KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aquent

Engaged Employer

Aquent

Add a Review

Aquent Employee Reviews about "no paid"

Updated Jan 1, 2021

Found 19 of over 811 reviews

4.2
Aquent Co-Founder and CEO John H. Chuang
John H. Chuang
Pros
  • "Work/life balance, excellent leadership, growth opportunities(in 65 reviews)

• "Salaried, not hourly, with great benefits(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Benefits are average with no paid days off (sick/vacation/leave)(in 19 reviews)

• "some paid time off would be nice(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Aquent

Join the conversation on

Production

7m

an

Executive Producer

When did “Preditor” become a title? “We have an immediate need for a Preditor (Producer + Editor) to support one of the most important and inspiring software companies in the world of design and digital art. The Preditor will work on our paid social advertising and short-form social media needs. This includes producing content for a variety of social channels. Come join a wildly creative and fun team.” - from an Aquent recruiter email.

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aquent and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no paid"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Extremely supportive agency

Dec 22, 2017 - Interactive Art Director in Bloomfield, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive staff with great communication. Good medical/dental benefits, 401K available and plenty of online learning classes.

Cons

No PTO, no paid holidays. Other than that it's great.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Holiday for the Holidays

Jan 1, 2021 - Marketing Events Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great new benefits added this year

Cons

No paid holiday or vacation offered

3. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

They're okay

Nov 14, 2019 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They can place you in a job fairly quickly.

Cons

This is more of a general con with being a contingent worker. You are very limited with growth depending on where you are placed, and salary increases are few and far in between. Benefits are average with no paid days off (sick/vacation/leave).

4. 3.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Lots of connections and opportunities

Jun 17, 2014 - Graphic Designer in Tukwila, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aquent has great connections with very well know and top paying companies. I was sought out for a particular design role by Aquent. The rep for the account was very friendly and very helpful with the interview and on boarding process. My rep was also available for support through the course of my contract and responded timely to emails and phone calls. Benefits are offered with contracts and the details were reviewed over video chat with a rep who was not in my state.

Cons

Because Aquent has nationwide accounts they also have reps across the country. While my contract was in Seattle, my reps were based in the midwest and the south, which makes a 2 and 3 hour time zone difference, hindering full availability. The benefits were pretty good, but were based on hours worked on a weekly basis. So, if you had to take a sick day and couldn't make up the hours in that week you would pay more for benefits due to less hours worked. For this ongoing/long-term contract, no paid vacation time was offered. My contract was initially for 3 months with strong possibility to extend. Later, I was sent an email congratulating me because the contract had been extended another 3 months. Even though it is good news to have your contract extended, I would have preferred a phone call or to at least be asked if I would like that contract extended.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Aquent is a great place to work - go Vitamin T team!

Mar 25, 2016 - Senior User Experience Designer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Your agent is always in touch to what project you're working on if you're happy - Agent visits me all the time on campus and buys me coffee and food - The Vitamin T team works on various projects around Houston - not just oil and gas - They pay very well - They do provide some pretty decent benefits (plus I was able to add my girlfriend on my plan) - 401k with Fidelity - Great perks like discounts off Apple products and phone services like Verizon - Bonus if you get someone hired on a project or find a job lead - Unlimited vacation days (you just don't get PTO) - Very involved in the Houston community going to HUXPA meet ups and other social networking events

Cons

- They do not match 401k - No Paid Time Off - No Bonuses - You don't get paid if you're on the bench

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Contractor

No paid benefits, time-off for talent. Many of the talent are working full-time for the Aquent client pool.

Mar 3, 2015 - Art Director in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Aquent can provide extra job opportunities for those looking for employment. There is flexibility to choose assignments. There are times when the compensation is good.

Cons

No paid time-off for full-time talent. No paid benefits, in the past before 2008 they offered paid health, dental and vision insurance, due to the "economy" they removed this benefit and therefore stopped supporting their talent. No 401k matching, again before 2008 they matched 4% of the 401k, after 2008 they don't even offer it. Working with recruiters is very difficult, many ignore your requests for positions especially after they created the Vitamin T arm of Aquent. Pay is also substandard in many cases, I was working for a client that had me monitor my hours and they told me exactly what they were being charged for my services. The client was being charged $68/hr for my services, Aquent was paying me $33/hr and removing all my benefits that were promised when signed up.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for Staff, not so much for Talent

Jun 19, 2016 - Lead Information Developer in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Affordable health insurance for employee only if you work 40 hours/week 401K (with no matching for talent) from day one

Cons

Health insurance cost for dependents is not affordable If you work less than 40 hours/week health insurance cost for employee might not be affordable (Talent) No paid time off...ever...no matter how many hours you put in or how long you've been Talent.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Bittersweet

Mar 9, 2015 - Art Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are fortunate enough to get placed with one of their major clients, you will have steady work for quite awhile. You won't have to deal with anyone micromanaging you! You will have a lot of freedom to work as you see fit as long as you are professional.

Cons

Very little interaction with the reps! My rep is in another city and also speaks English as a second language so communicating with her can be challenging. The reps check in about once a quarter. The information we receive is often wrong. Biggest CON - no paid time off (no holiday, sick or vacation time)!!!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Contractor

May 15, 2016 - Technical Writer in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have had several great recruiters who have worked hard to find interesting and rewarding assignments for me. I like that they make me feel like I'm part of the company even thought I work as a contractor. They provide online continuing education opportunities so you can keep your skills up to meet the needs of your assignments.

Cons

As with many staffing agencies, there is no paid time off.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 8 years

High quality recruiters

Apr 21, 2016 - Freelance Graphic Designer in Manchester, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aquent is an amazing company - they are a group of wonderful agents who truly help you find the right position. They follow up to make sure you are happy with the placement. I have had several outstanding opportunities that turned into longer-term contracts, and I have been very happy.

Cons

No paid vacation, personal, or sick time off.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews