Apria Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Dan Starck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Love getting to work from home, other employees are knowledgeable & fun to work with (in 19 reviews)

• Good pay, your first check will be mailed (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad customer service you need to work around if you are a good rep (in 67 reviews)

• terrible upper management; they do not know what they are doing (in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Lots of opportunity, if you seek it"

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's never boring at Apria Healthcare - there is always something new and different happening, and you can really expand your skills and knowledge. We do meaningful work here, so I feel great knowing we're improving the quality of life for our patients at home. You feel like you're part of a team, and making a difference. The people who stay here are committed to the mission.

Cons

The health insurance deductibles are high, but otherwise the rest of the benefits available are pretty standard. Since it's a dynamic organization, if you do not like change, you will not thrive here; the work demands flexibility, priority shifting, and a positive attitude.

Advice to Management

Invest more in engaging your employees and training your managers to be great leaders. Apria is only as good as the services your employees deliver, and your employees' performance is impacted positively or negatively by their managers. Take care of your people and they will take care of your patients.

2. "Down to Earth Company, Not cutting edge, questionable standards"

Former Employee - Development/Tech/Systems in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Development/Tech/Systems in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

stable company, common sense (very down to earth) leadership from what I read, not "so modern" that a lot of ridiculous HR soundbites are constant - more traditional

Cons

questionable standards, if you work in technology, and have high development standards, you might be frustrated. (and confused, trying to reconcile the actual dev standards with the verbiage spelled out in the ethical classes.....) :)

Advice to Management

Allow high standards to be hired in, too......

Also, the medical insurance benefit... it's REALLY BAD. The coverage is horrible. deductibles, coverage %, etc.... one of the worst versions of aetna plans I've ever seen. For the standard price......... Not good.

also, when you quit, you might not get your PTO time, if it was "accrued, but not able to be actually used yet", according to an obscure and unidentified policy (for me at least, anyway, after 2 mo. post-employment, of inquiring......)

3. "Current TM"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uncapped commission. You have flexibility to work on your own time and hold yourself accountable. Paid miles while drive and expense parking.

Cons

Bad customer service you need to work around if you are a good rep. Bad company PR. Lots of turnover.

4. "Great"

Pros

Good environment. Great company success

Cons

When looking to succeed there are no cons to think of

5. "Human Resources"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team to work with, flexible work schedules, ability to do good work in my role, my manager is a very good leader and supportive.

Cons

Employees don't like the benefits offered

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to consider improving benefits for your employees.

6. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great career advancement
    Challenging projects and assignments to broaden your work experience
    Amazing Co-workers and Supervisors
    Competitive Salaries
    Flexible work schedules as well as telecommuting opportunities

Cons

Benefits:
    -High Deductible Health Plans(with extremely high deductibles)
    -Low 401k employer match
    -Minimal Employer Paid Holidays offered
    -Management had no set vacation accrual or balance offered

Bonuses - Target and Results not adequately explained. Mystery on how bonus amount was determined without detailed calculation of how bonus amount was derived.

Advice to Management

More focus on better overall benefits to offer a full well-rounded employment opportunity.

More detailed communication on bonus incentives and how they are derived.

Continue to evolve with the industry to meet and exceed patient needs and expectations.

7. "Customer Quality Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working from home for Apria, I recently moved from Colorado to texas and my job went with me. Very easy process. All the managers are willing to work with me when ever I have an issue with my children. I can always make up any time I missed. there is always over time available I always have contact with my manager through an internal texting system, its awesome how we collaborate together to get the right answers, share info, and tricks of the trade. Next month will be @ years I have been here, and I do not plan on leaving. LOVE IT

Cons

The only part I don't like is the insurance plan they have available Aetna is too expensive, I am paying for insurance that I cannot use. In Colorado it was a group cooperative through Kaiser which was very affordable. but I cant even get filters for my c-pap machine thru us I always pay out of pocket. Even with the companies discount. I miss Kaiser wish they were in all states.

Advice to Management

there should be someone to update acis instead of the processors. we have enough to do. referrals info and insurance co info in acis are not always correct.

8. "Area Customer Service Manager"

Current Employee - Area Customer Service Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Customer Service Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rewarding hard work that makes a difference in people’s lives. competitive pay with remote or work from home opportunity's. Several promotional opportunities for anyone that wants to grow in their carrier in healthcare. Leadership that truly cares about individuals and their growth.

Cons

Benefits are just OK, not great, but not horrible either. Long work hours, but it's your choice that you many elect to work for our Patients and Referrals.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the hard decisions being Strategic in this Turbulent Healthcare Environment we are experiencing today.

9. "HR"

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Pay is decent; good time off accrual for new employees.

Cons

Medical insurance plan is terrible; If working remote you work all the time; Certain managers are completely cliche and act like they are in junior high, while others uphold a level of professionalism that is commensurate with what you would expect from a large company. Its all about who you know in certain areas in comparison to what you know. The sad part is Executive Leadership is aware of it yet do nothing about it.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to your troublemaker otherwise you are bound to be slapped in the face with a HUGE lawsuit. Get rid of the person before it costs the company a whole lot of money and save yourself the embarrassment and headache of the subpoena. There are a lot of talented people in the organization but they too see the issues and are only there as a stepping stone to the next opportunity.

10. "Customer Quality Specialist"

Current Employee - Field Suspended Support Team in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Field Suspended Support Team in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is NOT an easy job to learn how to do therefore it's challenging and it will keep you engaged. In my experience I feel I've been given the materials and support at Apria Healthcare in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Cons

A LOT TO LEARN! You are dealing with doctors offices, their staff, patients, a billion different insurance companies and different rules apply to each and every one of them.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to read my email and answer any questions without asking for what I've explained already.