Apptricity Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Timothy D Garcia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • None, all the good people have left (in 6 reviews)

• I've seen some investment in new technologies and development that's promising (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Ask to speak to current employees and search for former employees on LinkedIn, reach out to them before making a decision (in 4 reviews)

• all the egos have been let go, just look at there negative reviews, now imagine having to work with people like that (in 4 reviews)

1. "United Focus of an entire team"

Current Employee - Expense and Spend Management Lead
    Current Employee - Expense and Spend Management Lead

I have been working at Apptricity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tremendous focus on customer success and support. The great thing about this is that these are not just marketing words but the "practice" of an entire organization. Fantastic enterprise solutions that can be configured for all types of organizations. If you need help it is as easy as picking up the phone, from the CEO to any of my colleagues.

Cons

Every company has some but for me the good far outweighs everything.

Advice to Management

Keep the passion going because it is infectious!

"Don't Work Here"

Current Employee - Developer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Apptricity Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing here to be proud of.

Cons

If you quit don't give notice. Don't tell them where you are going. Don't put it on LinkedIn or anything.

Advice to Management

This company will not function until Tim and Ralph quit.

"Can it be that bad? Yes, it can!"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apptricity Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great people work at this company and because it's small, exposure and the ability to try new things is more possible than what you would be able to do at a large company. I rate career opportunities a 4-star because if you can stick around longer than 6 months, it's likely the people above you will fall by the wayside and you'll be "promoted."

Cons

The CEO is a driver of goals, which would normally be positive, except that he is unable to execute without bestowing extensive mental anguish to all. The bad reviews can't begin to capture what it is really like. The result of the drama is a revolving door with employees fired or fed up, making it challenging for those who stay.

Advice to Management

The problem has been common knowledge for many years and because of the company's financial structure, it won't be solved.

"No matter how much they claim they are going to change, they never will"

I worked at Apptricity Inc. full-time

Pros

Nice view of Irving from 7th and 9th floor offices, paid on-time

Cons

Hostile work environment, CEO regularly yells at people in their faces, old management unable to adapt to modern technology, no long-term plan or vision, always looking for someone to blame for their failures, no opportunity for promotion, smartest employees have left, under market salaries and benefits

Advice to Management

Retire. This company has been mismanaged for more than a decade.

5. "Developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Apptricity Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here less than a year and I like it so far. My team lead is cool and our new vice-president is bringing structure to our group (finally!). We've been going through a lot of changes lately but nothing terrible. Pay is a little low, benefits are okay but are supposed to get better later this year. No big complaints from a newer employee.

Cons

I haven't experienced any of the issues that people complain about on this site so I can't speak to them. For us new employees though it is tiring to hear the long time employees constantly complaining about how they hate their job. If its that bad why are you still here?

Advice to Management

New staff are looking to you to move us forward. Keep up the momentum and get rid of the people who aren't doing their jobs....they're holding the rest of us back.

"Worst ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Apptricity Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some lasting friendships, despite the awful conditions. It is centrally located just off the 114.

Cons

No one stands up to the owner and other executives. They scream and curse and throw things. They lie and undercut the efforts of employees.

Advice to Management

Nope. They wouldn't listen, I tried.

"You have to laugh a the negative reviews, ........."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Apptricity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just read the press releases! The talent level has increased dramatically. New technology platforms being deployed

Cons

all the egos have been let go, just look at there negative reviews, now imagine having to work with people like that. we are all they re gone and wish them the best in their career

Advice to Management

keep the information flow going and make sure you reward those who go above and beyond, not like the old leadership on the 7 floor who only rewarded those who kissed up to them

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Apptricity Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

None, all the good people have left

Cons

All the problems start at the top, with the CEO, Tim. No getting away from the craziness in that place. Still operates like a startup. Not able to grow with the CEO around.

Advice to Management

Sell the company, if you can

"Couldn't be a worse environment."

I have been working at Apptricity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are good people that work here, it's unfortunate that they will be broken at some point.

Cons

The most recent review is about as accurate as you can get. There was a wonderful architect here for a while, but Tim, the CEO, ran him off over time. What we're left with now is direct interaction between executives and developers, and plans for development change and change back weekly. Developers are blamed every step of the way. This is the most toxic environment I've ever worked in. I've actually told people desperate for a job as a newer dev to stay away, because this place will make you not want to continue this career path. Apptricity is a spirit stealer.

Advice to Management

You're on a sinking ship. Please, make some changes before it's too late.

"Great employees"

Pros

The employees at the company really care and want to make a difference, but they are all frustrated at the lack of leadership from the top executives. The company can't seem to find a direction to take and stick to it - they change direction like the wind changes direction. Decent benefits package if you don't have to carry any dependents - dependent coverage is very expensive.

Cons

Corporate culture is very negative. Most employees don't stay more than 1 - 2 years and then are off to something different.