Aqua-Tots Swim Schools Swim Coach Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Preston
  1. "Great!"

Former Employee - Swim Coach in Surprise, AZ

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

All workers are very friendly and the kids are wonderful and so excited to learn.

Cons

The staff doesn't help with covering shifts and would not always teach the correct corriculum to students which can cause confusion between instructors and the child's progression.

Advice to Management

Have more staff meetings to help work together to learn the proper techniques to the kids.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2017-09-14
  2. "Fun but Not Flexible"

Former Employee - Swim Coach in Plano, TX

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment was fun if you love kids, swimming and teaching. I really enjoyed seeing kids get excited about learning and when it clicked, it made me really happy. I had a lot of fun learning how to teach swim lessons to kids ranging from 4 months old to 10 years old.

Cons

I don't know if this goes for all locations or if it was just the one I worked at, but they were hardly flexible with me. I had an EXTREMELY hard time asking anything off because they put if ALL on me to find a replacement and had little to no help in doing so. I almost missed my family vacation as a result. I also only got one week off the entire summer which I was very displeased about because their reasoning is... that the parents want consistency. I hope that the parents and the management realize that the people they hire on are all high school/ college students and summer is our time where we go on vacation and go do mission trips and stuff which I missed out on as a result. Also when I asked off like three months in advance, they still didn't respect my time off and there for I was almost forced to quit because of that. I felt like I had no life outside of this job which made it not as enjoyable as I expected it to be.

Advice to Management

PLEASE make the scheduling more flexible. I understand that parents and kids (especially the younger ones) appreciate the consistency but also please try and inform them that things happen and that we have lives outside of the school and our job there. I was super frustrated asking off things way in advance only to be told I couldn't do it or almost couldn't do it because of either lack of people to ask or other... people got priority over me when I asked off the week/weekend first. Please work on making sure that when we request a certain week or weekend off that we get it and that there is a priority system in place to make sure that the people who asked off way in advance gets first pick before the people who asked off like the month before.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2018-01-24

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Swim Coach in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the job and the kids

Cons

Manager treats you like a child, very unorganized and doesn't cooperate with scheduling conflicts

Advice to Management

Maybe don't

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-11-16
  4. "You must honestly care about children."

Current Employee - Swim Coach in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time

Pros

The children are amazing, and most of the parents are as well. The location is also nice because it is rather close to the local university, and the hours of business are reasonable.

Cons

It is impossible to call out sick - fever or not, you will be told to take medicine so as to not upset the parent/child client teams by canceling classes or assigning a different instructor. I understand the importance of consistent scheduling, but health and safety should also be considered at some point. The turnover rate for instructors is directly influenced by these management practices.

Advice to Management

Create a better system in order to provide quality substitute instructors when necessary.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-02-05