KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aquent

Engaged Employer

Aquent

Add a Review

Aquent Employee Reviews about "paid time"

Updated Jun 28, 2016

Found 15 of over 811 reviews

4.2
Aquent Co-Founder and CEO John H. Chuang
John H. Chuang
Pros
  • "Work/life balance, excellent leadership, growth opportunities(in 65 reviews)

• "Salaried, not hourly, with great benefits(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Benefits are average with no paid days off (sick/vacation/leave)(in 19 reviews)

• "some paid time off would be nice(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Aquent

Join the conversation on

Production

7m

an

Executive Producer

When did “Preditor” become a title? “We have an immediate need for a Preditor (Producer + Editor) to support one of the most important and inspiring software companies in the world of design and digital art. The Preditor will work on our paid social advertising and short-form social media needs. This includes producing content for a variety of social channels. Come join a wildly creative and fun team.” - from an Aquent recruiter email.

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aquent and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "paid time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Highly recommended

Jun 28, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor in Stamford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Agents in the NYC office are quick, efficient, and friendly. They do their jobs well, and are generally great communicators. Good health insurance too.

Cons

A lack of paid time off is really the only con I can think of. This is pretty standard with agencies though.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for Staff, not so much for Talent

Jun 19, 2016 - Lead Information Developer in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Affordable health insurance for employee only if you work 40 hours/week 401K (with no matching for talent) from day one

Cons

Health insurance cost for dependents is not affordable If you work less than 40 hours/week health insurance cost for employee might not be affordable (Talent) No paid time off...ever...no matter how many hours you put in or how long you've been Talent.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Contractor

May 15, 2016 - Technical Writer in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have had several great recruiters who have worked hard to find interesting and rewarding assignments for me. I like that they make me feel like I'm part of the company even thought I work as a contractor. They provide online continuing education opportunities so you can keep your skills up to meet the needs of your assignments.

Cons

As with many staffing agencies, there is no paid time off.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Really flexible staffing agency with good benefits

Mar 24, 2016 -  in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Angela C. was a pleasure to work with. She was quick to respond to any questions I had, gave me detailed answers, and worked around my schedule. She also prepared me for the interviews and gave me a good idea of what I could expect once I started. She even pushed for me to get an offer just as the deadline was approaching on another offer I received. The health and dental insurance is pretty good — close to what I was getting as a FT employee. There's also a lot of discounts you get for being a contractor through Aquent (mobile service, travel, etc.). Though, I have yet to really use them.

Cons

Only con is the 6-month wait to accrue any paid time off/ sick time.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Aquent is a great place to work - go Vitamin T team!

Mar 25, 2016 - Senior User Experience Designer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Your agent is always in touch to what project you're working on if you're happy - Agent visits me all the time on campus and buys me coffee and food - The Vitamin T team works on various projects around Houston - not just oil and gas - They pay very well - They do provide some pretty decent benefits (plus I was able to add my girlfriend on my plan) - 401k with Fidelity - Great perks like discounts off Apple products and phone services like Verizon - Bonus if you get someone hired on a project or find a job lead - Unlimited vacation days (you just don't get PTO) - Very involved in the Houston community going to HUXPA meet ups and other social networking events

Cons

- They do not match 401k - No Paid Time Off - No Bonuses - You don't get paid if you're on the bench

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Contractor

Designer

Mar 23, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked for Aquent fulltime for over 10 years now, I have seen a lot of changes. I have been contracted to the same company for almost 9 years and find it a good fit.

Cons

Aquent used to have an office in my town with fabulous staff. We used to be able to earn paid time off by hours worked. In a normal year I'd earn 10-12 days paid. We used to have paid holidays. We used to have 401K matching. My job with Aquent used to have a lot more value. So the real question is: What am I still doing here!?

7. 5.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great staffing company

Jan 22, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was my first time as a contractor and my experience with Aquent exceeded my expectations. My recruiter was Loren and she was super nice. I actually had better benefits with them then I did when I was a perm employee.

Cons

some paid time off would be nice

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I Heart Aquent

Dec 17, 2015 - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best reason for working with Aquent is the chance at having Anne Baesemann as your agent. I could not have asked for a more perfect person to be my agent when I was a contractor. She encourages, listens, asks questions, finds answers and goes to bat for you. She's just totally tops. Plus, they offer health coverage and a 401K.

Cons

Just wish there was a way to earn paid time off as a freelancer :)

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee

Better than nothing, not great, especially as talent.

Jul 7, 2015 - Hourly Talent
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is awesome. All of my co-workers are friendly, laid back, down to earth, genuine people. I really do enjoy coming into work and taking part in the friendly office banter, joking keeps the mood light, and everyone helps each other as much as they can. It's also a very casual environment, including casual dress code (I actually don't even know if there is a dress code) and the ability to bring pets to the office. Additionally, on my team, scheduling is very flexible. Workers can, with a few exceptions, come in to work and leave whenever they want, and also have the option to work remotely/from home. This is great for when life throws you a curveball, the weather is bad, or you're not feeling well and want to head home, but still have work to do. It's also great in that I'm able to maintain other life commitments that don't fit into the Monday through Friday, 9-5 scope of work. Finally, I consider weekly paydays a plus.

Cons

These are cons from the perspective of an hourly "talent" position, and does not necessarily apply to salaried "staff" positions. The pay is not market competitive. For someone fresh out of school, it sounds great, but you quickly learn that others in the same position at better companies are making more and getting regular raises. When I was first hired, I was told that I would have a performance review after "a few months" and that I would get a raise - I was also told not to expect a "9 or 10" dollar raise, because our area couldn't support market competitive salaries. That was understood, however, it took closer to a year to finally receive a raise, and I received the raise with no performance review. I still have not had a review, and receive very little in the way of feedback about my performance. Hours are not consistent on all teams. For me, depending on workload and how management has arranged workflow, I could work 40 hours one week and 14 the next. Or I could be out of work completely for a week. Because of this, there is very little in the way of financial security, and it makes it a poor position for someone who is the primary income for their family. Benefits are laughable. Health insurance is available if you work 20 hours a week, but the company contribution is based on hours work. As I mentioned above, because hours can vary dramatically, this is scary. Additionally, adding any sort of spouse or dependant immediately makes the insurance completely unaffordable. There is a 401k offered, but there is no company match. There is also no paid time off, for vacations, sick days, or otherwise, offered to talent. If you want to take a vacation or get sick, you just don't get paid. Workflow and communication is frequently jolted and haphazard. Workers are put on new projects and pulled off of projects frequently and with no notice. Projects are jumped from person to person and it makes it very difficult to become seasoned and really effective at any one thing. I have been told I'm being put on new and different projects, only to have the work never come. With sporadic hours, it's always disappointing to be promised work and then not have any, and it's hard to feel excited about the company bringing on new employees when you still need more hours in order to pay the bills.

1 person found this review helpful

Aquent Response

Vice President

While very, very late in responding to this, I wanted to thank you for your feedback. We are nothing without good talent and appreciate your interest and willingness to share your feedback. To that end, this has been shared with the division president. You mentioned a couple of key issues: PTO and work load distribution. If these are still presenting an issue for you, please contact me at landrese@aquent.com and let's set up a time to talk. I need to know a bit more before offering a solution, or at least trying. Thanks again!

10. 2.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Bittersweet

Mar 9, 2015 - Art Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are fortunate enough to get placed with one of their major clients, you will have steady work for quite awhile. You won't have to deal with anyone micromanaging you! You will have a lot of freedom to work as you see fit as long as you are professional.

Cons

Very little interaction with the reps! My rep is in another city and also speaks English as a second language so communicating with her can be challenging. The reps check in about once a quarter. The information we receive is often wrong. Biggest CON - no paid time off (no holiday, sick or vacation time)!!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews