Applied Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 325 reviews

2.9
Applied Medical CEO Said S Hilal
Said S Hilal

"If you have any ambition, DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Engineer in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a 24/7 gym and really nice facilities

Cons

Management has no management skills, much less leadership skills. They tell you to do what they tell you to do because that's why they pay you. If you are happy to just do whatever they tell you to do without any goals of your own, then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

The company will continue to have high turnover if you do not have the right leadership and good managers to retain team members

Applied Medical2019-06-24

July 18, 2019Team Member Relations

I’m sorry to read about your frustrations. I’d like to talk with you and potentially engage with your team to try and improve your situation. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss. Respectfully, Gary Fischer, Vice President, Team Member Relations.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time

Pros

Great management, good commission structure

Cons

Can be very long hours, many chains of management and miscommunication of who is in charge, no health insurance and other benefits that come with other medical device roles

Applied Medical2019-06-22

July 18, 2019Team Member Relations

We’re very fortunate to have dedicated team members like you out in the field. You’re making a meaningful, positive difference every day and we appreciate you! Also, please note that health insurance and many other benefits are available to all of our field team members. Please ...

"They alright"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young co-workers, Cool projects, relaxed work environment

Cons

Management nepotism, low pay, inexperienced engineers

Applied Medical2019-06-10

July 18, 2019Team Member Relations

We’re proud of our intern program and are glad to hear you’re enjoying your projects. Enjoy your summer.

"Stay Away! Terrible Managers! Low Pay and lots of wasted effort"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

-None really. I did not learn a single thing that I could not have learned with google. Your career will not advance here

Cons

-THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT QUALITY. They say they do but they do not. Most jobs are done quickly but not well. This leads to lots of issues with yields, equipment failure, preventative maintenance, documentation, etc. -They have lots of documentation that is WRONG. The company knows this but hides it and will make team members sidestep protocols/rules/regulations to make updates -Your middle manager will actively... sabotage your progress. This is because management promotes people to middle managers that have no previous management experience. -Management enforces and ignores rules and regulations as they please. This is highly unsafe and unprofessional -Management is manipulative does not see you as a person, they see you as a resource. I have overheard terrible conversations between managers about how they want to use people to do their bidding. -Management manipulates the facts and timelines of non-conformance reports to avoid high-level NCIRs and save money -All training is supplied via Applied Medicals internal departments. This means you don't get any certifications that you can use externally and you don't get proper training.

Advice to Management

go jump off a cliff

Applied Medical2019-06-06

July 18, 2019Team Member Relations

Quality is of the utmost importance to us. If ANY team member witnesses any inappropriate, unethical or illegal behavior they should report it to our anonymous third-party hotline, which is available on MyApplied in the Compliance resources section.

"Good First Job"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Applied Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

-A good place for recent graduates to get experience. There are a lot of resources at the company to get your feet wet in the industry. -Great health insurance with low employee cost. -Great work culture. It's a good mix of work and play. My team goes out for lunch every Friday, and will occasionally plan weekend trips and events. -Good work/life balance. Hours are typically 8-5 and no one expects you to stay... after 5pm.

Cons

-Inexperienced middle management. Most are young and started their first jobs with this company. Middle management is not held accountable for any decisions made. When things go awry, the finger pointing typically lands at the individual engineers that wrote the protocols and reports, regardless of if they contributed to any decision making. Be prepared to defend yourself, even if management approved your documents.... -Engineers are encouraged to take the lead or voice their concerns, but any actual concerns are often dismissed with "this is how we've always done it". If your approach does not line up with what management had in mind, it is incredibly difficult if not impossible to get approval. -When issues arise, the default solution is to justify why things are still okay, rather than try to fix the problem at its root. As a result, some issues can linger for years and go through multiple engineers (due to the high turnover). The newly assigned engineers are typically recent graduates with no experience, resulting in incorrect/inadequate solutions that never fully address the issues or cause more problems. -Nepotism. This company is privately held, and upper management are either family or friends. -No work from home flexibility.

Advice to Management

There needs to be less of a "get it done" attitude. A lot of the issues I experienced could be prevented if engineering teams were given more time to develop their products/processes before release. Teams could really benefit from a knowledgeable and experienced engineer to lead, but the low compensation at this company drives most experience away. Good engineers are out there, but the company must be willing to... offer a competitive package. Most of the engineers I've talked to stay primarily because we've made friends here, but a company can't rely on that to keep their employees. This company doesn't make a good first impression. On my first day, I was told that engineers do not have internet access and must either stay for a minimum of one year or demonstrate need. Internet access seems like a very basic necessity that a company should provide to its employees.

Applied Medical2019-05-21

"Applied Med"

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Products and market penetration

Cons

little opportunity to exceed bonus

Applied Medical2019-05-17

July 18, 2019Team Member Relations

We truly appreciate all our dedicated team members out in the field. Thank you for everything you do to help improve surgical outcomes and patient care.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Process Engineer

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot to learn and the team environment is great.

Cons

Pay and benefits could be better.

Applied Medical2019-05-04

May 13, 2019Team Member Relations

Thanks so much for leaving a review! Glad to hear you’re enjoying your team!

"Great experience with ability to grow and become a well rounded engineer"

Former Employee - Product Development Intern in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Applied Medical part-time for less than a year

Pros

Applied Medical is a great place to work because just about all of the people who work there are willing to help with whatever you need. They are big on developing your professional self rather than developing a certain product or process. There are a lot of young people within the company who really enjoy their work. It is a fast paced and collaborative workplace.

Cons

None to be concerned of.

Applied Medical2019-05-03

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Applied Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

if you like selling cheap me too products this is the place

Cons

me too company with poor management. Dont pay what they say the plan is. cant keep to a plan always changing mid stream, knee jerk reactions.

Advice to Management

Hire better people and pay them what you say you will

Applied Medical2019-04-22
  10. "Hands on"

Current Employee - Director in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Vertically integrated company let's you take on a lot of different projects.

Cons

Like any medical device company, there is a high expectation on documentation.

Applied Medical2019-04-21

May 13, 2019Team Member Relations

Sounds like you appreciate the diverse project opportunities as much as we appreciate our team members! Thanks for your review.

Found 325 reviews