Appway Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Super Dynamic Organization"

Current Employee - Office Manager/Human Resources in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager/Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Appway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As someone that has worked for the New York office since the beginning, I can not say enough great things about this organization. From the culture down to the staff (globally), Appway is a class act. Never have I seen such passion, camaraderie and team work. It is a pleasure to be surrounded by such an amazing team!

Cons

Since we are still so new in New York, our notoriety is not quite out there, yet. BUT we are getting there.

Jul 23, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - we are happy to see that the feeling of camaraderie is spread globally and couldn't be happier to have you onboard!

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Appway full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance, that’ it

Cons

-Poor management policy
    -Extremely low wages
    -Higher management has no idea about the company as they are busy watching sports and doing Internal politics

Advice to Management

-Make sure you are listening to your employees instead of blindly forcing your decisions on them

"Solution Architect"

I worked at Appway full-time

Pros

Good groupe of people to work with. Favours people with international experience. Well run locale offices

Cons

CEO is a very charismatic but a terrible business leader.

Advice to Management

Grow up

"Like watching the Titanic go down"

I worked at Appway full-time

Pros

Friendly team. Good group of folks, for the most part.

Cons

Horrible management. No one knows what they are doing or what is going on, right down to the CEO. Very little to no communication. No one really cares to know what your thoughts or concerns are.

Advice to Management

Take more (some) stock in your employees. They should know that they matter in some capacity.

Jun 7, 2018 – Head of People and Places

Hello,
    Sharing by default is at the core of our company. Regular all-employee meetings, department meetings as well as product and project updates ensure a global sharing of successes and... More

"Extremely horrible"

I have been working at Appway full-time

Pros

Nothing as of now except the CEO

Cons

- Extremely poor wages even with good turnover
    - All of good senior management recently quit after being treated badly
    - Constantly changing management
    - New management trying to treat the employees as "school students"
    - Trying to force unnecessary policies on the employees
    - Current new management in NY is forcing their decision on employees

Advice to Management

- Stop "controlling" employees by forcing your decisions on them
    - They have been working way before you joined the team so respect their opinion
    - No need to come to the office "every single day" if we are doing what's required.
    - Don't take the flexibility from us to work from home

Dec 19, 2017 – Head of People and Places

Dear Appbird,
    Thank you for your feedback and for raising your concerns. We would like to hear them from you directly so, please don’t hesitate to approach People Operations or the Head of your... More

"Horrible place"

I worked at Appway full-time

Pros

good life/work balance, that's it, nothing else.

Cons

Don't believe the positive reviews, Extremely high turnover, can't keep employees, out of touch management. Company having financial difficulties, may close the NY office.

Feb 13, 2018 – Head of People and Places

Hello,
    We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience while working with us. However, contrary to your review, we’ve recently completely renovated our entire New York City office and continue to... More

"First rate organization with great people"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Appway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appway has developed a great BPM tool set and have achieved some very impressive wins in their space. The people I met with are capable, talented and interesting. My interaction with them during the interview process was a big factor in joining this company. At each stage during interviewing they were courteous, professional and punctual . I also met with the CEO and realized that this overall positive environment comes from him down to the rest of the company.

Cons

We are still a relatively small company so it is difficult at times when it comes to name recognition and attracting new hires but this is changing as Appway is growing daily.

Advice to Management

Too new to offer advice at this point.

Jul 23, 2014 – HR Manager

Very well said and thank you for taking the time to post this review. As we have continued to grow globally, it has been great to see the spurt in amazing candidates looking to join us - and this is... More

"Growth Incubator"

I have been working at Appway (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing oportunity for mentorship and growth
    - liberty to pursue own path within the company
    - great team of co workers, always very supportive

Cons

- some communication issues cross-borders

Jul 1, 2014 – HR Manager

We are happy to hear that you are optimistic about the outlook of Appway, we certainly aim to continue growing as a company and above all, as a team!

Thank you for your feedback with regards to... More

"Turmoil period"

I have been working at Appway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home
    Flexitime
    Interesting projects
    Team is very nice and competent

Cons

High turnover
    Middle management capabilities
    Lack of opportunities
    Lack of visibility

"A fairly acceptable company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chiasso (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chiasso (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in this company for a while and I've seen people joining and leaving. Some of the leavers were a big loss (but hey, a company is not forever, like a wife), others weren't. Actually, those that quit quickly or were fired probably are responsible for all the amenities that you can read here about Appway (i.e. all the 1 star reviews). What else do you expect from someone that has been fired or that moved to another company after 6 months because discovered that he was supposed to do mainly bugfixes?
    Also, everyone writes reviews as software engineer. But hey, there are more reviews than developers. There's something strange here :)

The funny thing is that most of the leavers were also not hard workers. You work hard the whole day, arrive early in the office, do overtime, but then you also have to hear from someone that spend most of his time smoking and drinking coffee that everything is bad. Please, in this case consider a long vacation, moving to another working area (e.g. agricolture) or taking a psychologist.

I think that the job is much better than most of the jobs you can land in Italy and Ticino. The worktime is flexible, the office is amazing, if you pay there is a parking area (not so cheap), you have a kitchen and daily fruit and coffee.

I also have seen how people tried to solve some situations which caused people to be unhappy (not always succeeding).

The product is evolving and you do not have to do only bugfixes: we release a main release a year, something has to be done.

Cons

This stated, not everything is perfect. The code must be improved and the technologies we use must be updated with a severe urgency. Not everyone in the management sees this as a priority and just thing about cool thing we should do for the future. You can't transform a droid in the Death Star just by writing it into the 2020 plan. Change requires people and investment. Doesn't come for free.

Rewarding is not working at all and it is not related to the contribution of the person to the assigned goals.

Advice to Management

Ain't true that people are all the same. Consider cross department reviews. We have people that are pillars in the company and should be rewarded for this.
    Stay far away from any yes man: there are too many and they are too close to the CEO.