Applied Predictive Technologies Reviews in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Applied Predictive Technologies CEO Anthony Bruce
Anthony Bruce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance for client services is tough (in 19 reviews)

• 30% - 50% at the BC/EM level) and long hours during the week (in 21 reviews)

1. "A great community to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Database Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Database Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can’t imagine a better community of people to work with. Everyone is intelligent and driven while still remaining humble, supportive, and team-oriented. The company culture is very strong - lots of free food, fun events, etc. I feel fortunate that I get to work alongside my friends.

I experience a lot of variety in my day-to-day work across multiple client teams, internal data team projects, and recruiting efforts (amongst other things).

My favorite part about APT is the emphasis placed on the career review process. I appreciate that I receive actionable feedback every six months - I always have a clear idea of where I stand and what I can do to improve.

Cons

Being staffed on many teams at once - on busy weeks, this can lead to longer hours & lots of juggling priorities.

"Amazing place to start a career"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with at APT. Everyone is extremely smart and hard working, yet humble and inclusive. That is not a combination found in many places. I love the teams I work with and the challenging projects we work on together.

Since APT is a small-medium sized company, young people are given a ton of ownership early on. This can be extremely overwhelming, but equally as rewarding. My advisers and mentors are always challenging me to grow professionally, and my teammates help keep each other accountable with both personal and professional goals.

Other perks, the office always has free food and we have so many exciting events going on! (For example, my social "house" - similar to Harry Potter houses - is having an ice cream social today!) I love the young, relaxed, and fun culture.

Pay is competitive... especially if you're fresh out of college with minimal skill sets :)

Cons

The MasterCard acquisition has brought with it some changes to our benefits. Healthcare offer got worse, and the way we manage expenses has gotten more stringent.

Work life balance for client services is tough... I work in product development where the work life balance is much more manageable

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Great company to work at and be a part of a team"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Arlington, VA

Pros

-Excellent culture
    -Great benefits
    -Team oriented work environment

Cons

-In Arlington, Virginia
    -Very low median age
    -High turnover

4. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

Pros

Good mentorship, young collaborative culture

Cons

Need more cross department interaction

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping company culture

5. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at APT for a little over 3 years. Some of my favorite things about working at APT include:

- Awesome people: Many people at APT are friends both inside and outside of the office. It's great to be excited to come to work every day and know you will be with great people who are also extremely intelligent.
    - Opportunity to find your niche: While there is always the expectation that you give it your all towards your actual role, APT also offers the opportunity for every employee to find the things that excite them most and get involved there (examples include helping to conduct analytic investigations, being involved in campus recruiting and interviewing, etc.)
    - Chances for ownership: People with all levels of seniority can own features and projects of varying sizes.

Cons

While it varies by role, everyone at APT has a lot on their plate. This is great for growing in your career, but can also lead to a struggle in work-life balance.

"Great company to work for"

Former Intern - Business Consulting Intern in Arlington, VA
    Former Intern - Business Consulting Intern in Arlington, VA

I worked at Applied Predictive Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Exposure to management at Fortune 500 corporations.
    -Colleagues are extremely smart and warm people.
    -Interactions with senior members of the company is common and encouraged.
    -Exposure to analytical work, data work and client management work (including client trips) in solving business problems.

Cons

-Working hours can be long depending on what projects you are staffed onto.

Advice to Management

-Keep up the good work in sourcing for the brightest and nicest people to join the company.

7. "A fantastic workplace"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Arlington, VA

Pros

- The organization is extremely flat - I've only been here for 1 year, but I work directly with people who have been here for 6 years, people who just started, etc.
    - Employees receive frequent and in-depth feedback on strengths and opportunities for career growth
    - The culture is fantastic - we have plenty of team and company events (like Top Golf, company-wide Fifa tournaments, and even indoor skydiving), the office is collaborative and awesome (with kitchens on every floor, free meals every week, and game rooms in the office), etc.
    - There's a ton of flexibility (you can definitely choose your own hours, there's plenty of opportunities to switch between teams to broaden your experiences, etc.)

Cons

Can't really think of any cons to mention.

8. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

Pros

- Competitive benefits
    - Quickly growing company
    - Flat and responsive organization
    - Opportunities to take on responsibility and leadership
    - Work on interesting problems and products

Cons

- Risk of losing culture as the company grows
    - Decreasing visibility into strategic decisions
    - Lacks some of the amenities and perks of other large software companies

9. "Good software development company"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Product development has a good culture. When issues are identified with some policy or process, people take ownership and actively try to improve them.
    -People care about their work but also their coworkers. There's a collegial but not overbearing social environment.
    -for a B2B company of this size, there is a broad spectrum of engineering problems available to work on and it's easy to move between teams

Cons

-Compensation and benefits are good for the market, but less than what is available in California / NYC / Seattle with a comparable cost of living.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

Pros

- Fun and collaborative culture
    - Strong focus on career development and progression
    - Have opportunities to work on projects that interest you
    - Get to share your work with Senior VPs and the CTO
    - Everyone's opinions are heard and appreciated, no matter how long they've been with the company
    - Have a strong focus on innovation within the company
    - Collects employee feedback often to make improvements to the company
    - A lot of great perks (vacation, free food, game room, etc.)

Cons

The company is starting to grow rapidly, which means there will be challenges with keeping the company culture intact, although I think the company is aware of this and is taking the right steps towards ensuring this isn't an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to get feedback from employees so that you can keep track of how the company is evolving as it grows. Put in place systems that allow for the company to keep its fun, collaborative, and innovative culture even as the company grows.

Applied Predictive Technologies Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Chief People Officer and SVP, Marketing

Thank you for providing this feedback! It’s great to hear that after being here for less than a year you have been working on projects that interest you and are experiencing development in your... More