Aqua-Tots Swim Schools "aqua tots" Reviews | Glassdoor

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools Employee Reviews about "aqua tots"

Updated Oct 19, 2019

3.8
Aqua-Tots Swim Schools CEO Paul Preston
Paul Preston
Pros
  • "Fun if you like working with kids(in 12 reviews)

• "I loved taking what I was learning in the classroom and see it in real life at Aqua Tots(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "I wish here was a thing called bathroom breaks at aqua tots but there isn’t(in 8 reviews)

• "Chlorine is rarely where it is supposed to be(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "aqua tots"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Front Desk Staff"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Cary, NC

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Aqua-Tots for what seems like forever now. It is a great place to work- family owned, PTO offered for part-time employees, school benefits, flexible schedules, and your co-workers become like family to you. The mission and core values of Aqua-Tots is amazing! My managers have been great in allowing me to take on extra responsibilities so I can continue to grow while I am in school.

Cons

There are always cons of working anywhere. At Aqua-Tots Cary, the pros outweigh the cons. I would say there is room for improvement with communication between management and staff. Also, it seems that the more tenured staff take on more responsibilities, but get less appreciation than newer staff members. There's not much room for long-term growth, unless you want to transfer to another school to fill a manager... position elsewhere. Finding coverage for shifts can be difficult, but our manager does try to help when she can!

Advice to Management

We love you guys! We would love to help develop a better communication system between management and staff.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-10-18
  2. "Front desk staff"

Current Employee - Master Water Safety Instructor in Cary, NC

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

My favorite thing about Aqua-Tots is the rich social environment, everyone is super friendly and we are all one big family. My managers always have my back and want me to be the best employee that I can be. Aqua-Tots also has amazing core values that we live out everyday.

Cons

Sometimes finding coverage can be difficult for certain shifts. If you are an in-water instructor you have to be consistent and out of 10 weeks you can only miss one shift.

Advice to Management

None

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-10-16
  3. "Very useful experience for the College and High School Students to work here"

Current Employee - Instructor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to work and learn in an awesome company, very flexible hours and schedule. No need to work late hours or long hours, still catch up with my homework and social life.

Cons

Can't find better place than Aqua-Tots to work!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-09-24
  4. "I Love Working For Aqua-Tots"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Aqua-Tots Swim School has been an amazing experience. It is a fun an exciting place to work especially if you like working with children as well as working in customer service.

Cons

Everything is great Great Hours and great work life balance

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-09-17
  5. "Amazing Work Environment"

Current Employee - Swim Instructor and Front Desk Staff in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aqua Tots is a wonderful work environment. They really try their best to focus on our core values. However, it truly depends on the management staff you have at the time. I began my employment with WONDERFUL managers. However, as management began to change, the work environment and atmosphere began to change drastically. Aqua Tots is a wonderful company as long as it is run well. Paid time off even for part time... employees, wonderful connections with your kids, and a positive atmosphere for he most part. Challenging and great work environment to grow and better yourself.

Cons

Long hours with no breaks in between to use the restroom or get a snack when in the water. Front desk requires you telling the customers no when the customers know the manager will just say yes. Very difficult interactions because of this.

Advice to Management

Please adhere to the policies. It makes it very difficult for the staff when every customer knows the management will say yes and not abide by our policies when we must.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-04-28
  6. "Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Swim Teacher/Front Desk in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really aren't any. So take that as a warning.

Cons

This place can only be described as toxic. It is run very clumsily, and just without care. They do not have a well thought call out system - so if you get sick, be warn you are coming in to still work around children. They really do not care about the employees well being, and instead pick favorites from the group. There is many cliques like most work places - however unlike most workplaces, Aqua-Tots hires mostly... young so it feels very much like high school and it can get very "rumory" and toxic.

Advice to Management

Management is horrible, it is spread too thin. With no HR department, and weird teenage boys running loose it has been a problem. I'm surprised this company hasn't gotten into more trouble. Terrible company - so happy to have gotten out.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-05-11
  7. "Review"

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time

Pros

Some pros about working at aqua tots are the very flexible hours and being able to interact with families and kids while you work!

Cons

Some cons about working here is working under some of the management. Some of the managers care more than others and you can really tell that they pick their favorites.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2018-11-30
  8. "Needs improvement"

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome experience working with kids!

Cons

I wish here was a thing called bathroom breaks at aqua tots but there isn’t.

Advice to Management

Bathroom breaks are needed and also make it easy to get a raise. Worked for about 7 1/2 months and they didn’t even talk about getting a raise.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2018-06-09

"Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

The interaction with kids and parents. Watching them succeed in their swim goals. You don't work here for employer appreciation, you work here for the kids.

Cons

There is literally no opportunity for advancement. If you are older than 24, forget being taken seriously. Each Aqua-Tots is ran independently, so management style varies. My particular experience involved being completely ignored with assessments. They only invest in those whom they judge to be the best, work ethic and initiative an option. They have become so corporate minded that they have lost all sense of core... values and community feel. Their core values are merely a facade to the business to make parents think they're real. My advice is to avoid this place. Management will leave you with nothing but tears. And also, instead of taking a quick bathroom break, I was advised to "just pee in the pool."

Advice to Management

Stop under appreciating your employees!

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2018-02-26

"Amazing Workplace"

Current Employee - Water Safety Swim Instructor in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice People, Happy Environment, good Salary, Adorable Kids, Fun Curriculum, Flexible Schedules, Family Atmosphere, Everyone at Aqua-Tots is a part of a staff Family, People from other schools visit and share tips, Make Friends rather than Coworkers

Cons

Long shift in water, Long training (but it is worth it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Don’t change anything. Aqua-Tots Family

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2017-10-27