Aptus Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Timothy Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "2017 was a breakout year for a few key product lines within the Aptus Health family of offerings" (in 6 reviews)

• "Some good people are still here" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work is not appreciated here" (in 5 reviews)

• "Just recently Aptus has fired a lot of people" (in 5 reviews)

"Long Time Employee: Pleased with Company's Maturation Process"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

As an individual that has worked for Aptus Health from way back when it wasn't Aptus Health yet, I feel compelled to defend my company in light of the negative glassdoor review notifications that show up in my inbox.

AH has grown up tremendously in the last three years. We have gone from a company that, essentially, was an email vendor to a global, multi-audience, multi-channel, innovative organization with an interesting value proposition for customers. This would not have been possible without the perseverance and vision of our "new" management team.

This is now an organization where you feel free to speak your mind about the direction of the business and are actually heard, even if change does sometimes feel slow to take effect.

While everyone at this organization works tremendously hard it is simultaneously an environment where you are encouraged to ensure that your personal life is attended to.

Cons

Change is sometimes slow to take effect.

Career paths and requirements for promotions are not well defined. Individual managers should be provided with guidelines and be proactive about recognizing employees that are performing beyond their current title.

"I am glad to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

1. I work with some great people. On the whole I respect and appreciate my coworkers across the world. (There are some with less-than-perfect attitudes, but that exists everywhere.) There have also been more, really high-quality folks joining the organization in the last year or so. We have good talent that is helping to build the company and move it forward.
    2. I feel like the management team are well vested. We have folks who care about the performance of the company, are open to feedback from employees willing to share it openly and honestly, and who are making decisions that they feel will help the company perform better. I can't say that I understand or agree with all of their decisions, but I think their heads and hearts are in the right place. The most recent acquisition of a small company has brought on board some really interesting products. The recent hire of an HR team (progress!) and decision to have it report directly to the CEO vs. Finance are good moves.
    3. There are real opportunities to contribute - the company is doing some new and different, innovative things. Our user website has good traction around the world, we have teams building some robust capabilities and our client teams are very good at their jobs.
    4. Even in our corporate office, 'dress down' is perfectly acceptable on Fridays or the right day during the week.

Cons

1. I wish there were more definitive decisions made about how we prioritize projects and what we spend our time on. Not every product line in the company is growing, and for those that 'eat up' resources, I don't understand why we continue to support them.
    2. The finance organization is very siloed away from the rest of the company. They sit separately, don't really engage with others and even though they're all new, seem to perpetuate a negative disinterest in the rest of the organization.
    3. The open floor plan. The decision to implement the open floor plan was made as a cost savings measure to fit more people into our space. Now that we don't have as many people it just leaves folks feeling very exposed, easily distracted by others, and less likely to collaborate because people are so protective of any semblance of privacy they can get. We even have one person who has decided to adopt a conference room all their own because it's such a hard place to focus.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on opening informal lines of communication. Many employees feel disconnected, and the best way to improve that is to get out there and engage...or at least to let them feel comfortable to be the ones to initiate. Invest more in team- and culture-building: it's been lacking for far too long.

3. "Growing"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

Good culture with expanding offerings

Cons

lack of focus and constant rebranding of products

"Care to Engage? The answer: a resounding no."

I worked at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

There are some intelligent, hard working people still there.
    Reasonable pay.
    There was a pool table.
    Plentiful parking.

Cons

Where to even begin...

Senior management is clueless and incredibly out of touch with reality and their core employees. Town hall meetings were just full of hot air and buzzwords with no direction or actionable targets.

They replaced all the minority and female leadership at the company with old white men. Then they replaced all of the older female and minority employees in the finance department with, you guessed it, more young, white candidates. Several other rounds of silent, unspoken of lay-offs occurred during my tenure with no explanations given.

The International leadership based in France was constantly at odds with their American-based counterparts and routinely would make up inflated figures and data during internal meeting and meetings external shareholders. There was zero accountability or oversight on this whatsoever.

The Reading office is essentially a morgue with no energy and very few people actually coming in regularly. Maybe it's just me, but whisper quiet atmospheres are not what you picture when you think 'innovative company.'

The company's core product offerings are not at all innovative - mostly acting as a middleman to spam doctors for pharma clients using third party vendor data that clients could just use themselves.

For a 'Tech' and 'Digital' focused company there is no real development or engineering teams to speak of in the US offices. Everything is running on platforms that look like they are designed for Blackberry phones in the mid-2000's

There was no real room for personal or professional development as actionable goals were non-existent. Worst yet, the few performance goals you would get were often plucked from thin air rather than routed in any sort of analytical process. Lots of "50,000 sounds like a good number, let's go with that" type of thinking.

Ultimately this company has no vision, no leadership, presents itself dishonestly and has nothing innovative to offer an already crowded marketplace. Avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen, so I won't give them any.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with a bright future

Cons

Many projects - fast paced environment

"Can’t believe it! They are asking employees to put positive reviews on Glassdoor"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Reading, MA

I worked at Aptus Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to what has happened over the last 2 years since leadership change that brought in people who have no idea on how to motivate or execute

Cons

A very negative environment. The CEO is way over his head. No relationships with customers. Has no idea how to engage employees and is locked in his office whenever he is there. Merck has no idea on what is going on and I am glad to be out of this environment. Rather than asking people to post positive reviews on Glassdoor why not address the problems?

Advice to Management

Recognize your losses and replace management with more competent and capable leaders

"Aptus Health -- up & coming"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

Aptus operates is a global digital marketing company ... great industry growth prospects. Aptus has turned around their business model and is seeing dynamic growth in key product areas. Management is consistently demonstrating industry knowledge and strategic thought, along with the discipline and willingness to create a great environment for employees.

Cons

Overcoming few remaining remnants of prior management

"Building Positive Momentum"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

Company growth is solid and on an upward trajectory. Building brand awareness and gaining positive recognition in the marketplace. Successfully meeting company objectives - positive feedback to employees in the form of 100% bonus payout for 2017. Addressing technology issues - a lot of work to do it - but positive progress is being made.

Cons

Continued restructuring is bumpy and recent cuts not communicated well. Better communication will eliminate fear which results in some employee negativity.

Advice to Management

We are not a large company, don't treat it like one.

"Great results in 2017 and solid direction"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

Great news - the company grew by over 15% in 2017 and was named the Most Innovative Multichannel Company in a respected industry survey (TGaS Advisors). All topline and bottomline targets were met and staff is very pleased to hear that company bonus requirements were achieved!

Some new strategies in place. Getting rave reviews from clients in US and Europe for customer service, analytics, data transparency and ability to deliver. Nice momentum!

Cons

It appears that these advances are not being well understood by certain segments of staff (as some of the other reviews indicate). That's unfortunate to see.

Advice to Management

Company leaders/managers should continue to communicate, engage and collaborate. Make everyone feel connected and part of this growth.

"Significant growth ahead; led by strong management team"

Current Employee - Middle Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Middle Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

2017 was a breakout year for a few key product lines within the Aptus Health family of offerings. These key products propelled us to beat 2017 objectives and will serve as growth drivers in 2018. The market is responding to our data driven approach to reach and engage Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Consumers. Strong growth signals.
    The company went through some growing pains but management has handled it in a positive and professional way over the past two years.
    Executive leadership is strong with a high business acumen.
    People are great!

Cons

Company lacks superior brand equity in the market place but has made great strides to improve our position.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing ahead with growth objectives. Flawless execution of plan is key.