Applied Medical Engineer I Reviews | Glassdoor

Said S Hilal
  1. "Good culture"

Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time

Pros

Great culture, opportunity for growth

Cons

Benefits not the best, pay could be better

Applied Medical2019-08-19

"Group Process Development Engineer for Voyant Generator I and II (It is not a career)"

Former Employee - Engineer I in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Applied Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

-CEO is nice, quarter/semi year profit sharing depends on the company outcome(goes to your paycheck) -Nice people in production line (only if you worked on top level assembly) - Toll Road reimbursement ( only small reimbursement ) - Learning Events and free lunch -Lunch Free when there is a new team member

Cons

-Pay standards for engineers are low (expects to write a long brief essay during interview for new graduates, expects to have similar experiences as process engineers, or expects the person to belong in Ivy League College) - Managers and Team Leader are very controlly and typically want to know what your doing at all times (even during lunch time). -Salary position and cares if you arrive late (5minutes to 30... minutes). (managers and team leader hate people being late even though you can make up the time or cut lunch time, they have to know your schedule so they can "assign projects". totally understand if they assign meetings in the morning.) Also, most people in the group process development comes in 9 a.m. -Assigns meetings after work hours. -No overtime payments. (even after working over 8 hours) -Managers favors employees who typically are not looking for growth in the company, so they dont have to promote or increase their wages, unless you look very interesting or have interesting background. -Lots of Multitasking in jobs and requires either new set of skills. (They assign me a project because i told one my coworkers that I have use solidworks once for 3d printing) -No Communications from other teams. Everyone who is need for either signatures or project planning has phones and offices, Sometimes they are not able to be contact, or they just dont want to picked up the phones, especially when projects are super important -No internet access. (Group Process development managers or team leaders feels like that we would go on facebook or youtube) -Not allow to go out to eat fast food place during lunch break without permission. They will fear that you will be late for a meeting if meeting was assign after lunch. -People either get moved around, fired or finds better job -No Salary Negotiation ( I regret the decision I made, when the team leader send late reply email and says he can do it but leaves the week after I was employee and managers says that there is standard pay for entry level job at applied medical) -Everything is to easy but requires signatures or approvals -Lies about job description, you will be doing jobs that require no electrical engineering like testing or anything. Just writing detailed report that anyone can write. Little bit about me, I got fired for using most of my sick days. (I had medical injury and dying relative.). I only have 1 late project and the rest of my projects are finished early by couple days/weeks or on the same day that was assigned. This is not career unless you are looking to be slave as engineer. Here is advise, if you have this job or looking for another job and cant get one any time soon, use vacation days to get interview for another job as career.

Advice to Management

I hope you tell your employees why they got fired. Also, Either pay people more for work or give people feedback if they are looking to grow with the company. I know I got fired but I hope that no one else gets fired or leaves the company. I hope you can supervise less people and hire more team leaders or look into people who are actually really trying to grow with the company, otherwise this company is going down... the drain.

Applied Medical2018-01-17