AptarGroup Reviews | Glassdoor

AptarGroup Reviews

Updated July 8, 2017

AptarGroup President, CEO, Director, and Member of Executive Committee Stephen J. Hagge
Stephen J. Hagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "No comment"

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time

Pros

Benefits are ok, pay is somewhat good.

Cons

No room for advancement, matrix organization is a mess. Culture would be great if management followed. Most managers work in different locations from their employees. Lot's of red tape. Morale is shot. Too many seasoned, smart people are gone. There are no real levels of management.

Advice to Management

Be kind to your employees. Focus on them and the work and less on the reports that do not work.

2. "Decent employment"

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent work and great people. Fast paced, but good environment.

Cons

Pay isn't great compared to other places. There are people who have worked there ten or more years and still haven't crossed 10/hr.

3. "Senior Account Manager"

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time

Pros

The work is challenging as there is a large portfolio of technologies to promote

Cons

Little innovation. Important decisions are made in Europe

Advice to Management

Promote and develop local talent

4. "Cost Accounting Intern"

Pros

I was at the Cary Mfg. plant. I got experience with different parts of cost accounting and the general manufacturing environment. There are a few really nice people at this location and most of the rest were helpful enough. The position paid $15.50 per hour which is great for an internship. I think having this experience on my resume really helped me to get a job.

Cons

The people in the accounting department are both nice people, but they were almost always too busy to take any time to teach or explain things. Most of the time I felt that they were annoyed by my need to ask questions. I had to figure out a lot of stuff by myself. There were many times when I had questions or wanted to understand something better and they would say "I dont have time right now. Come back later" and at the end of the day they still had not made time. I DID gain a lot from this internship, but when it was over, I really felt that I could have learned/gained SO much more if they would have been more willing to make time for me.
    The work environment/culture was a little stiff/overly formal/old fashioned. I can't think of a better way to put it, but it wasn't very warm or welcoming. The people were ok, but it seemed like many of them didn't enjoy their work or didn't want to have fun at work.

Advice to Management

Make more time for your interns. If you really want to make good use of them and get the most benefit from them, you will have to invest your time. If you give them very little instructions and chances to lean/ ask questions, then you will just create more work for yourself and them.

5. "Good Benefit"

Former Employee - Automation in Congers, NY
    Former Employee - Automation in Congers, NY

I worked at AptarGroup (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefit. When working weekend, pays 40 hours for 32 hrs. Pension after 5 years

Cons

Machinery give a lot of trouble.

"Planner"

Pros

Good benefits and a nice work environment, the culture is highly valued and the communication lines between employees and lower management is good. Openness to talk about anything.

Cons

Under pays employees. Management will fill your head with false hope.Tends to add more and more roles and responsibilities to your plate without and sort of compensation. Second- level management has a true disconnect with what is actually happening.

Advice to Management

Pay people fairly.

"OK Company"

I worked at AptarGroup full-time

Pros

The people that I worked with were terrific, professional and really knew their stuff. Most everyone on the team were very helpful when you had a question or needed help with a project.

Cons

Lack of communication from the top down and follow through from management was very slow. Expectations from management were very high however, the training was lacking. Company seemed rather unorganized and were more reactive rather than proactive.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employee's and follow up on issues, concerns, promotions and on-boarding in a timely manner. Promote a positive, teamwork environment throughout the company instead of the current mindset that it is not my job if you are not a part of the team in a particular area.

8. "Stable but boring"

I worked at AptarGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work-life balance, good benefits

Cons

terrible management, no opportunity for growth

Advice to Management

be more consistent, treat employees better

9. "I am a current employee of less than ten years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work at the Cary campus. Most of my co-workers are pleasant and easy to work with. Healthcare benefits are plentiful and affordable

Cons

We are losing many perks - bonuses, paid birthdays off, lunches, product giveaways ... Management keeps the place in constant state of change, moving from one program to the next with few results other than cost.

Advice to Management

Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish. Let's get the workers working and the slugs out the door.

10. "good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Congers, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Congers, NY

I worked at AptarGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good environiment, good benefits and opportunities

Cons

nothing really wrong, management was good

Advice to Management

no advice