Aptitude Habilitation Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Aptitude Habilitation Services Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Working with AHS was a great experience overall"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Aptitude Habilitation Services as a contractor

Pros

Compensation was great. They care about the service they're providing. And they always seem to be trying to improve upon that service.

Cons

Working as an independent contractor can be challenging and burdensome at times.

Advice to Management

Create hourly and salaried employees positions with benefits.

2. "Sad Experience"

Former Contractor - BCBA in Oak Harbor, WA
    Former Contractor - BCBA in Oak Harbor, WA

I worked at Aptitude Habilitation Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Starting off in 2015, there were many promising prospects. As a BCBA, the company assisted with moving by giving me my sign-on bonus early, which was helpful. I was also made aware that there were many clients on the wait list, and I anticipated a full caseload. I hoped that I could help with managing in order to sustain growth (turns out that the company was disinterested in my aspirations to help with company growth, except for me to take as many people off the wait list as possible without regard for training or quality of services).

Cons

The admin and management staff did not pay attention to my needs. At one point, even though I was told I'd have a full schedule, I had 9 hours per week. I felt like I always had to defend my needs. In May 2016, the whole company took a 13% pay cut. I tried to sustain it for a year and couldn't. Also, many of the senior ABA therapist staff had challenges with communication and receiving constructive feedback. Lastly, my clinical recommendations were subject to RBT review, which was a bit backwards and almost ended in a lawsuit when, against my better judgment, one of my recommendations was sidelined. The client was very upset with her child's regression. Thankfully, I was able to recover progress the following week, but it was an unnecessary setback.

Advice to Management

Set up your company to have long-term rewards for your staff, and restructure so that BCBAs feel like a welcome, active part of the company. As it is, the company is constrained by structural faults. Also, BCBAs should be employees. Contracted work is not appropriate, given what BCBAs need to do to properly manage a case.

"Very disorganized and very little communication between and across environments and employees,"

Current Employee - EIA Tutor
    Current Employee - EIA Tutor

I have been working at Aptitude Habilitation Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom. It is exceptionally hard to lose your job. Not a lot of check-ins and most of the times tutors are functioning on their own in the field.

Cons

Pay starts out ok, getting a raise is very difficult and very low when it does come. There is not a lot of overall structure, instead it is a lot of micro-managing. I didn't feel I receive the training I need to do my job as well as I could. Stipends for training are well below minimum wage. Often times the promotions come from within, but without any interviewing. No one notifies staff that a promotion is available until it is filled, often times with lesser qualified applicants.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter. Communicate with them when improvement is needed, or when they do a stellar job. Treat every employee equally and notify them of their reviews in order to receive a pay raise as well as career opportunities within the organization.

4. "Good company"

I have been working at Aptitude Habilitation Services as a contractor

Pros

Aptitude has a great pay, they allow staff to use their own judgement on a lot of issues, and they will pay for training if you ask. The administrators often favor the right thing to do for a child over money.

Cons

Sometimes the distance supervision can be difficult, and it would be nice to have more continuity between regions. Would like benefits.

Advice to Management

Bring staff together for trainings, especially the big ABAI ones, would be nice to see Aptitude on the front line of ABA.

5. "Exceptional ABA company"

I have been working at Aptitude Habilitation Services as a contractor

Pros

I have worked with AHS for four years. Began as a tutor and have worked my way up as a lead. I went back to school to become a BCBA and the company offered tuition reimbursement as well as free supervision during that time. Company provides Lead therapists to help with scheduling, tutor overlap, and materials creation. Great support and culture.

Cons

The hourly rate is really great, however, benefits and regular salary would be nice as we are independent contractors; however, the hourly does off set this well.

Advice to Management

Encourage more tutors to come-up from within to help build capacity, especially in areas of high growth

6. "Great company, great services"

I have been working at Aptitude Habilitation Services as a contractor

Pros

really cares about the clients and staff

Cons

company is spread out, sometimes paperwork differs

Advice to Management

increase staff training and cohesion among the company

7. "stay away from them if you are looking for career job, management is very bad"

Current Employee - Behavior Tutor
    Current Employee - Behavior Tutor

Pros

pay more than other ABA providers

Cons

far drive, if you live close to Travis Air force base then it's good for you. no mileage reimbursement , no driving time reimbursement, not enough hours(10hr per week), almost 0 supervision support, supervisor and lead comes to the house maybe once every other month. supervisor and lead does nothing expect picking on your time sheet and filling some old data form. management is bad, no health insurance, no full time position, no career growth, high turn over rate, the company does not care about you. if you are looking for a career job, stay away from them.

Advice to Management

too much