Aptive Environmental Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Aptive Environmental CEO Vess Pearson
Vess Pearson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Pay, company culture, awes leadership" (in 19 reviews)

• "Good company culture of ethical, hard working people, lifting those around you, and daily improving yourself" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "hard work and long hours during the summer" (in 30 reviews)

• "Hard Work, so if that's a problem, you will not like it" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aptive Environmental (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Aptive for 3 years now and have never felt more at home than I do with this company. They have moved me twice in 2018 but if was most certainly for the best. I am happy when I go home and I am happy when I wake up to go to work. They have the best management and corporate officers in the industry who will pay attention to concerns and listen to what everybody has to say no matter if you have been with them for 1 day or the entire time they have been open they are open to all suggestions. There is always room for advancement and you will get the full training and all the tools you need to succeed. I can honestly say that I believe I would not be nearly as happy with any other company.

Cons

For me there are no cons because the only cons are the ones that you make your self. You are the network and line to your own success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Great company! Great work environment."

Current Employee - Sales Representative/Team Leader in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative/Team Leader in Provo, UT

I have been working at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The level of professionalism is very high. Excellent leadership. Excellent pay.

Cons

It is not an easy job.

Advice to Management

There are little things that could be a little more organized at Corporate trainings that would allow us to really maintain that level of professionalism that stands out from other companies in this industry.

3. "Awesome Job"

Current Employee - Service Tech
    Current Employee - Service Tech

I have been working at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leaders, structured, payed for my efforts

Cons

There are none for me personally

4. "Best Company for Summer Sales"

I have been working at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment to work in. Standard of excellence are always held high to push and train reps to find success.

Cons

Sacrificing summer, but in the end it’s still worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Keep pushing the bar higher and higher

5. "Best Possible Thing For Me At The Time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I worked at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Tons of growth opportunities
    - Made lifelong friends
    - Learned skills for later
    - Learned how to lead
    - Great perms

Cons

Hard work is a must! This isn’t really a Con but if you don’t like working then don’t work here

6. "BEST COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY!"

Current Employee - Route Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Route Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make a real salary in 3 months & don’t have to live off parents while in school.

Can pay for school without having to take out loans.

Lots of performance cash incentives.

Tournament matches to keep you driven toward end of summer.

Unmatched encouragement & room for advancement.

There will always be someone to do more accounts than you in the company which gives you the knowledge that always more can be achieved.

BEST TRAINING IN THE INDUSTRY.

Seriously, there is not a better opportunity for college students who wish to live financially stable while in school.

Cons

No benefits
    Wish there was an option to be paid evenly every 2 weeks throughout the year.

Advice to Management

Don’t lower your expectations. You have achieved what you have by expecting excellence & to be the premier company in this industry.

7. "Best Inside Sales Opportunity"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Provo, UT

I have been working at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked a number of different sales jobs (e.g., door-to-door(D2D), phone sales, retail), and Aptive has given me the best experience to date. I was a D2D rep for them a few years back, but with the earning potential and balance I've obtained since moving internally, it's made sense to lay down roots as opposed to bouncing around. I love that I am surrounded by people seeking to better themselves and others, so it has given me lifelong friendships. Aptive serves both in the local community and globally with fundraisers and hand-on projects. Upper-level management is very approachable, and willing to work with you from a professional and personal standpoint. I have a lot more positives to mention, but I'm sure you're not looking to read a novel. If you're an ambitious person, then this is the place for you.

Cons

I'll be honest; the only downside is that the earning potential isn't the same as the D2D reps. If it were, then this position would be perfect.

From a D2D perspective, the downside is not being able to obtain your backend if you don't meet certain criteria that may not be clear. I've never had that happen, but I've had friends with less-than-ideal backends, then holding a grudge against Aptive because the stipulations were not communicated to them. I have found that this tends to be the case dependent on the regional with whom you are under. Thus, choose carefully who you have as your leaders. It makes the world of a difference.

Advice to Management

All of you are doing great! I love the diversity in the office with regards to politics, ethnicity, background etc., and the incentives given to both the internal and D2D sales teams are phenomenal. Only suggestion I have is to up the compensation package for the internal sales team and/or provide "meal tickets" for the occasional food trucks.

"Great company for hard workers"

I have been working at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent pay for rookies and managers. Superior sales training to any other pest control company, and the majority of other door to door companies. They pay people exactly what is promised, with fair standards, similar to other door to door sales companies. Good company culture of ethical, hard working people, lifting those around you, and daily improving yourself.

Cons

Aptive has one of the most demanding work schedules that will not be a good fit for those wanting an easy summer job. Because the typical schedule includes morning time on the doors, and a lunch break in the middle of the day, reps are away from their apartments/families longer than other companies. Works for those wanting to make the most out of the days/summer.

9. "Customer Loyalty Specialist"

I have been working at Aptive Environmental full-time

Pros

Lenient on asking for a day off. Great environment and management

Cons

Be excellent as you can be and no problems.

"Bottom of the bowl company to work for"

Former Employee - Salesman in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Salesman in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Aptive Environmental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do a nice job training you to get the sale. Increases your numbers

Cons

Upper management couldn't give a hoot who you are or what you did for the company. They will find anyway they can to steal money from sales reps. A lot of times holding little bits and pieces of reps back end without even letting them know. Culture is terrible. I would not reccomend working with this guys. Obviously there are great people who work for them but the majority honestly don't give a crap about you as a person.

Advice to Management

More communication to sales reps about REALISTIC EXPECTATION ON THE BACKEND PAY. Messing up on paychecks and keeping money from hard working students is a terrible look. Make the contract more clear for first year reps. But even long term reps still get screwed which is the unfortunate thing.