Appway Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2021

Found 47 of over 49 reviews

4.0
Appway CEO, Founder Hanspeter Wolf (no image)
Hanspeter Wolf
  1. 5.0

Small Company - Great Culture

Mar 18, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best onboarding process I’ve experienced, perhaps a bit too long and too involved … but a vast improvement to the “here’s your computer” onboarding orientations I generally receive. NOT a start-up! The company has a small, successful niche in the FI software space and is considered a leader. Company knows where it’s been and has a clear plan for where it’s going … and that plan doesn’t change daily. True work-life balance. It’s not just talk here. The concern for your personal life comes from the top. Great culture. Truly collaborative. Everyone happy to answer a question or offer to help. A lot of internal promotions, but still new blood is also welcome.

Cons

Too many re-orgs that cause confusion. The company is small and has a flat hierarchy so re-orgs seem a bit unnecessary.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People and Places

Thanks for your feedback and insights. It's great seeing you experienced a great onboarding process.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, middling experience overall

Apr 29, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll be hard-pressed to find nicer or more hardworking co-workers than the people over there. I was with the company for two years and can't speak more highly about the talented people who work (and worked) there.

Cons

The constant change in strategy and overall direction of the company has left a lot of lasting negative effects. Poor execution in establishing career growth for individuals, and you definitely feel the disjointedness between offices (especially NY vs Zurich).

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of People and Places

Thank you for the feedback which we highly appreciate. We are working hard on a 'career framework' which is being implemented later this year and which provides transparency on potential career growth opportunities we have.

3. 1.0

Horrible

Mar 12, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work life balance, that’ it

Cons

-Poor management policy -Extremely low wages -Higher management has no idea about the company as they are busy watching sports and doing Internal politics

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Super Dynamic Organization

Jul 7, 2014 - Office Manager/Human Resources in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

As someone that has worked for the New York office since the beginning, I can not say enough great things about this organization. From the culture down to the staff (globally), Appway is a class act. Never have I seen such passion, camaraderie and team work. It is a pleasure to be surrounded by such an amazing team!

Cons

Since we are still so new in New York, our notoriety is not quite out there, yet. BUT we are getting there.

14 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - we are happy to see that the feeling of camaraderie is spread globally and couldn't be happier to have you onboard!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

First rate organization with great people

Jul 2, 2014 - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Appway has developed a great BPM tool set and have achieved some very impressive wins in their space. The people I met with are capable, talented and interesting. My interaction with them during the interview process was a big factor in joining this company. At each stage during interviewing they were courteous, professional and punctual . I also met with the CEO and realized that this overall positive environment comes from him down to the rest of the company.

Cons

We are still a relatively small company so it is difficult at times when it comes to name recognition and attracting new hires but this is changing as Appway is growing daily.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Very well said and thank you for taking the time to post this review. As we have continued to grow globally, it has been great to see the spurt in amazing candidates looking to join us - and this is just the beginning.

6. 5.0

Growth Incubator

Feb 26, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing oportunity for mentorship and growth - liberty to pursue own path within the company - great team of co workers, always very supportive

Cons

- some communication issues cross-borders

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

We are happy to hear that you are optimistic about the outlook of Appway, we certainly aim to continue growing as a company and above all, as a team! Thank you for your feedback with regards to communication issues cross-borders as well. We are working on these and initiating several team and project based forums for enhanced communication across our various continents - stay posted!

7. 1.0
    Current Employee

Extremely horrible

Dec 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing as of now except the CEO

Cons

- Extremely poor wages even with good turnover - All of good senior management recently quit after being treated badly - Constantly changing management - New management trying to treat the employees as "school students" - Trying to force unnecessary policies on the employees - Current new management in NY is forcing their decision on employees

21 people found this review helpful

Head of People and Places

Dear Appbird, Thank you for your feedback and for raising your concerns. We would like to hear them from you directly so, please don’t hesitate to approach People Operations or the Head of your Department. At times we can all feel like we're not heard, and although we try to keep everyone happy, we are not able to guarantee it. We do, never-the-less, want everyone to understand why individual decisions have been made, and want you to know that our door is always open.

8. 3.0

Solution Architect

Jun 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good groupe of people to work with. Favours people with international experience. Well run locale offices

Cons

CEO is a very charismatic but a terrible business leader.

9 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Like watching the Titanic go down

Jun 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team. Good group of folks, for the most part.

Cons

Horrible management. No one knows what they are doing or what is going on, right down to the CEO. Very little to no communication. No one really cares to know what your thoughts or concerns are.

Head of People and Places

Hello, Sharing by default is at the core of our company. Regular all-employee meetings, department meetings as well as product and project updates ensure a global sharing of successes and challenges of Appway. A good number of the most recent initiatives and changes to the organization were driven bottom up, and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel heard. Thank you for sharing your opinion. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

10. 1.0

Horrible place

Dec 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good life/work balance, that's it, nothing else.

Cons

Don't believe the positive reviews, Extremely high turnover, can't keep employees, out of touch management. Company having financial difficulties, may close the NY office.

Head of People and Places

Hello, We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience while working with us. However, contrary to your review, we’ve recently completely renovated our entire New York City office and continue to invest in the team by adding new openings. We strongly believe in providing our employees the chance to advance within the company to leadership roles, and with that can come some growing pains too. We are far from shutting this office down, but can appreciate you voicing your concern and wish you the best in your next role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews