Aqua-Tots Swim Schools Regional Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Preston
  1. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Murphy, TX

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Owners believe in investing in their teams growth and knowledge. Great life and work balance. Room for advancement. Great culture for staff and our families. Flexible schedules. Competitive wages. Teaching water safety to children and being able to watch their skill growth. AMAZING holiday hours.

Cons

The anxiety level of a new teacher teaching swim lessons for the 1st time.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-08-28
  2. "Transparent and caring work environment!!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People that truly care about you! The owners invest in developing you and your teammates. Abide by their core values! Really do care about the kids and teaching to the highest standard we can to help prevent drownings

Cons

High turnover due to age and stage of life of most employees- mostly because they hire great people and they then get awesome opportunities... catch 22 Because it is a franchise I can only speak about my specific owners. There may be differences depending on where you go.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-04-20
  3. "Can be a double edged sword."

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can enjoy your work and feel good about contributing to a greater cause.

Cons

Challenging work life balance and limited room to advance.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard at developing advancement opportunities to reduce turnover.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2018-05-30
  4. "Building Relationships"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff get to build relationships with children and their parents by teaching them a life saving skill that most adults don't even know how to properly do - swim.

Cons

Parents schedules and busy lifestyles often cause miscommunication and complaints. Part-Time staff has difficulties with substituting for instructors when they are sick or request time off.

Advice to Management

Staff camaraderie could be improved by offering a more structured evaluation process for instructors and including a pay raise structure based on lesson performance.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-12-15