner or client. They have some bright people there but they are all burned out by terrible program managers and executives.

Cons

The main problem is that The "leaders" are self serving egotistical amateurs. The executives don't know how to correct this and this has created a very hostile working environment.

Advice to Management

Look over your staffing. You have a lot of incompetent people willing to destroy all your hard work