Arbonne International Reviews | Glassdoor

Arbonne International Reviews

Updated May 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance is non existent and because of constant requirement to be online there is constant burn out (in 4 reviews)

• Hard work - Success based on personal effort (in 6 reviews)

"IT Team is THE BEST"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been in IT for the last 18 years and never have I had the most fun and the most rewarding time. The CIO and senior leadership are dynamic and passionate people who only want the best for Arbonne. They work hard to ensure everything is delivered on time and with accuracy. We are given every opportunity to excel in whatever area we chose. The team is not large so we often have to wear many hats but it's so rewarding to work with a supportive leadership team. We also have many perks being in IT and truly have a direct impact on the business to add value and drive initiatives. Love working here!!

Cons

Nothing. Don't change a thing!

Advice to Management

Upper management should truly appreciate what this CIO and his senior leadership are doing every day (and night) to ensure we are all delivering quality technology products.

"IT - Best Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Arbonne for 3 years now. I have to say IT is the best department to be in. I work directly with the CIO and his Directors and honestly I love coming in to work each day. I consider this department as my family. I have been in work force for more than 15 years and no work place made me feel wanted till I joined Arbonne. We all take care of each other and just that our CIO takes care of us. He tries to accommodate your every need if he can. I hope no one gets put off by any negative reviews for IT because none of them are true.

Cons

I wish I had joined this place sooner.

Advice to Management

CEO and CIO keep up the good work and love the open door policy.

"Innovative Company Culture"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership and company use innovation to shape the business. Very supportive leadership team. Great team to work with. People collaborate well within teams and outside of teams. IT uses great tools to help consultants and build better business. Open door policy. Awesome room for growth.

Cons

Company can improve on health benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job.

"Guy Thier and his amazing IT leaders"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the for many years and what has kept me here is the ability to move within the company. The personal growth and professional growth I have had in the many years I have been with this have been beyond my comprehension. You have to give to a company to receive. Second, is the amazing leaders and friends I have made both internal and external, we as employees need to be reminded we also have the ability to change lives everyday around us.

Cons

No cons this is an amazing company

Advice to Management

Please keep your head up, you are all doing an amazing job, our senior IT leaders have moved us in a direction where we are pushing ourselves beyond our capabilities and it is never a bad thing. I stand behind our leadership 210% they are caring nurturing and have always led us in the right directions.

"Unprofessional IT Department"

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Arbonne International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Arbonne has a lot of potential for success. Good benefits for their full-time employees.

Cons

Most if not all departments are teetering on the brink of collapse. The CIO manages based on fear and threats. The core 3 prevent everyone else from growing and inhibit the success of the tech department.

Advice to Management

Probably just need to wipe and start over with the entire C-Suite. The technology management certainly needs to go.

7. "Independent Consultant"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Arbonne International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get what you put into the business, the harder you work the more you can earn

Cons

Unless you have a big network of contacts it can be a slow start

Advice to Management

They have their business operations down exactly the way that works for them

"Addison Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Addison, TX

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product discounts, some teams seem to have a family feel to them. Pot pucks on teams that plan them, employee driven

Cons

My manager is a bully if you are not one of her favorites. HR used to care but the new person only does what corporate says to do but does not listen to employee concerns. Business is slow so layoffs will be coming. If you don't spend time "sucking-up" you will be on the list to be let go. The Supervisors are not allowed to lead, only what we are told to do.
    Way too many hours to work at month end when there is no business coming in.

Advice to Management

Restructure your Addison leadership, don't continue allowing leaders to bully and play favorites. Bring in an HR person that is not just a "yes" person, someone that makes a difference.

Arbonne International Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Staffing Specialist

I would like to address the assertion that there is a pending layoff coming. The fact is, we have continued to add positions to our Addison Call Center. In September, we added a new class of ... More

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Arbonne International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on state of the art technology, solve interesting and challenging problems in the MLM space. Under the leadership of the CIO and his Engineering team Arbonne is excitingly poised to expand their offerings in the Web, Digital and Amazon Alexa front. In terms of technology, innovation and opportunities Arbonne is truly a leader in the MLM space. The CIO and his team are working towards putting in the right process and investing in modernizing the legacy systems and infrastructure to build a world class system. Proud to be part of this team that's making a difference!
    The CEO takes the time to meet with the employees and address their concerns.

Cons

So many great opportunities, hard to choose from.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward to take Arbonne to the next level. Recognize star performers. Remove the inefficiencies and streamline some ineffective processes that does not add value.

10. "Independent Consultant"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at Arbonne International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to supplement income with extra a little extra work. Products are great so it is easy to sell.

Cons

Not a full time job. Unless you are a regional manager and have others working below you. This is a parttime job.

"Move on"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Arbonne International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is trying to make employees happy. Very focused on employee satisfaction all the time. CEO seems to care. Company trying to grow.

Cons

Highly reactive organization. Poor decision making by managers. Frequent direction changes on projects. People hired or promoted based on good old boy system not because they have the skills. Management lacks experience themselves to know skilled candidates from unskilled. Employees lack experience in their jobs so tasks take forever or mistakes are made frequently. Handful of employees do most of the work...others skate by. Lack of trust throughout. Backstabbing. Good employees and execs leave. Bad ones never fired.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced staff and eliminate those who are dead weight instead of trying to make everyone happy. You'll continue to lose the good employees if you don't. CEO seems to really care but not really accessed to employees.