Aramark Reviews | Glassdoor

Aramark Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Eric Foss
Eric Foss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Bad leadership, poor training, long hours."

Former Employee - District Manager in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Kent, WA

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work was flexible to an extent. You could create your own plan on how to reach your goals. Doing account reviews was great when the company treated a customer right.

Cons

The company rarely treated a customer right. You are called to enforce contracts that are purposefully constructed to be confusing to the customer. Price increases are given out frequently and the staff you oversee is a team of disgruntled unionized drivers.

Advice to Management

Put the customer first and stop sending in sales people that cut the price to no margin. Doing so will make it so that the business can function without constant price increases. These price increases only lower the customers desire to do business with you.

2. "Watch your back and CYA at all costs! If you make it into the inner circle, you're bulletproof."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Aramark part-time

Pros

The only pro is pretty much a paycheck, but this company is stingy with raises.

Cons

Highly negative and stressful environment due to unethical salary managers and Aramark corporate ridiculousness.
    Managers only care about looking good in front of their bosses and will throw you under the bus if needed.
    No real training; you learn as you go.
    Employees are not valued, and it's all a numbers and bonus game. You fill a spot until you're not needed.
    Students are taken advantage of to save labor. Get a work study or a job off campus if you can.
    They expect you to smile and be positive while they have negative attitudes or snap at you; some don't like to get their hands dirty or help out during busy times.
    Pay doesn't match the massive workload and training is not a priority.
    Hard work doesn't matter, and it's who you know and favoritism.
    Subtle racism and it is rare for minorities to be promoted into salary management.
    HR nightmare and NOTHING is confidential. Good luck getting HR to do their job.
    Some managers are shady and will not tell you that layoffs happen during college breaks and you will have to depend on unemployment.
    If you stand up for yourself or call out their terrible behavior, managers will either force you to quit or fire you.
    Management will stick together and will lie for each other.

Don't work here unless you are desperate for a job. Many good leaders have left already; you'll most likely end up working for people with egos and god complexes. This place is filled with people who do not want to see others outshining them, and if you want to get ahead, find other locations to work for. Management is not above giving a bad reference or trashing your rep. to keep you down.

Advice to Management

Senior manager tam needs to retire if they can't lead by example after almost two decades. The ego and unfriendliness needs to be checked at the door. Remember where you started at this company. Zero accountability for managers will continue to cause high student and employee turnover.

3. "Horrid experience."

I have been working at Aramark full-time

Pros

Pay. Salary is only redeeming quality.

Cons

Everything else. As I've said, salary is good.

Advice to Management

Stop.

"I don't recommend this company"

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits package was decent.

Cons

The job I was hired to do was not the one they had me doing. In fact, they wanted me to do the work of 5 people and not go over time as they continued to add duties I was expected to do as they put in a hiring freeze. I was expected to know how to properly do work that I was not trained for in any way. You are told that you are empowered to make decisions which I did not find to be true. Upper-level management does not understand how things they put into place affect the workers below them or what job positions are actually needed to make the market places run smoothly. They are more interest in a quick fix that does not fix anything in the long run.

Advice to Management

What works for one part of the country will not always be the best way for the business to be run in all market places. Managers who are not in the market places should visit the market places so that they actually understand what is going on in them.

"Accelerate to Leadership program could be on tv show Dirty Jobs"

Former Employee - A2L in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - A2L in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Aramark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with what role you take with the company.

Cons

The corporate management development program ended up requiring disgusting tasks such as sorting through dirty maggot covered napkins, mats, towels. Company put me in unexpected situations that were not made clear during the hiring process.

Advice to Management

Be honest with college recruiting

6. "Working for Aramark is probably great, just not at Montreat college."

Current Employee - General Utility Worker in Black Mountain, NC
    Current Employee - General Utility Worker in Black Mountain, NC

I have been working at Aramark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, breaks when school has breaks, you get to eat whatever you want whenever you want. The people at the college are super friendly

Cons

Long days, managers are rude, they like to pick favorites. Family works with family and it gets in the way. When you need a day off you have to explain everything in full detail.

Advice to Management

You should really check Montreat college in the kitchen. We have no ac, it tops to 109 everyday. The manager has her own kids working for her along with her brother.

7. "No Good"

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not enough pros to list

Cons

Management does not support development and training, no resources to use when there are issues in the office.

Advice to Management

Do not be so complacent when it comes to personnel issues causing problems in the office, toxic work environments are not healthy.

8. "Work"

Pros

Great hours , Good pay

Cons

Poor management , never listen to employees

"Worst Experience to date, DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Intern - S2L
    Current Intern - S2L

I have been working at Aramark as an intern

Pros

I get paid, although not that well

Cons

To say management is not receptive to feedback would be an understatement.
    Lack of regard for employees, at least at my location.
    Corporate HR was just as ineffective and dismissive at dealing with concerns.

Advice to Management

Keep your word, try being honest with your employees, and allow line workers to actually eat at some point during their 8 hour shifts.

10. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Hingham, MA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Hingham, MA

Pros

There are not any pros

Cons

Every con you can think of

Showing 595 of 3,921 reviews