Appodeal Reviews | Glassdoor

Appodeal Reviews

4.9
Pavel Golubev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I really enjoy it here..."

Current Employee - Publisher Relations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Publisher Relations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appodeal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here, it's literally a lot of opportunities to grow, learn and earn. The culture of the company is to invest a lot in your knowledge and equip you with the best product.
    I feel we are so much ahead of the industry and we set the trend so others have to follow.
    It's is not an easy job, so I can think and create solutions a lot. It's so much fun.
    The team consists of highly skilled, very motivated and super supportive individuals.
    My favorite is that the informal culture is a lot about to gather together and have fun. But it doesn't stop there, we all like sport and a lot of folks are doing various sports challenges for fun and stay fit.

Cons

The company is young and some processes evolve over time.

Advice to Management

Keep it as it goes now, I love working here.

2. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appodeal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Management and HR do a great job, they hire the right people with good attitude. No office politics kinda thing.
    - International team and multi-cultural environment. You have the possibility to travel domestically or internationally for team syncs and conferences.
    - You get the responsibility you're asking for. What I mean is that this is a young company with flexible processes so it's possible to take care of things that are not in your job description.
    - Generally, really flexible and open-minded company.
    - Great perks and bonus system.

Cons

The cons are linked to the pros:
    - Since it's a young and flexible company things can get a bit messy but management is aware and working on it. They're always asking for feedback and new ideas.
    - Since it's an international company, there are sometimes some communication issues which can be challenging at times.

3. "Excellent work environment for those who love a challenge and autonomy"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Appodeal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Being a part of a team that is truly shaking up the industry
    -Working at a company that values innovation
    -Having a flexible schedule
    -Being able to work independently while still collaborating with others
    -Challenging environment: you're expected to give your best
    -Effective leadership

Cons

If you like to have things handed to you and aren't willing to go the extra mile, you won't like working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work & continue to prioritize transparency

"Love it"

I have been working at Appodeal full-time

Pros

One of the best jobs I've ever had, lots of transparency, lots of potential for growth, great benefits, and awesome colleagues. I never stop learning things here, which is great, because the job never gets boring. Super exciting, as the product is super strong and about to explode, so you're always on the edge of your seat.

Cons

Super fast-paced, so if you can't deal with that type of work environment, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Your people are happy. The team feels like family. Don't let rapid growth interfere with transparency.

5. "An exceptional workforce"

Current Employee - Publisher Success in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Publisher Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appodeal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open to input, team spirited, flexibility, functional workforce, get it done attitudes, values employees.

Cons

Location for optimal, as is all of SOMA but the office has to be somewhere and no location is perfect for everyone.

"Couldn't Be Much Happier"

Current Employee - Sales/Business Development in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales/Business Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at Appodeal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a sales professional, prior to Appodeal, I had worked for some of the top public Internet companies, followed by a brief 18 month stint at a small mobile app startup. My experience with this company (prior to Appodeal) was subpar, to say the least. Upper management cared only about money, megalomaniacs unable to listen to the advice of their team, pushing out faulty products, and ripping customers off. I was considering going back to the larger, more established corporations after this experience until I found Appodeal. I took a chance, and I can say that I have no regrets, and I am so happy to be part of the team.

What sold me from day one, and what I feel separates us from a lot of companies are:

1) Great people - Upper management comprised of truly wonderful, caring individuals that would give you the shirt off their back without hesitation. They've won me over and I would do anything for them as well, no questions asked.

2) Emphasis on the product and customer success - from top management down, our focus is on the product first, making money second (and it is paying off.) Given my past experience, this is the kind of focus that builds great companies, and pays serious dividends down the road. It was really the main reason I jumped on board to begin with. If you focus on the product and customer with the goal of perfecting that one core initiative, you will win. Additionally, from a sales perspective, there's nothing better than having your entire portfolio consist of satisfied clients.

3) Company direction - While I have been in the digital advertising/marketing space for about 8 years, less than 2 had been in mobile, so I was still building my mobile knowledge base initially when I started at Appodeal. It took me a while to fully understand the direction of the company, and after a few conversations with our CEO, the company roadmap became much clearer. The business model has been very well thought out with no gaps or high risk associated, it is a win-win situation - there's a simple step by step process and associated timelines with the growth and development of the company.

4) Financial - fair and equitable compensation. They're not afraid to spend money, but they don't waste money on extravagant, extraneous expenses. I've always felt well compensated and taken care of. If you need a new laptop, or anything at all, no questions asked. Full expenses covered on business trips and conferences. If you need a vacation, maybe we'll even pay for it :). The point is, our management has always gone out of their way to make sure that I'm/we are happy.

5) Flexibility - We have a fair amount of remote workers across the US, Europe, and are headquartered in San Fran. This means that people have to be somewhat autonomous, and there is less direct oversight on certain employees outside of the corporate office. As long as you're getting your work done, you don't have to be at your desk all day.

Despite the fact that we are a young company, and that we of course can improve on many things, the points that I have highlighted make for a rare combination that I think most people would agree with.

Cons

Not too much for the negatives, but I can and should list some to be transparent.

-Since we are truly obsessed with product and customer success, sometimes we tend to try and take on challenges internally that could be better managed by a third party vendor to be more efficient.

-Everyone works really hard, and sometimes we can all get tunnel vision. It's important to take a step back every once in a while and relax a bit.

Advice to Management

Keep truckin, we're doing good. Maybe take a long weekend though :)

"Founder & CEO"

Current Employee - Founder & Chief Executive Officer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Founder & Chief Executive Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appodeal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gifted and experienced team. I learn a lot from my teammates every day and I am extremely thankful for that.
    Together we are building the fastest growing ad-tech company.
    You get to know different cultures a lot as it's a mixture of international talents at Appodeal.

Cons

You are expected to be really smart and talented to become a part of Appodeal team. You also have to go through the initiation process at banya.

Advice to Management

You are smart. Don't spend too much time discussing matters. Do it. You are true professional, why would you need second opinion to implement what you already know should be implemented.

Let's keep the pace of growth and flexibility of the company.

Don't be afraid to recognize invalid decision that has been made and make a step back.

"Awesome opportunity"

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

Pros

fast-paced environment that enables you to learn quickly and be flexible

Cons

employees are all around the world so you never truly away from office

Advice to Management

focus on biggest market

"Great company to work at!"

Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appodeal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Flexible schedule - you can work as much or as little as long as your job gets done. It is all in your hands, you are your own boss.

2. Great office location - the company is working out of a co-working space in downtown San Francisco. Stacked kitchen, great people, friendly atmosphere.

3. Office culture - people are treated with respect and always get encouraged and rewarded for good work.

4. Leadership - the founder is a highly motivational leader, who is always ready to help, with tons of resources.

Cons

Startup challenges - there is always a lot of work in startups, and you end up wearing many hats. However, this is also a teaching opportunity, as you always grow and find yourself better than you were before you started.
    Because the company is young, there is not a big compensation, but plenty of opportunities to get rewarded in the future.

Advice to Management

Thank you for always making sure that employees rest and don't get burnt out.

The company is young, and thus there is always a lot of work to do, but the management makes sure you have all the help you need and the rest you need.

10. "Great company to start with"

Former Employee - PR Manager in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - PR Manager in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Appodeal (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, challenging but interesting environment

Cons

Startup atmosphere, occasional mismanagement, lack of feedback