Applied Resource Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 13, 2018

4.7
Thomas Peace

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "We won best place to work in Atlanta and I could'nt agree more!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No micro-management, work hard/play hard mentality, stocked kitchen, group outings, management gives you all the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

None, I honestly cant think of one

Advice to Management

Please keep up the amazing work! I truly feel blessed every day coming to work.

2. "Account Executive"

I worked at Applied Resource Group full-time

Pros

Fun work environment and great co workers

Cons

nothing to report at this time.

3. "Best Place to Work in Atlanta!"

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Environment, Learning Culture, Teamwork Oriented, Great Managing Partners, Values you can back 100%, Constant praise from higher management and no micromanaging!

Cons

Can't honestly think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Company culture is unique (in a good way) and very uplifting. Everyone gets along, people keep it light but also understand when its time to work and get stuff done.

-Management and entire team are there to support and develop you; open-door policy

-You will NOT be micro-managed here, certain expectations need to be adhered to but nobody will be breathing over your shoulder trying to tell you how to do your job

-Fun company and team building activities

-This company is trending in the right direction and has a vision to continue growth, get on board now if you have the opportunity

Cons

-Cant really think of any; if I had to say one thing ; meetings are somewhat frequent but its kind of necessary

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Stable, Growing, and Great Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are all committed to the success of the collective whole. We are all competitive personalities, but, when it comes to celebrating recruiting wins, we are all united for the success of the company.

Management is VERY open-door. If you have concerns, comments, or simply want to hear their opinion on a situation, I have NEVER felt like I was a bother or a burden to them.

Because we are a growing company, you can really make your own destiny here. If you become passionate about a certain area of IT, Go after it! Build your desk and become known as an expert in that area. You'll have the full support of ARG!

You are both challenged and encouraged by your teammates and your manager. If you aren't hitting your goals; management takes a "What can WE do to support" stance rather than a "cut a man loose" approach.

Great performance is rewarded! If you are a consistent high performer, promotions, raises, bonuses, and access to the President's Club trip is sure to follow. Last year we went to Mexico all-expenses paid!

Cons

Being a growing company, many processes have yet to be put in place. This works well for me because I enjoy the autonomy and being able to establish processes, but some people may find this frustrating.

Training has undergone A LOT of positive changes since I've been here but still has a way to go. A focus on IT lingo and terminology would be helpful.

If you can't take criticism well or if you refuse to have a teachable attitude you will not do well here. Learning ARG's recruiting process and learning IT can take time and a lot of patience for people new to both. If you ignore helpful advice from your team, you will not be successful.

Advice to Management

Implement 360 reviews! This is a great way for ARG employees to hear from their colleagues, direct reports, AND management. Right now we mostly hear from top-down.

Protect the culture you've created and continue to recognize mission-critical talent.

Access and encouragement to seek out professional development opportunities would be nice.

"Finally found my work home"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-managers are there to support and assist on roles
    -questions and concerns are not a burden on management
    -very relaxed environment, t-shirt/jeans Fridays
    -as long as you are putting in the work and hitting your numbers, you will have flexibility in your work day
    -if you aren't hitting your numbers managers are there to support and help you figure out better techniques to hit it
    -we got a new awesome 3 pot coffee maker!
    -moving into a new, upgraded office space in June!!

Cons

-not everyone's cube is near a window
    -the 2 teams are so spread out (although its being fixed in the new office)
    -sometimes we have too many REQs to work one and it can be overwhelming

Advice to Management

we need a new microwave, preferably manufactured in this century

"5/5!! Awesome Management! Great work environment!"

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work hard play hard mentality
    -Great team environment
    -Management is easy to talk to and very caring
    -Passionate group of people who care about doing great/meaningful work
    -Rewarded for hitting your personal numbers and goals (president club trip)
    -Team outings for hitting goals (top golf, main event, Whitley Ball, happy hours, etc)

Cons

-Microwave is really old (1980s), but the new office will have a brand new one!
    -Sometimes the office is cold

""We're a Family that works hard plays hard!""

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Applied for almost two years now. I have grown in extensive areas from technical recruiting, account management, sales and leadership abilities. Management at ARG is unlike any other company you will find. They truly care about your needs and your career goals and help in any way they can to get you there. Your work here is truly valued, along with your opinions and suggestions. ARG takes the time to recognize and reward accomplishments on an individual and company wide basis. We work hard play hard here. Additionally, the open door policy here is great because you get the chance to build a relationship directly with upper management and learn from their experience. No question/problem/solution is ever too minimal, they will always willingly and happily engage with you. The team culture is also one of my favorite parts of the company. The people I work with are not just co-workers but friends and people that I truly care about. I know I will continue to stay with the company for all of these reasons and to continue with the vision that they have for the future. We are growing to a new office space, and are going to continue to blow past our quotas because we have the best team in Atlanta!

Cons

Being a younger company there is more to learn as far as an overall organization such as creating a repeatable process and structure across the board, but I have seen immense improvements from training tools, resources, and leadership. I continue to stay because I believe in the direction we are headed, not only because of our historical success but the efforts that are being done to get us to our future growth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Congrats on being part of the Bulldawg 100 and really creating an environment where your people are dedicated to the success of the company and each other.

9. "So far, so good!"

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work hard, play hard mentality
    -You are given all of the tools you need to be successful
    -Team building events
    -Positive feedback
    -No micromanaging
    -Growth opportunities personally and professionally

Cons

I have been here only a month, so I honestly do not have any cons as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, and keep giving out constant high fives!

10. "Great Atmosphere, Great Team!"

I have been working at Applied Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is not a micromanaged environment, which is fantastic! However, you are able to ask for help at any time, in an effort to remain focused.

This is a place where you truly feel valued, and everyone is on your side!

Despite being a smaller organization, we are given the tools to allows us to have the footprint of a large, enterprise-sized company.

There is a definite work-life balance.

Cons

Some of the training materials could be a little more personalized, and more focused on what's worked for sales reps/recruiters already working there.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your talent, and they will blossom. You've got a sharp bunch of talent working under you, and you're absolutely helping them grow!