Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2019

Found 103 reviews

4.4
Judd Harper

"They practice what they preach"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for Arbor for almost 5 years and recently joined in to help plan upcoming training for teams. The thought and intention that is put into making sure our teams feel supported and appreciated is like nothing I had ever realized or expected. Culture is alive and well in communities and is being practiced by all in senior leadership. I knew I found a gem with Arbor, but I got the cherry on top seeing their passion...

Cons

I have no cons- I feel that they strive to be first class in every area

Advice to Management

Continue to support and guide teams the way you do now

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-02-28

March 4, 2019Vice President, Communications

Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and happy to hear this!

"Growing and compassionate c8mpany"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Devotion to being the best for residents and staff. Lots of training opportunities and room to grow.

Cons

There is nothing to complain about.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-02-23

"Horrible place to work underaid"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in New York, NY

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s fulfilling helping the patients

Cons

The pay is horrible always short staffed

Advice to Management

Treat your employees a lot better

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-03-19

March 21, 2019Human Resource Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value all of our employees and are concerned by your feedback. Please reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 to discuss this further.

"Johns Creek location"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Johns Creek, GA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits, free meal per shift

Cons

Bad management, no team work

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-02-12

"Resident Care Director"

Current Employee - RCD in Morris Plains, NJ

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring and supportive management team , including corporate. Resident centered care. Great team spirit, well maintained buildings. Room to grow with emphasis on internal employee development

Cons

currently no cons to address

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to the changes in the industry, to finding ways to support staff and improve resident care.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-01-08

"Unapologetically Discriminatory"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

The residents are kind, there are occasionally fun employee events.

Cons

If you plan to work here, be prepared to put your head down, shut your mouth, and do as you're told without argument. The new executive director at ATSM is not interested in hearing your opinions, and has in fact fired multiple people just because he didn't get along with them or they disagreed with his choices and/or management style. This is not a place for people who have opinions or who want to be innovative about...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. There is a reason we hire people of varying cultures, nationalities, backgrounds, ages, etc. Different experiences lend different perspectives and only serve to improve things. Also, don't falsely accuse your best employees of things and fire them/force them to quit. I hope your company fails as quickly as your new director has if this is the way you choose to treat people.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-12-26

December 27, 2018Vice President, Communications

"Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Arbor company is a very caring, compassionate company with our staff and residents. The Arbor way is to always do the right thing and our vision is to always listen, respond and care about our staff and residents

Cons

I really do not have any cons to share about the Arbor company. I enjoy my job and appreciate their support of me and my community.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen, respond and care to your employees and residents

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-10-02

"Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working with some very large companies, I really appreciate the differences in working with a smaller company where there is more flexibility to do what is best for your community rather than blindly following a required program regardless of whether it makes sense. Arbor is small enough to be personable where you get to know all of the main decision makers, yet also innovative in that it is a company always looking...

Cons

Would appreciate more training on the computer programs used.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-10-01
    • "Senior Care Counselor / External Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great corporate Internal structure with real support for success in every job position. Good compensation for work done and great benefits! Excellent reputation in the industry! Great leadership from executive positions down to grass roots management.

Cons

Company is in growth mode.... which actually lends to more opportunities to employees so no real cons at The Arbor Company!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-09-04

September 5, 2018Communications

Thank you for all you do for the Arbor Company. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to the corporate office (404) 237-4026.

"Lost their way"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Newer buildings are beautiful, staffing for engagement, housekeeping,admin is good

Cons

drastic change in culture over last 1.5 years, company has lost its way. Corporate support consists of blaming community instead of asking why or getting details. EDs are maimed of control with decisions and micromanaged with double standards.

Advice to Management

Go back to what made Arbor different than the other operators, the culture! We have lost our way and everyone can feel it.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-08-23

August 27, 2018Communications

We appreciate your feedback. We value all of our employees, and encourage you to reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 so we can address your concerns.

Found 103 reviews