AptarGroup Reviews | Glassdoor

AptarGroup Reviews

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AptarGroup President, CEO, Director, and Member of Executive Committee Stephen J. Hagge
Stephen J. Hagge

1. "Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Cary, IL
    Current Intern - Intern in Cary, IL

I have been working at AptarGroup as an intern (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genuine and kind co-workers. Great location to work. Many people start at low-tired positions at the company and work their way up to better and higher positions (upward mobility).

Cons

A traditional boys club - majority of supervisors, managers, and directors are males. There is a culture that persistently and fervently resists change in all forms.

Advice to Management

Hire more women to management and directorial positions. Focus on implementing a culture accepting of and eager to change.

2. "Summer intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Pros

Supportive management team interested in coaching and development of interns. The office was a friendly and open environment for someone just entering the workforce.

Cons

This particular office location was limited in exposure to the broader organization and so networking was limited. It was difficult to get engaged to some extent because of the location.

3. "Intern"

Current Intern - IT Intern in Crystal Lake, IL
    Current Intern - IT Intern in Crystal Lake, IL

I have been working at AptarGroup as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Place to work and good peole

Cons

Ther is no cons about the company. I was not there for long

5. "Accounting Intern - Aptar Beauty & Home - Stratford, CT"

Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Stratford, CT

I worked at AptarGroup part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with students. Management is patient when training their interns. Work is challenging, but provides excellent learning opportunities for entry level accountants.

Cons

Deadlines can be a bit stressful, especially on new projects.

6. "Good job, room to advance if you show initiative"

Current Employee - Machine Operator/Production Inspector in Mukwonago, WI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator/Production Inspector in Mukwonago, WI

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job pays well compared to other companies in the plastic injection molding industry and if you show interest and are a good worker there is opportunity to advance in the company. There is very little turnover and most of the senior management has been with the company for over 20 years and most started in entry level positions.

Cons

If you are going to be working on the production floor the hours are long (12 hour shifts). Also, as a production floor employee, I feel that it is very difficult to get the mangers to take floor workers ideas for improvement seriously. The plant feels like it is segregated by office workers and production floor workers. Also the HR department is awful, the worst I have ever worked with, they are rude and rarely get things done correctly the first time.

Advice to Management

The management should take ideas for improvement from production floor workers more seriously, I mean we are the ones that spend 40+ hours a week on the floor, we have a lot of good ideas.

"Rating of Aptar Pharma Facility in NY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Congers, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Congers, NY

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience working here with the people. A very clean and well organized facility far more better than an actual pharmaceutical/ drug manufacturing company. Coworkers and peers too are very friendly.

Cons

Salary/ pay is not at the par as compared to other pharmaceutical/medical device/packaging companies. Expect around the less than average rate. Insurance benefits are not the great either.

"A great company. If there were advancement opportunities I would have stayed"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Crystal Lake, IL

Pros

HQ is still very much a family feel. It's a F1000 company that hasn't forgotten that employees are key to its success.

Cons

In some departments, it's difficult to advance simply because people rarely leave Aptar. If you arrived at the right moment, you'll have a long and great career.

Advice to Management

Make sure that there are opportunities for advancement. Talk to your managers not just your directors to find out their thoughts.

"A good experience at an international company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Congers, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Congers, NY

Pros

Able to work autonomously; no micro-managing. High level of responsibility and management allows you to take control. Management is available when needed. Pay was very good although every penny was earned. Good opportunities for traveling abroad although you're flying coach. Excellent opportunity to work with varied cultures.

Cons

Not a high level of trust between co-workers. Small office environment with a "fishbowl" feel. No women in executive positions. Cultural differences can cause tension, and drama-loving employees can exacerbate these differences.

Advice to Management

One of the biggest fallacies corporations fall prey to is promoting an employee based on how well he/she performs the current position and/or length of time employee has been with the company. It's remarkable how many excellent managers work within Aptar, and it's remarkable how many mediocre managers work within Aptar. Aim higher with your management team; ensure consistent excellence. You've got very talented people working for you; don't allow politics to determine who climbs highest.

10. "Good place to work"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at AptarGroup as an intern

Pros

I enjoyed working with many other interns from different departments. The work was interesting and I got along really well with my boss.

Cons

The workload was either very high or basically non existent. Also, as an intern, I did not get the opportunity to do any super substantive work.

Advice to Management

I do not have any real advice for management. As an intern, I wasn't really exposed to the high level workings of the company. From what little I could tell, everything was fine.

11. "Business Development"

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time

Pros

Great people working together in a global cross-market organization

Cons

Very flat organization with minimal vertical movement