Applied Medical Product Development Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

2.7
Applied Medical CEO Said S Hilal
Said S Hilal

"Very laid back environment, had a good time"

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Applied Medical for less than a year

Pros

The people there are very easy going; There was a good range of work, so on any given day I could have been doing some CAD, assembling and testing fixtures, or testing out a process and troubleshooting if necessary. They are clearly doing very well for themselves and are growing quickly.

Cons

pay was sub par, I got the feeling they weren't always quite sure what to do with me.

Applied Medical2012-09-08

"great experience, exposure, and community. Very low pay for the cost of living"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Great design opportunities. Level playing field. Access to new technologies. You'll be allowed to take on challenges that require more experience than you currently have

Cons

Compensation compared to cost of South Orange county living is a problem. High turn over is mostly due to this reason in my opinion. Rigid schedule of 8 to 5 (minimum) 1 hour lunch. 2 hour doctors appointments get taken out of sick time.

Advice to Management

Keep most of the great work! But, if you expect your talented workers to stick with Applied for the long run, don't make it a poor financial decision to do so. People have personal and family goals, accomplishing them while reaping the experience benefits of Applied Medical can be a challenge for the average employee with common life expences.

Applied Medical2016-06-17

"Apply only if desperate"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical

Pros

- learn engineering basics - all manufacturing is on-site - good stepping stone

Cons

- family owned, cannot rise unless related - low wages - majority are fresh college grads - do not stay longer than 2 years - lay off engineers if you stay longer than 3 years. I switched companies before I hit my 3 year mark. - lay off talented upper management without a warrented reason

Advice to Management

- keep engineers longer to grow talent

Applied Medical2015-10-03