Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Judd Harper

"Eh"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

You can work here as a Resident Assistant without having your CNA certification and can get a pay increase once you get certified. They occasionally offer paid training to be a med tech too.

Cons

No pay differential for working overnights. Lots of drama between employees. People are always late to their shifts. Not enough employees, so you have to work sections by yourself in which a good percentage of them are check and change, and they don’t move much so it can really strain your back. Not very understanding of sickness.

Advice to Management

Add a pay differential, hire more people, and crack down on lateness.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-08-23

August 27, 2018Communications

We appreciate your feedback. We value all of our employees, and encourage you to reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 so we can address your concerns.

2. "Arbor Company, They Walk the Talk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive of employees from top to bottom. Corporate support and assistance before, during, and after hurricane Irma were outstanding on all levels. Senior Leadership Team, and Operational Managers of the corporation were in the trenches with us directly after the storm, pushing through the week of no power, searching for resources and providing resident care. The Arbor Standards, which are the backbone of the company...

Cons

Limited office space for staff and visiting professionals

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-17

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us and we are so glad you are happy with the company and culture.

"Good company but instead of building you up to do better, they’d demote or fire you. Check on indeed, often posting."

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Dining Services in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The co-workers and a few selected managers are always pushing you to do better and encouraging in different aspects of the job.

Cons

There is only one corporate person for each department, who lies and drags you down. No matter how hard you work, how many hours you put in or how good you do your job....

Advice to Management

You’d never be successful when you treat your employees like they’re worthless and expendable when they work extremely hard and do a great job. Where I’m from, and with my experience we only demoted people who weren’t doing a good job after we’ve given them the tools to do so but we still gave them reasonings behind it.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-26

4. "Dining Services"

Former Employee - Dining Services in Holly Springs, GA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, free meals, scheduled breaks

Cons

Long hours, labor intensive, short staffed, no raises

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-17

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value all of our employees, and encourage you to reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 so we can address your concerns.

"Was the Cream of the Crop-Now Bottom of the Barrel"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are absolutely NO redeeming qualities about Arbor Terrace of Decatur. The Executive Director and Department Heads are very unprofessional and employee morale is very low. Very poorly managed from the Corporate office and down to the facility level. Over the course of the past couple of years the place has gone from top-notch to having little to no standards whatsoever.

Cons

The Executive Director is a tyrant and constantly is brow-beating and bullying staff and allowing other directors to do the same.

Advice to Management

Get rid of current management and consider bringing some of the old management that made the facility a nice place to work and to a place someone would be proud to place their parent for their final years.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-18

August 17, 2018Communications

6. "a Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morris Plains, NJ

Pros

A great management and corporate team that supports the employees and puts the residents needs first. They truly listen and respond to both resident and employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Continue to uphold the Arbor Standards and valuing your employees

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-06-04

7. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Collaborative Support Partners Provide excellent resident care

Cons

Expensive Benefits - not unique to The Arbor Company

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-05-24

"Residents are family"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Crabapple, GA

Pros

Amazing co-workers who assist each other

Cons

turnover and call outs due to overworked employees create a negative environment for employees as well as residents

Advice to Management

rate of pay isnt liveable

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-05-25

9. "Receptionist"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

The people who work with this company are amazing and self-less. The entire focus is on the resident where it should be, but we are able to maintain a family oriented feel.

Cons

No cons to mention from me!

Advice to Management

Keep it up !

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-05-11

August 17, 2018Communications

"Culture & Staff Are Key"

Pros

I love that this company hires for HEART. Not necessarily resume volume or qualifications. At the end of the day if you don't have HEART to work here, you won't make it! I've adored some of the managers and staff who I've worked with - the Arbor company does do a wonderful job of hiring positive, pioneering and uplifting managers. The communities I've visited and currently worked in are clean and well-maintained compared...

Cons

I've seen people with HEART who were very dedicated to their jobs and their residents either be scared away or be let go. Very sad to see and witness - completely earth shattering to the employee who wasn't expecting it, either. I've also witnessed Executive Directors direct control of hiring/firing their management and leaders be taken out of their hand. I.E. corporate personal making those important decisions for them...

Advice to Management

Corporate: LISTEN to your Executive Directors (who have shown commitment and have a successful track record, of course). Give them control over your communities and more freedoms. Don't scare away or let go of employees with HEART. Give extra staffing hours for Evergreen / Bridges communities - especially the sun-downing shifts! And lastly, as you grow, don't lose sight of your INITIAL PURPOSE: to give seniors the happiest...

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-04-15