Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2019

Found 107 reviews

4.4
Judd Harper
  1. "Great company for career"

Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Decatur, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management, Gratifying and rewarding helping the elderly. Good growth potential

Cons

None noted at this time

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-08-03

August 5, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello! Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and are happy to have you as part of the Arbor family!

2. "great place to work and live"

Current Employee - Fsd in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

residents are awesome and we have a great staff that truely care about the residents

Cons

sometimes when equipment goes down it takes a while to fix

Advice to Management

better communication .

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-07-05

July 8, 2019Vice President, Communications

3. "Assisted living"

Current Employee - CNA

Pros

Great residents and great staffing

Cons

Under staffed. Dont like the rotating days

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-05-27

June 3, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. My name is Mary Campbell Jenkins and I am the Executive Vice President. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact me at 404-797-6031. We truly value these reviews. Thank you again for your feedback.

"A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good team environment, great benefits, company-provided meals for all employees. The Arbor Company takes care of its employees very well.

Cons

Somewhat high turnover rate in the care giving department

Advice to Management

Continue taking care of employees and find ways to further boost morale; happy workers work harder! Additionally, members from the corporate side of operations should take some extra time to really look at what they ask of employees in each community. Unrealistic expectations, micromanaging, etc. are not good for anyone... and corporate folks may not even know that they're doing it. Take time to get feedback from necessary...

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

5. "People focused culture"

Current Employee - Executive Director

Pros

Arbor continually tries ,even in their growth ,to focus on their people and doing the right Actions. They empower their people to do the position they were hired for and believe in developing and growing careers from with in.

Cons

This is not a con just A suggestion to continue to review and update systems, processes and HR department to better meet today's demands in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your teams In communities. Continue to focus on culture where people come 1st and foremost in a culture of kindness and compassionate action.

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

6. "Great place to work- Best senior living company"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership and support. They treat there employees with very high level of respect

Cons

Really no downside for this wonderful company

Advice to Management

Continue to allow the community leaders to manage their communities while providing support from a far.

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello! Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and are glad to hear that you're happy at The Arbor Company!

"The sweetest company to work for...."

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Naperville, IL

Pros

In our community, we truly are like family. We know that we all have each other's backs, we can be transparent with each other. Regional support truly wants us to succeed and will stop at nothing to make sure we have what we need. The CEO of the company, Judd Harper calls us on our birthdays and sends motivating personal emails and thanks us for doing good work.

Cons

Wish there were more locations in Illinois!

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-04-05

April 8, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hello! Thank you for your review. We value all our employees and think of each other more as family members rather than coworkers. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks, again!

8. "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Care Counselor in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Arbor Company is very supportive of their teams. They have an amazing culture that you feel from the top down. Arbor is innovative and always looking for what they can improve to make your work space and duties a great place to work.

Cons

Arbor gives great training but I feel training can always improve.

Advice to Management

Don’t loose the culture by getting too big. It’s a great feeling being confident each day in who you represent.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-04-04

April 5, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hi there! We're glad to hear that you're happy at The Arbor Company. We value all our employees, so if there's anything we can do please let us know. Thanks, again!

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living for more than a year

Pros

Culture, love of residents, moral of staff members, support from corporate, training, and a strong team of directors to collaborate with in decision making.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in any business. The only thing I can suggest here is we REALLY need more parking!!

Advice to Management

Continue to support the teams in the communities. It is such a huge help when we have a question to be able to get a new set of eyes on something or just even a confirmation we are making the right choice.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-04-04

April 8, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hi there. Thanks so much for the review! We value all our employees, and contractors and take all your suggestions to heart. Please let us know if we can ever do anything for you. Thank you!

"They practice what they preach"

Pros

I have worked for Arbor for almost 5 years and recently joined in to help plan upcoming training for teams. The thought and intention that is put into making sure our teams feel supported and appreciated is like nothing I had ever realized or expected. Culture is alive and well in communities and is being practiced by all in senior leadership. I knew I found a gem with Arbor, but I got the cherry on top seeing their passion...

Cons

I have no cons- I feel that they strive to be first class in every area

Advice to Management

Continue to support and guide teams the way you do now

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-02-28

March 4, 2019Vice President, Communications

Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and happy to hear this!

Found 107 reviews