Arbor Company Senior Living CNA Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Judd Harper
  1. "Assisted living"

Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great residents and great staffing

Cons

Under staffed. Dont like the rotating days

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-05-27

June 3, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. My name is Mary Campbell Jenkins and I am the Executive Vice President. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact me at 404-797-6031. We truly value these reviews. Thank you again for your feedback.

2. "Arbor Company CNA"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible, kind staff and residents

Cons

Some residents are higher acuity than assisted living

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-05-02

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and are happy to have you as part of the Arbor family!

"Safety Concerns"

Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living part-time

Pros

Beautiful facilities & grounds. Most of the staff seemed to have a genuine passion for working in memory care. Flexible schedule & decent pay.

Cons

Neither the three day classroom orientation nor the shadowing period included much formal training in deescalation techniques related to working with dementia patients, which made me feel very under-prepared for the more difficult aspects of the position (e.g. managing aggressive behavior in residents). I left almost immediately because I did not feel equipped to do my job properly & safely. They did briefly go over...

Advice to Management

Please prioritize safety over aesthetics & provide more, longer specialized training for your new staff, as these would increase confidence & promote retention. I wanted to love this job, as the facility was gorgeous, but I did not feel comfortable with the training provided or safe in the unit.

Arbor Company Senior Living2017-08-06

December 30, 2017SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and opinions and will makes changes as needed based upon your comments.

"CNA"

Former Employee - CNA in Park Ridge, IL

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living part-time

Pros

They are flexible with your schedule for the most part.

Cons

I did not have anyone train me on my 'training day', but a co worker offered to give me the ropes. Honestly, I still did not pick up what to exactly do until I worked for a couple more weeks. I was never provided uniform even working over two months there. I barely received my name tag until a month later. Always understaffed and favoritism is obvious. Management is unprofessional and rude.

Advice to Management

Orientate your new employees.

Arbor Company Senior Living2017-07-01

December 30, 2017SVP of Sales

Thank you for your feedback. We do have an extensive training program in place for all new employees, so we are sorry to hear that didn't occur for you. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

5. "C. N. A"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant-CNA in Roswell, GA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful place to work at.. Very professional co-works that I had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

Our line of work we became close to our residents so it can be a little hard seeing their Heath declam.. That can have a little effect on our emotions and can be stressful..

Arbor Company Senior Living2016-09-19

April 10, 2017Vice President, Communications

Thanks for sharing your experiences of working at an Arbor Company community. Senior living can be a very tough but very rewarding career and it sounds like you've found the right place!

"CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Personally rewarding, pay is better than at most similar places

Cons

Short staffed always, greedy bonus-focused upper management, health insurance premiums for families is unaffordable

Advice to Management

Provide adequate staffing so that the promises made to those who live there and their families can be kept. Quality of care should be more important than your bonuses and profit margin.

Arbor Company Senior Living2016-09-12

April 10, 2017Vice President, Communications

Thanks for your candid review! We always want to keep our promises. Our president, Judd Harper, is always available to speak about these items. You can call him on his personal line at 404-237-4509.

7. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Naples, FL

Pros

Awesome company to work for. Very professional. Always updating and always includes employees insights into approvals.

Cons

No cons that I can think of other than understaffed.

Advice to Management

Bring in more employees

Arbor Company Senior Living2015-08-15