KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Appway Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2022

Found 52 of over 56 reviews

4.3
Appway CEO, Founder Hanspeter Wolf (no image)
Hanspeter Wolf

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people(in 8 reviews)
  • "great culture(in 5 reviews)
  • "Dynamic environment, social and cooperative team mates all over the world, international business (asia, europe and US).(in 5 reviews)
  • "colleagues always available for helping(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "They are learning how to deal with it while the company is growing and sometimes the decisions that are taken has to be revisited multiple times, making it hard for the employees to trust the management completely (especially in contrast with the extremely high quality of the lower level resources).(in 4 reviews)
  • "Extremely low wages(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best work life balance environment

Dec 19, 2021 - Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Balanced work life culture Easy going team members meaningful projects to work on

Cons

Limited growth opportunities in some roles

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Small Company - Great Culture

Mar 18, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best onboarding process I’ve experienced, perhaps a bit too long and too involved … but a vast improvement to the “here’s your computer” onboarding orientations I generally receive. NOT a start-up! The company has a small, successful niche in the FI software space and is considered a leader. Company knows where it’s been and has a clear plan for where it’s going … and that plan doesn’t change daily. True work-life balance. It’s not just talk here. The concern for your personal life comes from the top. Great culture. Truly collaborative. Everyone happy to answer a question or offer to help. A lot of internal promotions, but still new blood is also welcome.

Cons

Too many re-orgs that cause confusion. The company is small and has a flat hierarchy so re-orgs seem a bit unnecessary.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People and Places

Thanks for your feedback and insights. It's great seeing you experienced a great onboarding process.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, middling experience overall

Apr 29, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll be hard-pressed to find nicer or more hardworking co-workers than the people over there. I was with the company for two years and can't speak more highly about the talented people who work (and worked) there.

Cons

The constant change in strategy and overall direction of the company has left a lot of lasting negative effects. Poor execution in establishing career growth for individuals, and you definitely feel the disjointedness between offices (especially NY vs Zurich).

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People and Places

Thank you for the feedback which we highly appreciate. We are working hard on a 'career framework' which is being implemented later this year and which provides transparency on potential career growth opportunities we have.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Super Dynamic Organization

Jul 7, 2014 - Office Manager/Human Resources in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

As someone that has worked for the New York office since the beginning, I can not say enough great things about this organization. From the culture down to the staff (globally), Appway is a class act. Never have I seen such passion, camaraderie and team work. It is a pleasure to be surrounded by such an amazing team!

Cons

Since we are still so new in New York, our notoriety is not quite out there, yet. BUT we are getting there.

14 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - we are happy to see that the feeling of camaraderie is spread globally and couldn't be happier to have you onboard!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

First rate organization with great people

Jul 2, 2014 - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Appway has developed a great BPM tool set and have achieved some very impressive wins in their space. The people I met with are capable, talented and interesting. My interaction with them during the interview process was a big factor in joining this company. At each stage during interviewing they were courteous, professional and punctual . I also met with the CEO and realized that this overall positive environment comes from him down to the rest of the company.

Cons

We are still a relatively small company so it is difficult at times when it comes to name recognition and attracting new hires but this is changing as Appway is growing daily.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Very well said and thank you for taking the time to post this review. As we have continued to grow globally, it has been great to see the spurt in amazing candidates looking to join us - and this is just the beginning.

6. 5.0

Growth Incubator

Feb 26, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing oportunity for mentorship and growth - liberty to pursue own path within the company - great team of co workers, always very supportive

Cons

- some communication issues cross-borders

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

We are happy to hear that you are optimistic about the outlook of Appway, we certainly aim to continue growing as a company and above all, as a team! Thank you for your feedback with regards to communication issues cross-borders as well. We are working on these and initiating several team and project based forums for enhanced communication across our various continents - stay posted!

7. 1.0
    Current Employee

Extremely horrible

Dec 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing as of now except the CEO

Cons

- Extremely poor wages even with good turnover - All of good senior management recently quit after being treated badly - Constantly changing management - New management trying to treat the employees as "school students" - Trying to force unnecessary policies on the employees - Current new management in NY is forcing their decision on employees

22 people found this review helpful

Head of People and Places

Dear Appbird, Thank you for your feedback and for raising your concerns. We would like to hear them from you directly so, please don’t hesitate to approach People Operations or the Head of your Department. At times we can all feel like we're not heard, and although we try to keep everyone happy, we are not able to guarantee it. We do, never-the-less, want everyone to understand why individual decisions have been made, and want you to know that our door is always open.

8. 3.0

Solution Architect

Jun 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good groupe of people to work with. Favours people with international experience. Well run locale offices

Cons

CEO is a very charismatic but a terrible business leader.

10 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Like watching the Titanic go down

Jun 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team. Good group of folks, for the most part.

Cons

Horrible management. No one knows what they are doing or what is going on, right down to the CEO. Very little to no communication. No one really cares to know what your thoughts or concerns are.

16 people found this review helpful

Head of People and Places

Hello, Sharing by default is at the core of our company. Regular all-employee meetings, department meetings as well as product and project updates ensure a global sharing of successes and challenges of Appway. A good number of the most recent initiatives and changes to the organization were driven bottom up, and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel heard. Thank you for sharing your opinion. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

10. 1.0

Horrible

Mar 12, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work life balance, that’ it

Cons

-Poor management policy -Extremely low wages -Higher management has no idea about the company as they are busy watching sports and doing Internal politics

16 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews

Appway Reviews FAQs

Appway has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 56 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Appway to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Appway employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Appway. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

78% of Appway employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Appway 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Appway to be senior leadership, culture, coworkers and the cons to be compensation, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Appway Job Seekers