Applied Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 315 reviews

2.8
Applied Medical CEO Said S Hilal
Said S Hilal

"High Speed CNC supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is strictly my opinion and based on my personal experience there , I find no Pros.

Cons

High employee and supervisor turn over rate. If your not part of the good o'l boys club your not valued. They throw money at a problem hoping it fixes itself. Ridiculously long hours if you are salary.

Advice to Management

Restructure group VP’s , eliminate the us vs them mentality that exist between management .

Applied Medical2018-07-30

"Great company with incredible values"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Treat employees well, focused on improving healthcare industry practices, invest in employee growth and education, supportive culture

Cons

May be paid less than industry average but that's because they are not money driven (They are driven by providing best value to customers).

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Applied Medical2018-06-22

July 10, 2018Team Member Relations

It sounds like you're connecting with our mission and business model and we love that! We hope that you take every opportunity to help us continue to get better! If you ever want to share more of your experience or ideas for improvement, please reach out to us directly at TeamMemberFeedback@appliedmedical.com.

3. "Line Assembler with overtime occasionally"

Current Employee - Entry Levle Line Assembler in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benifits, off on the holidays.

Cons

Poor managememt due to solving problems with team.

Advice to Management

Have an open mind about the teams opinions. Dont be biaest.

Applied Medical2018-05-30

May 31, 2018Team Member Relations

We're so glad to hear you enjoy the benefits and holidays! We'd like to hear more about the rest of your experience. Please contact us at TeamMemberFeedback@appliedmedical.com so we can schedule some time to talk.

"If complacency in your career suits you..."

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work hours are fairly rigid, so there is not expectation to work longer than an 8 hour day. There are very little expectations of the employees. Once you are hired all you have to do is show up on time, be nice, say "Team" repeatedly, and you will stay forever. Environment is fairly relaxed and the expected attire is jeans and a shirt.

Cons

All management (at all levels) have very little experience outside of Applied, so managers are managing team members that should be in the reverse positions. Moreover, the company seems to be operating as if the year was 1999. Emails are responded to in full and complete sentences with greetings and salutations. This is incredibly inefficient and negates any speed by which problems are addressed. Many female managers...

Advice to Management

Fire half of the team members, double the salaries of all remaining team members and proceed.

Applied Medical2018-05-29

May 31, 2018Team Member Relations

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly to know more about your experience. Please reach out to us at: TeamMemberFeedback@appliedmedical.com so we can schedule time to talk.

"Great company culture"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, lots of opportunity for growth and you will gain a great deal of experience because of vertical integration, especially as an engineer

Cons

Some of the amenities on campus are lacking, however Applied Medical is working on improving these things and now there is a gym, yoga room, nap rooms, etc.

Advice to Management

Work on retention of engineers by paying them more competitive salaries versus hiring new engineers

Applied Medical2018-04-23

May 23, 2018Team Member Relations

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear you’re enjoying the fitness center! We’d love the opportunity to hear more of your suggestions directly. Please feel free to reach out to us at TeamMemberFeedback@appliedmedical.com

"Business Information - Associate Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Information - Associate Analyst in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent place to work if you need to get your foot through the door with a first job after graduating.

Cons

Applied Medical takes advantage of the fact that many of the employees are recent graduates. As a result, the pay is much lower than similar positions at different companies. Managers tend to micromanage and are resistant to trying anything else besides "what we have always done". It also seems nearly impossible to move up vertically.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more competitive wages. I would also like to see management become open to other non traditional methods for meeting project goals.

Applied Medical2018-05-04

May 23, 2018Team Member Relations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would appreciate the opportunity to better understand your situation and views. Please reach out to us at: TeamMemberFeedback@appliedmedical.com so we can schedule time to talk directly.

"Territory Manager"

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company treats their employees like gold in my opinion. They care about your personal growth and offer continuous educational support. I’ve never felt complacent with Applied. They’ve helped me and my career grow a great deal.

Cons

Hotel in Cali that they put you in isn’t my favorite.

Applied Medical2018-04-03

May 23, 2018Team Member Relations

Thank you for the kind words. It made our day! Supporting our team members’ professional and personal growth is a top priority. Keep up the great work!

"Territory Manager"

I worked at Applied Medical

Pros

Great training and implementation practice. Supportive local management, flexibility, and autonomy.

Cons

Corporate management really offsets strong local management. Comp plans are usually late/ changed to the detriment of the sales force. Career path is not certain as plans/ development changes. Compensation is fairly low in comparison to the market.

Applied Medical2018-04-09

"Good experience, Poor Management"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Applied Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience in a growing and lucrative field. Applied is willing to let you train yourself at their expense, while the coworkers tasked with training you are forced to pick up your slack.

Cons

You'll make just above poverty level pay for Southern California, and if you're lucky you can survive a few years before the inevitable existential stress causes you to have your midlife crisis at the ripe age of 26.

Advice to Management

You need to make a few changes if you want to succeed in keeping talent, if that is indeed your goal. Stop promoting family, start promoting competency.

Applied Medical2018-05-02

May 23, 2018Team Member Relations

We appreciate your feedback and would like to better understand some of your concerns. Please reach out to us at TeamMemberFeedback@appliedmedical.com so we can set some time to talk through your experience.

"Only good if you are starting your career"

I worked at Applied Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

First-class campus, products made in the USA, vertical integration, good place to learn if you are out of college, no background check, no college degree required.

Cons

Tight-knit family controlled business. Family members and friends in management positions do not have management experience or training. Applied has a very abnormal culture; one that you will never experience again in your career. You either fit-in or if you show signs of being an individual you will soon be ousted. Some engineering managers and directors don't even have a college degree. If you are competent and...

Advice to Management

I don't think senior management really cares about anyone's advice. But, I would just say that attrition costs you money. Valuable knowledge and training walks out the door with every employee that leaves. Value your employees that deliver good work, kissing up does not constitute a good employee.

Applied Medical2018-04-01