Aramark Reviews | Glassdoor

Aramark Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Eric Foss
Eric Foss

3,735 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work life balance was the reason I took the job (in 67 reviews)

• Great resources and good benefits (in 122 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance support of leadership is weak cavewhen things get tough they cave (in 111 reviews)

• Lack of connection from the upper management to the workers (in 173 reviews)

"Another happy worker."

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

ARAMARK is a company that invests in it's people. Their career management process is excellent and opportunities exist and are afforded to individuals who show high potential. Additionally, employee development is a main focus throughout the year. Employees are discussed with senior management on a quarterly basis through a succession planning process. Additionally, it is a company that definitely values work/life balance. They afford the opportunity to work at home when necessary. They understand familial obligations supercede late night meetings or events. My overall experience has been spectacular in the two years in which I've worked there. Just recently my region was eliminated. The higher management thought enough of my performance that they created a position for me for the upcoming year until another postion could be found.

Cons

Large company. Some downsizing decisions that have recently been made have been understood but unfortunate.

Advice to Management

I think the senior management is excellent.

"One ARAMARK Employee: Never afraid to speak his mind."

Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

I like the opportunities that the company has given me over the ten years I've been with ARAMARK. Quite a bit has to do with my drive and skill set, but there is also some to do with the leadership that I've had, and the mentoring role that they've played over the years. I've also been afforded the opportunity to travel with ARAMARK, but then again, that is a derivitive of the performance and drive that I've shown.

Cons

Like any job I've been in, being in one location for too long tends to get a bit boring. I am a person that likes to have changing roles on a pretty frequent basis. And as it is with any large corporation, some of the processes and politics within the company get rather tiresome.

Advice to Management

In my limited exposure to the corporate tower and some groups that work there, it appears as if there is this "high and mighty" attitude that shows itself out in the field. Most of those folks really need to remember that they came from the field, and they should not forget their roots. Seems to be a tight knit, rather clique-ish group, and if you anger the wrong person, your chances for advancement become severly limiting.

3. "No complaints"

Current Employee - Enterprise Review Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Review Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The company is very supportive of employee professional development. I have worked there for 2 months, and the company has already spent roughly $3,000 on training for me, and is already planning more. My job requires me to review contracts as they relate to potential business; the company has sent me to observe how hourly employees function, which costs money, but in the end allows me to perform my job in a much more detailed and meaningful way. My managers have had multiple discussions with me during my time here to discuss what can be done to prepare me for a future career, and they have not limited that advice to how I can serve ARAMARK.

Cons

I have yet to find any downsides.

Advice to Management

As an employee hired during a recession, I am immensely grateful to have not just a job, but a GOOD job at this time. Thank you.

4. "Aramark is a good company for career advancement."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX

Pros

THere are career opportunities if you are looking at advancement. Although there are only certain job opportunities.

Cons

Since there are many different divisions within Aramark make sure you know what division you want to work with.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Allow for vacation within a year of work.

"Learn the culture, then live the dream of a fulfilling career."

Current Employee - District Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

If you understand the culture, you will excel. If you are looking for coddling or babysitting, you won't get it here. Operators are allowed to run their business as long as they meet their financials. If you are an average manager, don't work here--get training in leadership first.

Cons

You have to move to be promoted. If you are okay with this, the sky is the limit.

Advice to Management

Keep the old culture strong, but allow a little wiggle room for women and minorities to excel at the Senior leadership levels. Acknowledge the long term employees by continuing to develop them. They are already loyal, now say "thank you".

6. "Keep your eye on the prize"

Current Employee - Food Service Director in Prospect, CT
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in Prospect, CT

Pros

Training and room for advancement

Cons

The benefit packages as welll as compensation could be a little better

Advice to Management

everything isnt always about the numbers. Sometimes we loose track of waht we are at our locations for and we take our eye off the ball and focus way too much time on numbers.

7. "12 years and still satisfied"

Current Employee - FLM in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - FLM in Boston, MA

Pros

The best reasons in my opinion are the simple fact that you are a part of a large family that is internationally recognized and respected, There are opporatunities within this organization that would be unobtainable elsewhere, They are fair and believe in promoting from within.

Cons

Each region is managed differently so you may be average in one demographic and a superstar in another for doing the same job. Employee recognition I feel needs to be looked at a little more, last year there was a focus group that toured the different regions, but I think many of us feel that nothing we said mattered because we aren't seeing any changes.

Advice to Management

Offer more corporate training, Also I understand with an employee count as high as we have it would be impossible to recognize and reward everyone, But I think if their was more personal incentives than employees would try that much harder to succeed and boost the reputation of ARAMARK

8. "Great support company"

Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Cumberland, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Cumberland, MD

Pros

Aramark itself is a grea company to work for. Very supportive, quick to help. The problem is usually with the hospital and hospital politics.

Cons

As I stated before, the problem is usually with the hospital and hospital politics. There are some communication issues within the dietitians

Advice to Management

My supervisor and the district manager is great, but they are not dietitians. There was suppose to be a dietitian that could help train and support us, but she ignored us

9. "ARAMAKR is forward thinking and a Studer base organization"

Current Employee - District Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - District Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

i-impact, fully deployed mission, vision and values throughout the organization, a service organization where peak performance is expected everyday, Opx

Cons

Assignments are contracted. However, if you always perform in exceeding customer expectations then you have job security.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Always look to the future and allow all the staff know that vision as you already do.

10. "Working at Aramark is wonderful!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Aramark is a wonderful place to work and I would recommend that you get to know the managers because they are the ones doing the promotions and they may get promoted and want to recommend you for a promotion as well.

Cons

Aramark does require you to learn on your own a lot. There is a bit of a learning curve and many people that do not get past that end up not going very far. You really just have to gauge who to talk to and follow your managers and not be forced into doing wrong by your peers.

Showing 3,735 of 3,847 reviews