Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2019

Found 102 reviews

4.3
Judd Harper
Pros
  • "The Arbor Company takes care of its employees very well(in 23 reviews)

• "The Arbor company is a very caring, compassionate company with our staff and residents(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons- I feel that they strive to be first class in every area(in 7 reviews)

• "I really do not have any cons to share about the Arbor company(in 5 reviews)

1. "Assisted living"

Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great residents and great staffing

Cons

Under staffed. Dont like the rotating days

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-05-27

June 3, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. My name is Mary Campbell Jenkins and I am the Executive Vice President. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact me at 404-797-6031. We truly value these reviews. Thank you again for your feedback.

2. "A Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Dining Services in Canton, GA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good hourly wage -Lots of hours to pick up

Cons

-People don't show up to work -More training is needed for dining services on good costumer service

Advice to Management

Directors should be more active in assessing and implementing necessary changes for each department.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-05-23

June 3, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hi, there. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We’re known for our employee culture. I am sorry to hear we missed the mark here. My name is Mary Campbell Jenkins and I am the Executive Vice President. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact me at 404-797-6031. ...

"A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good team environment, great benefits, company-provided meals for all employees. The Arbor Company takes care of its employees very well.

Cons

Somewhat high turnover rate in the care giving department

Advice to Management

Continue taking care of employees and find ways to further boost morale; happy workers work harder! Additionally, members from the corporate side of operations should take some extra time to really look at what they ask of employees in each community. Unrealistic expectations, micromanaging, etc. are not good for anyone... and corporate folks may not even know that they're doing it. Take time to get feedback from necessary...

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and are happy to have you as part of the Arbor family!

4. "Great place to work- Best senior living company"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership and support. They treat there employees with very high level of respect

Cons

Really no downside for this wonderful company

Advice to Management

Continue to allow the community leaders to manage their communities while providing support from a far.

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello! Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and are glad to hear that you're happy at The Arbor Company!

5. "People focused culture"

Current Employee - Executive Director

Pros

Arbor continually tries ,even in their growth ,to focus on their people and doing the right Actions. They empower their people to do the position they were hired for and believe in developing and growing careers from with in.

Cons

This is not a con just A suggestion to continue to review and update systems, processes and HR department to better meet today's demands in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your teams In communities. Continue to focus on culture where people come 1st and foremost in a culture of kindness and compassionate action.

6. "Arbor Company CNA"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible, kind staff and residents

Cons

Some residents are higher acuity than assisted living

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-05-02

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

7. "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Care Counselor in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Arbor Company is very supportive of their teams. They have an amazing culture that you feel from the top down. Arbor is innovative and always looking for what they can improve to make your work space and duties a great place to work.

Cons

Arbor gives great training but I feel training can always improve.

Advice to Management

Don’t loose the culture by getting too big. It’s a great feeling being confident each day in who you represent.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-04-04

April 5, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hi there! We're glad to hear that you're happy at The Arbor Company. We value all our employees, so if there's anything we can do please let us know. Thanks, again!

8. "The sweetest company to work for...."

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Naperville, IL

Pros

In our community, we truly are like family. We know that we all have each other's backs, we can be transparent with each other. Regional support truly wants us to succeed and will stop at nothing to make sure we have what we need. The CEO of the company, Judd Harper calls us on our birthdays and sends motivating personal emails and thanks us for doing good work.

Cons

Wish there were more locations in Illinois!

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-04-05

April 8, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello! Thank you for your review. We value all our employees and think of each other more as family members rather than coworkers. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks, again!

9. "Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Pay is good.

Cons

There is frustration among department heads that our Executive Director doesn't manage her job well. We usually have to do her work for her.

Advice to Management

When something is discussed with our Corporate partners about issues surrounding upper management that it is addressed.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-04-05

"They practice what they preach"

Pros

I have worked for Arbor for almost 5 years and recently joined in to help plan upcoming training for teams. The thought and intention that is put into making sure our teams feel supported and appreciated is like nothing I had ever realized or expected. Culture is alive and well in communities and is being practiced by all in senior leadership. I knew I found a gem with Arbor, but I got the cherry on top seeing their passion...

Cons

I have no cons- I feel that they strive to be first class in every area

Advice to Management

Continue to support and guide teams the way you do now

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-02-28

March 4, 2019Vice President, Communications

Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and happy to hear this!

Found 102 reviews