Cover image for Apptio

83% Recommend to a Friend
93% Approve of CEO

Found 443 of over 472 reviews

4.2
Apptio CEO and Co-Founder Sunny Gupta (no image)
Sunny Gupta

What people are saying about Apptio

Join the conversation on

Tech

469.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Apptio~278513
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Apptio and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work life balance while progressing in your career

Nov 16, 2022 - Marketing Development Representative in Morrisville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Apptio encourages you to prioritize your development, mental health and provides all the resources you need. The people are great to work with and you always feel welcomed even when you work in such a competitive industry.

Cons

I can't speak to any Cons since I have only had a great experience so far.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

High Turnover, Does Not Value Emoloyees

Sep 15, 2022 - Customer Success Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, travel if you like that

Cons

Apptio fires a lot of high value employees for no reason. No warning. No training. People just drop like flies all around you, because they are shifting the organization. The turnover is extremely high. Entire teams left the company, all the high performers left. Apptio does not value employees, does not invest in employees, and treats them so poorly morale is the worst I’ve seen in any company. The product they sell is too complex and customers do not get value the sales people promise.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Apptio team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Apptio work

Nov 29, 2022 - Enterprise Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product and market to expand

Cons

the organization is all over the place

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Revenue Accountant

Nov 22, 2022 - Revenue Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working Remotely, Health Benefits free, matching 401k

Cons

Lack of growth and promotion. Lack of communication between management and team

6. 5.0

Great work life balance

Oct 26, 2022 - Associate Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote or hybrid Pay Work life balance

Cons

A lot of information to learn

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They're doing it right, growing and leading the market

Jul 15, 2022 - Strategic Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sellers have a strong supporting team from customer success pre-sales engineers, sales ops, biz dev, and services. Everyone leans in to drive successful outcomes Senior Leadership / Executives are very dialed into the business, the accounts, and are proactive with sales reps to drive executive alignment. This is important, focused and well organized. Great comp, market leadership, top notch RVP's. SLT is approachable, very willing to get involved with business activities.

Cons

none from my point of view

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s been great

Sep 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Flexible work arrangements - Benefits

Cons

- Can be fast paced environment (this isn’t that bad)

9. 4.0

Pretty good company

Oct 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, upper management is very transparent

Cons

Working a lot of hours right now which I’m not enjoying so much. Hasn’t seemed to slow down since I started

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Talented Employees & Unparalleled Company Culture

Nov 10, 2021 - Senior Marketing Programs Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was hired as an Event Recruiting Specialist out of the Morrisville, NC office in early 2020 - just as the pandemic forced most of the country into lockdown. Apptio rose to the unprecedented challenge of converting their 1,000+ US employees to remote work, including their newest hires. I was sent everything I needed to begin my new role and was provided incredible support from the marketing and human resources teams. The virtual onboarding process was smooth and efficient, and I was immediately connected to my new team and included in emails and meetings. Shortly after starting at Apptio, the in-person events that I was hired to support pivoted to virtual. Rather than dispensing with my role, leaders in the marketing organization found additional projects for me to work on and created an entirely new position for me. My responsibilities have evolved tremendously over the past 2 years. Management has been transparent and collaborative every step of the way, encouraging me to communicate my career goals and providing avenues for advancement. Apptio employees are talented, hard-working, inclusive, collaborative, and professional. These are not empty buzzwords here. We are truly a diverse family committed to doing our best, consistently improving, and delivering results every single day. Leadership is supportive, transparent, and inspires each Apptian to develop their skills and explore opportunities for growth - they invest in their employees. This has been my honest experience working for Apptio. I cannot recommend this company highly enough.

Cons

Some teams in the Marketing department are understaffed.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0

Great company and culture

Aug 4, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoy working with all the consultants. Company culture is great, management is extremely supportive of career growth.

Cons

High turnover (customers poaching), leads to more work on remaining consultants

Viewing 1 - 10 of 443 Reviews
</>Embed

Apptio Reviews FAQs

Apptio has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 472 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Apptio to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Apptio employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Apptio. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

83% of Apptio employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Apptio 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Apptio to be senior leadership, benefits, culture and the cons to be work life balance, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Apptio Job Seekers