Apptio Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
77% would recommend to a friend
(58 total reviews)
91% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Apptio
Got a burning question about Apptio? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Apptio employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "3) Incompetent Management" (in 20 reviews)
- "Too many micro managers" (in 12 reviews)
- "After multiple years at the company being told that a certain professional development training and career path was 'right around the corner' it was pretty clear it was never going to happen." (in 7 reviews)
- "No training." (in 6 reviews)
- "Long hours in serving a high" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Apptio and is not affected by filters.
Found 58 of over 540 reviews
Updated Nov 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Nov 18, 2021Instructional DesignerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Apptio is filled with great people that are impressive at their jobs. Work life balance is encouraged and the company has been very sensitive to employee perspectives in implementing pandemic-related policies.
The company has grown a lot in the last few years. This is great, but has also created some growing pains as the company adapts to a new structure.
- 4.0Nov 23, 2018Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBellevue, WA
Worked at Apptio for 2 years Pay: It is according to market rate in Seattle/Bellevue area and if you are good at what you do, then you can easily make much more. Free parking Technology: Apptio is a pure technology company, engineers would like working here. They are not afraid to try new things and keep themselves updated with the latest technology trends. People: I think it has some of the best engineers of the industry. They are genuinely working to take Apptio to the next level. The work culture is very good, people don't interfere in your work, you are given the freedom and the opportunities to progress in your career. People are fast in what they do and provide help if needed, and everyone from an intern to principle developers are expected to produce results and if you are not performing you are fired. I think this is the reason Apptio is one of the few companies where the performance bar is very high and they have maintained that over the years. Coming to work everyday is a pleasure and you know you will be learning something new and work on interesting problems Work Balance: It is not a place if you want to take it easy. Work life balance will suffer (not sure if thats the case for all departments/teams). Overall: A great place to work, extremely intelligent and hard working people.
As with any company, some teams just are not performing and have below average engineers. No 401k2
- 5.0Jul 27, 2021Order Management SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Interesting and interactive interview process - Well prepared onboarding documentation - Amazing and forthcoming colleagues - Great work / life balance
I still don't have any cons at this point being with the company for less then a year.
- 4.0Nov 18, 2021Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
1.people are supportive. 2. They focus on employee growth 3 . Work life balance is great
1. There are few managers who try to create extra pressure on developers and keep poking them about the status of work.
- 5.0Jul 1, 2022SDE1 EntryCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
The company work culture is good Very flexible timing Very good work life balance
Nothing as of now will update it later.