Aramark Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Aramark Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Eric Foss
Eric Foss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance support of leadership is weak cavewhen things get tough they cave (in 116 reviews)

• Upper Management would benefit from listening to others (in 180 reviews)

"Monotonous with no growth"

Current Employee - Attendant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Attendant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to work sports events/be at the game for free/getting to choose what days you work a month prior to working

Cons

Doing the same task daily/not hiring from within/outworking management(at times doing their job) for substantially less money/tons of gossip amongst higher ups

Advice to Management

You have a high turn over rate because you lack to see the potential/efforts in your employees

"Coors HR is highly unprofessional"

Former Employee - Grill Cook in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Grill Cook in Denver, CO

I worked at Aramark (Less than a year)

Pros

One if their them will act as though you are the very candidate they need for the job.

Cons

They don't follow thru on anything that is said. Even requested written letter information of my employment. Employee records. I sent two emails an one phone call. I was told that email is not professional and they don't write emails. And also told only by phone. Which They chuckled at me while on speaker phone and couldn't even give me the right information. They have no concern for employees. They are rude and have no respect for human dignity.
    You are only a number.
    They do not do proper procedures concerning any investigations nor do they communicate to the employee concerning circumstances.
    Also they are really good at loosing schedules and blaming in the employee along with not admitting their wrongs when corrected.
    Ignoring Home stand changes due to non safety eniviroments due to taking thugs from staffing agencies! 3 time I reported to them I was in not safe surroundings vi people. One time they tried to tell me I'd be ok. When I was outside the security entrance into the building still Coors parking lot. 3 thugs who worked in the stand I was assigned waiting for me! 3 tines they disregarded me as a person. Told me I have to earn my right to move home stands!
    They also disregard people of PTSD.
    I wouldn't work for them if I knew how unprofessional and what a great hussel they have. Don't walk in thinking they care, cuz they don't! They chuckle at people who call in as a careprovered concerning call offs.
    The pay is not worth the stress and their bullying.

Advice to Management

For the lack of professionalism that Coors HR holds and how other depts of HR Aramark in CO see Coors HR. I would highly take it into question weather or not Coors Field would like to be known for such unprofessional acts which Coors HR exemplifies. If I even knew how big Aramark in CO was. I would never gone to Coors Field and never have suggested people to do so. Worse HR I ever worked under.
    Unless Union is side by side with their employees, HR will think they fooled you.
     In my opinion Aramark head quarters should do a full investigation on Coors HR. Including the women who runs the whole operation!
    Esp if supervisors are getting away with drinking n doing drugs on the job, but are getting away with it cuz those who do complain about problems end up taking the blame for other employees. In proper write up procedures along with proper employment actions on their part. This HR has continuous issues with their conduct with employees!
    Also how they allow long standing employees treat new one is also uncalled For!
    Coors HR, why anyone allows the 3 women and one male to be that HR is beyond me. Last yr a cook walked out and Coors lost over a 100 people due to the unprofessionalism portrayed by this HR.
    If I even knew that, I would have never applied!
    Pepsi and other Aramark HR depts should be the example of proper professionalism HR conduct that Coors does not examplify

3. "Coors Field"

Former Employee - Food Server in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Food Server in Denver, CO

I worked at Aramark (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of work, always

Cons

Not always the most organized. Lack of communication.

"HR in Aramark's Sports & Entertainment Division"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not any pros

Cons

I worked in the HR dept at Coors Field and the Pepsi Center, and it is by far the WORST Human Resources job I have ever had. If you are an HR professional, avoid Aramark's Sports & Entertainment division as you will not have any work-life balance.During the baseball season, you literally work from 8am - until the game is over so that could be until 11pm. At the Pepsi Center, there are events year round with basketball games, hockey games, and concerts. So you always work awful hours because you have to staff the whole venue and wait until each event is over. Please note that this is not your typical HR job. You could have the title of HR Manager, but really, you are just a Staffing Coordinator. In addition, management is absolutely terrible. Aramark has the most unprofessional, unscrupulous, condescending upper management.that has been with the company for years. They don't respect anyone. And on top of that, you always have to deal with rude, misbehaved employees. These are the reasons why there is such high turnover in the HR dept.
    You will regret working here so don't even waste your time applying.

Advice to Management

Promote a work-life balance for your exempt employees and hold your upper management accountable. Improve your corporate culture in the Sports & Entertainment division.

5. "Premium Services Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel and get to assist VIP operations around the country.

Cons

Slow advancement opportunities unless you are willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Use the assets and people that are working for you to support the operations better.

6. ""Meh""

Current Employee - Concession in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Concession in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aramark part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many venues to work with through this company.

Cons

Negative environment. Management seems annoyed most of the time. Lacking good communication

Advice to Management

Be more approachable

7. "Ok first job"

Former Employee - Event Crew in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Event Crew in Denver, CO

Pros

Good College or high school job

Cons

Terrible management. No room for advancement

8. "Bartender / Portable management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

It is nice to work at different venues and meet people from all over the country. Offers Union benefits.

Cons

Low pay, bad management. You have low seniority when you start. It takes years to move up.
    You will be called off on events, depending on seniority and ticket numbers.
    Staff can be extremely rude and shows lots of favortism.

Advice to Management

Smile and look like you enjoy your job, it is in Hospitality.

"Great environment"

Former Employee - Concessions Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Concessions Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Aramark (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, up beat and down to earth supervisors!

Cons

Very fast paced, and hands on training! All in all I would have to say if you don't have an outgoing personality this is not the job for you!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

"Busy, but satisfying"

Former Employee - Lead Cook in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Cook in Denver, CO

Pros

Frequent promotion reviews
    GREAT locations
    Ability to transfer to most major markets

Cons

Unfriendly pay schedule
    Stressful work environment