Aptus Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Timothy Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "As an individual that has worked for Aptus Health from way back when it wasn't" (in 6 reviews)

• "Some good people are still here" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work is not appreciated here" (in 5 reviews)

• "Just recently Aptus has fired a lot of people" (in 5 reviews)

"Long Time Employee: Pleased with Company's Maturation Process"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

As an individual that has worked for Aptus Health from way back when it wasn't Aptus Health yet, I feel compelled to defend my company in light of the negative glassdoor review notifications that show up in my inbox.

AH has grown up tremendously in the last three years. We have gone from a company that, essentially, was an email vendor to a global, multi-audience, multi-channel, innovative organization with an interesting value proposition for customers. This would not have been possible without the perseverance and vision of our "new" management team.

This is now an organization where you feel free to speak your mind about the direction of the business and are actually heard, even if change does sometimes feel slow to take effect.

While everyone at this organization works tremendously hard it is simultaneously an environment where you are encouraged to ensure that your personal life is attended to.

Cons

Change is sometimes slow to take effect.

Career paths and requirements for promotions are not well defined. Individual managers should be provided with guidelines and be proactive about recognizing employees that are performing beyond their current title.

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with a bright future

Cons

Many projects - fast paced environment

"Can’t believe it! They are asking employees to put positive reviews on Glassdoor"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Reading, MA

I worked at Aptus Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to what has happened over the last 2 years since leadership change that brought in people who have no idea on how to motivate or execute

Cons

A very negative environment. The CEO is way over his head. No relationships with customers. Has no idea how to engage employees and is locked in his office whenever he is there. Merck has no idea on what is going on and I am glad to be out of this environment. Rather than asking people to post positive reviews on Glassdoor why not address the problems?

Advice to Management

Recognize your losses and replace management with more competent and capable leaders

"Aptus Health -- up & coming"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

Aptus operates is a global digital marketing company ... great industry growth prospects. Aptus has turned around their business model and is seeing dynamic growth in key product areas. Management is consistently demonstrating industry knowledge and strategic thought, along with the discipline and willingness to create a great environment for employees.

Cons

Overcoming few remaining remnants of prior management

"Building Positive Momentum"

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

Company growth is solid and on an upward trajectory. Building brand awareness and gaining positive recognition in the marketplace. Successfully meeting company objectives - positive feedback to employees in the form of 100% bonus payout for 2017. Addressing technology issues - a lot of work to do it - but positive progress is being made.

Cons

Continued restructuring is bumpy and recent cuts not communicated well. Better communication will eliminate fear which results in some employee negativity.

Advice to Management

We are not a large company, don't treat it like one.

"Great results in 2017 and solid direction"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time

Pros

Great news - the company grew by over 15% in 2017 and was named the Most Innovative Multichannel Company in a respected industry survey (TGaS Advisors). All topline and bottomline targets were met and staff is very pleased to hear that company bonus requirements were achieved!

Some new strategies in place. Getting rave reviews from clients in US and Europe for customer service, analytics, data transparency and ability to deliver. Nice momentum!

Cons

It appears that these advances are not being well understood by certain segments of staff (as some of the other reviews indicate). That's unfortunate to see.

Advice to Management

Company leaders/managers should continue to communicate, engage and collaborate. Make everyone feel connected and part of this growth.

"Significant growth ahead; led by strong management team"

Current Employee - Middle Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Middle Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

2017 was a breakout year for a few key product lines within the Aptus Health family of offerings. These key products propelled us to beat 2017 objectives and will serve as growth drivers in 2018. The market is responding to our data driven approach to reach and engage Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Consumers. Strong growth signals.
    The company went through some growing pains but management has handled it in a positive and professional way over the past two years.
    Executive leadership is strong with a high business acumen.
    People are great!

Cons

Company lacks superior brand equity in the market place but has made great strides to improve our position.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing ahead with growth objectives. Flawless execution of plan is key.

"Regrettable Decision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There was a good work/life balance, but this will most likely end when the company moves its corporate office to Boston

Cons

Blatant favoritism in upper management. Everyone is hiring a “friend” they used to work with. The company isn’t making money but overpays management and sales team with excessive salaries, commissions and bonuses. No growth opportunities, no transparency and no employee empowerment. I regret leaving my very stable job to come to a company I thought was cool and innovative but it is just a facade.

Advice to Management

Don’t move the corporate office because it’s more convenient for the officers. Please consider you other 80 employees who may already have a tough commute.

The culture would get better if the layoffs stopped and instead employees were trained, mentored, empowered and disciplined. Leadership doesn’t discipline, they just layoff employees in order to deal with bad behavior.

Listen to you subject matter experts instead of assuming you know better. Don’t indulge bad behavior.

Be transparent with your new hires regarding problems and tell them you plan on moving the corporate office.

Don’t lay someone off because you don’t “like” them. Stop playing favorites.

"Fake five star reviews won't save the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of time to interview for a new job.
    No real goals and not much pressure.

Cons

Worst CEO I have ever worked with.
    Plummeting revenue.
    Even hard to sell Merck on using our services.

Advice to Management

Advice to Merck - get new management quickly.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Reading, MA

I have been working at Aptus Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good people who work hard.

Cons

Exodus from key positions at French location. Systematic elimination of all minorites and seniors on finance and accounting team in last month. Positions replaced one to one with younger whites. Defunct products that run on antiquated technologies. Office now nearly empty after multiple rounds of layoffs over past 1.5 years. Worst HR team I've encountered in my career. No career growth opportunities.