Aqua-Tots Swim Schools "aqua tots" Reviews | Glassdoor

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools CEO Paul Preston
Paul Preston
  1. "Needs improvement"

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome experience working with kids!

Cons

I wish here was a thing called bathroom breaks at aqua tots but there isn’t.

Advice to Management

Bathroom breaks are needed and also make it easy to get a raise. Worked for about 7 1/2 months and they didn’t even talk about getting a raise.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2018-06-09

"Amazing Workplace"

Current Employee - Water Safety Swim Instructor in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice People, Happy Environment, good Salary, Adorable Kids, Fun Curriculum, Flexible Schedules, Family Atmosphere, Everyone at Aqua-Tots is a part of a staff Family, People from other schools visit and share tips, Make Friends rather than Coworkers

Cons

Long shift in water, Long training (but it is worth it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Don’t change anything. Aqua-Tots Family

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2017-10-27
  3. "Great part time position"

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time

Pros

I was an early elem education major when I got this job. I loved taking what I was learning in the classroom and see it in real life at Aqua Tots. Owners are amazing. They would do anything for their staff and care about you more then just as an employee.

Cons

There really aren't any. This job takes effort, but effort produces results. You get to be an integral part of a child's life which makes any bad day so much better.

Advice to Management

Thanks! You guys are awesome! You live out your core values!!

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2017-05-03
  4. "Water Safety Instructor"

Former Employee - Water Safety Instructor in Richmond, VA

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

Aqua-Tots is a great place to work at while in high school or college. The environment is generally upbeat and fun and most of the students are well behaved and enjoyable to teach. The company goes to great lengths to make sure you are thoroughly trained and competent in every area of teaching. The store I worked for had monthly staff meetings which usually consisted of watching footage for proper technique,... reviewing curriculum, and occasionally getting in the water to teach through a level with the management team. Throughout your time there, you will develop a strong bond with some of your students and their parents. In fact, the hardest part about leaving the job was saying goodbye to some of my longtime students. All of the staff was friendly and gossip was relatively minimal among instructors. The management did a good job of supporting the staff, even when we screwed up. There were a couple times where I made dumb judgments and the manager stood behind me despite the angered parent.

Cons

The job is really fun, but there isn't any room for progression. The management doesn't really make any effort to develop employees beyond Water Safety Instructors and nobody ever received a raise while I was there despite several reminders that they would begin performance reviews. Calling out sick is hard unless you have been working there for a little while and have earned favors with other instructors. They... hired a lot of instructors, but they always made it seem like we were understaffed whenever someone called out sick or quit. The people who had been working there for a long time seemed weighed down by it and ready for something new. Again, great place to work, but not somewhere I would stay long-term for work.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Develop better systems for hiring. Create pipelines to increased pay and responsibility.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-09-23
  5. "Great working environment!"

in Logan, UT

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools

Pros

Aqua-Tots pays well, has a positive work environment, employees great staff members, and uses an extremely well-developed curriculum. I really felt like family while I worked there. They were super flexible with my school schedule, and made me feel welcome and appreciated.

Cons

Since you are working with children from the age of four months to twelve years, you will deal with temper tantrums, crying, screaming, and other behavior issues. Also expect kids to either poop or throw up in the pool every once in a while. I've been puked on twice, and that was not fun, but hey, that's just part of working with kids.

Advice to Management

None, the management is professional and knows what they're doing.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-07-28
  6. "Rewarding Experience"

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time

Pros

Working at Aqua Tots was rewarding and fun. They have a great training program to train new swimming instructors which includes much support during training.

Cons

Staff and most managers are great, except for the few in upper management who tend to be 'abrasive' while correcting.

Advice to Management

Keeping management consistent. Keep in-services professional and on point. Focus on POSITIVE constructive criticism and work through issues and misunderstandings, not just pointing blame.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-08-03

"Where do I even start..."

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time

Pros

The co-workers are young highschool kids so they're fun and easy to hang out with. LOVE the kids!

Cons

YOU BARELY GET ANY HOURS! If you are a student, the most you work all week besides saturday is 4 hours. Sundays closed. The management is AWFUL and the instructors aren't even proprly trained! As an ex worker from Aqua tots..parents if you're reading this DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO AT!!!!!! The instructors aren't certified. Not CPR, First Aide, etc. Your kid drowns? He's screwed cause the instructors don't know what... to do!

Advice to Management

STOP COMPLAINING. APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-06-11

"Unappreciated"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Novi, MI

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are not really any pros of working here. You are underpaid , no benefits and treated poorly. The only pro I can think of is the cute little kids you see

Cons

After working Aqua tots for a while I had to quit because of how poorly staff if treated. Working in the water was one of the most stressful things I could commit to. I also worked front desk and HATED it. It is so stressful at the desk and management sucks. Managers stir up problems between co works and are always talking behind others backs. Worst place I have ever worked

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, after all that place wouldn't run without them.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2016-06-05
  9. "Swimming Instructor"

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools

Pros

My favorite thing was educating little kids about water safety and swim skills.

Cons

I could only work at Aqua-Tots Swim School at nights. I wanted more hours.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2015-03-06
  10. "General Manager"

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has great core values and they really try to live by them. Also they are continuosly working to be a better company . They try to have everyone feel they are a very important member of Aqua-Tots.

Cons

The salary isn´t great and as a GM you really don´t have that much personal time left over. The working hours are too much.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-01-05