Apptical Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Rewarding Opportunity"

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Apptical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Apptical is literally changing the way people sell and buy insurance, so it's such an interesting place to work. Ideas are encouraged and welcome, and a true creative visionary leads the organization. I loved working here, and would recommend it to anyone seeking to be involved with insurance product creation, sales, and distribution.

Cons

You absolutely must be able to work independently and solve problems on your own. You will work from your home office and therefore must be self disciplined and self driven.

Advice to Management

Get your team together, face-to-face, at least once a year.

2. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Hamilton, OH
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Hamilton, OH

Pros

Work at home. Easy and user friendly computer/phone work. Very helpful and caring management and co-workers. Steady pay check.

Cons

No background noise aloud while your working.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

3. "Best Job I've Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Apptical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, steady paycheck, no sales or cold calling! Amazing Management team! Supervisors are always there to help. Opportunity for growth!

Cons

Can be a bit monotonous for people who don't like repetitive work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Apptical - Wonderful Work From Home Company"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Apptical part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Apptical is a great choice for a work from home company. The benefits of working from home especially with Apptical are numerous... no commute, decent pay, no sales or cold calling, supervisors are always easily available and helpful, constant contact/support available with coworkers, great team mentality. In addition there is available continuous training and information updates to increase/stay up to date with customer service skills needed to successfully care for clients. It has truly been a pleasure and blessing to work for this company, I recommend it to everyone I know who is looking for a reliable, trustworthy, stable work from home company.

Cons

Can be repetitive/routine, same types of calls yet no call is the exactly the same. You are at home, so you don't get the personal interactions one would in an office environment. It is a fair but firm company...you are expected not to punch in late or out early, and to cover your shifts if needing to be off (with prior supervisor approval).

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue providing the great support and creating a "everyone is needed and vital part of the team" environment that causes employees to be excited/passionate about coming to work every day at Apptical. To continue to offer updated training so that employees can continue to offer even greater levels of service to the clients. To continue to listen to and show appreciation of employees as you already do through weekly calls, monthly newsletters, emails and quarterly team meetings.

5. "Excellent company!"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Apptical part-time

Pros

I have been working at home for Apptical since 2008. It's a professional & friendly place to work. Management truly cares about their employees & are eager to help them succeed, always there to answer questions & assistance. They appreciate their employees & express it often.

Cons

VERY rare encounters with people w\ho are not nice, but that happens with any job dealing with the public..

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job!

6. "Telephone Interviewer"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Apptical full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Have been with the company for almost 10 years. I received great training, It is also such a pleasure working from home which cuts on expenses- no commuting costs, a career wardrobe is not necessary, no weather issues. There is no selling involved, so very little stress with the job. Supervisors are always available if you have questions.

Cons

The main con I can see is if you are a person who desires daily interaction with others, this may not be a position for you.......as you are working alone from your home.

7. "Home based work/ Insurance Interviews"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apptical part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

So great to work out of my home in PJ's and working for a company that will work with you on schedules. I only work part time which is perfect for me but they also offer full time as well. I have been working at this company for going on 6 years now....that should show that I like this job enough to have stayed and I don't see me leaving any time soon. Also, a lot of nice people working here and it's small so you get to know a few as friends even if you work remotely.

Cons

There are only a couple things I can think of..the biggie that everyone lists...a RAISE...as I mentioned before I am going on 6 years and I have gotten a .10 raise in all that time. Next, maybe lighten up about the 10 days off a year, if I am sick I am not trying to go out dancing, I really am sick, I am sorry. Problem is if I have used my 10 days (unpaid) days off, I am in trouble.

Advice to Management

Stop telling us you "appreciate us" at all the meetings and actually do it by giving us a raise!

8. "Setting the standard for work at home."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Apptical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for many 'work at home' opportunities. This is one of the few that are legitimate and even fewer that pay benefits, comply with labor and tax laws and where you are an actual employee, not an independent contractor. You are part of a team atmosphere and like a relay team member must always be ready to pick up the baton, running your part as the individual bringing reward to the team. You will be trained on a continuous basis. Quarterly staff meetings keep everyone informed and management is very communicative and inclusive.

Cons

Heavy call times can get intense. Calls are legal recordings - as a result, sometimes affidavits are required. Technology based job. Strong bandwidth, reliable high-speed internet connection and reliable computer equipment / telephone lines required.

Advice to Management

At some time in the future, the company might consider a phone allowance for employees as a dedicated phone line is required. In some US regions, cities such as mine, it actually costs more for the requirements since the phone company considers it a luxury line and out of the ordinary. (They can't bundle other services so in their business mind-set they are losing money and must make up the cost loss). Employees absorbing the line cost overall saves Apptical overhead cost on infrastructure. Even if that were just a small allowance towards that cost, it would go a long way.

9. "Really Great Work at Home Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Telehone Interviewer in Spring Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Telehone Interviewer in Spring Hill, FL

I have been working at Apptical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Company Great managment team, You get to work with very positive people ( agents) who genuinely love what they do. Interesting work, every call is like an adventure!

Cons

Quiet times between calls at times, especially during holidays.

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Working from home, earning a pretty good amount of money and full time shift

Cons

Not very flexible, reading a script over and over for 8 hours. Dealing with anxious customers who dont want to answer the questions so its like pulling teeth.