Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

Found 108 reviews

4.3
Arbor Company Senior Living CEO Judd Harper (no image)
Judd Harper

"Unapologetically Discriminatory"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

The residents are kind, there are occasionally fun employee events.

Cons

If you plan to work here, be prepared to put your head down, shut your mouth, and do as you're told without argument. The new executive director at ATSM is not interested in hearing your opinions, and has in fact fired multiple people just because he didn't get along with them or they disagreed with his choices and/or management style. This is not a place for people who have opinions or who want to be innovative... about their job. This is a place to roll over and say yes sir regardless of how you feel about something. Run far away from this place. They will discriminate against you from the moment you display any semblance of personality until the moment they can falsely accuse you of something and push you out the door.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. There is a reason we hire people of varying cultures, nationalities, backgrounds, ages, etc. Different experiences lend different perspectives and only serve to improve things. Also, don't falsely accuse your best employees of things and fire them/force them to quit. I hope your company fails as quickly as your new director has if this is the way you choose to treat people.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-12-26

December 27, 2018Vice President, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value all of our employees and are concerned by your feedback. Please reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 to discuss this further.

"Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Arbor company is a very caring, compassionate company with our staff and residents. The Arbor way is to always do the right thing and our vision is to always listen, respond and care about our staff and residents

Cons

I really do not have any cons to share about the Arbor company. I enjoy my job and appreciate their support of me and my community.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen, respond and care to your employees and residents

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-10-02

"Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working with some very large companies, I really appreciate the differences in working with a smaller company where there is more flexibility to do what is best for your community rather than blindly following a required program regardless of whether it makes sense. Arbor is small enough to be personable where you get to know all of the main decision makers, yet also innovative in that it is a company always... looking to do things smarter and in the best interest of the residents. The president called me on my first day to welcome me. I'm glad I made the change! It was a great fit for me.

Cons

Would appreciate more training on the computer programs used.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-10-01
  4. "Senior Care Counselor / External Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great corporate Internal structure with real support for success in every job position. Good compensation for work done and great benefits! Excellent reputation in the industry! Great leadership from executive positions down to grass roots management.

Cons

Company is in growth mode.... which actually lends to more opportunities to employees so no real cons at The Arbor Company!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-09-04

September 5, 2018Communications

Thank you for all you do for the Arbor Company. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to the corporate office (404) 237-4026.

"Eh"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

You can work here as a Resident Assistant without having your CNA certification and can get a pay increase once you get certified. They occasionally offer paid training to be a med tech too.

Cons

No pay differential for working overnights. Lots of drama between employees. People are always late to their shifts. Not enough employees, so you have to work sections by yourself in which a good percentage of them are check and change, and they don’t move much so it can really strain your back. Not very understanding of sickness.

Advice to Management

Add a pay differential, hire more people, and crack down on lateness.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-08-23

August 27, 2018Communications

We appreciate your feedback. We value all of our employees, and encourage you to reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 so we can address your concerns.

"Lost their way"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Newer buildings are beautiful, staffing for engagement, housekeeping,admin is good

Cons

drastic change in culture over last 1.5 years, company has lost its way. Corporate support consists of blaming community instead of asking why or getting details. EDs are maimed of control with decisions and micromanaged with double standards.

Advice to Management

Go back to what made Arbor different than the other operators, the culture! We have lost our way and everyone can feel it.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-08-23

August 27, 2018Communications

"Good company but instead of building you up to do better, they’d demote or fire you. Check on indeed, often posting."

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Dining Services in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The co-workers and a few selected managers are always pushing you to do better and encouraging in different aspects of the job.

Cons

There is only one corporate person for each department, who lies and drags you down. No matter how hard you work, how many hours you put in or how good you do your job....

Advice to Management

You’d never be successful when you treat your employees like they’re worthless and expendable when they work extremely hard and do a great job. Where I’m from, and with my experience we only demoted people who weren’t doing a good job after we’ve given them the tools to do so but we still gave them reasonings behind it.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-26

August 17, 2018Communications

"Was the Cream of the Crop-Now Bottom of the Barrel"

Pros

There are absolutely NO redeeming qualities about Arbor Terrace of Decatur. The Executive Director and Department Heads are very unprofessional and employee morale is very low. Very poorly managed from the Corporate office and down to the facility level. Over the course of the past couple of years the place has gone from top-notch to having little to no standards whatsoever.

Cons

The Executive Director is a tyrant and constantly is brow-beating and bullying staff and allowing other directors to do the same.

Advice to Management

Get rid of current management and consider bringing some of the old management that made the facility a nice place to work and to a place someone would be proud to place their parent for their final years.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-18

9. "Dining Services"

Former Employee - Dining Services in Holly Springs, GA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, free meals, scheduled breaks

Cons

Long hours, labor intensive, short staffed, no raises

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-17

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value all of our employees, and encourage you to reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 so we can address your concerns.

10. "Arbor Company, They Walk the Talk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive of employees from top to bottom. Corporate support and assistance before, during, and after hurricane Irma were outstanding on all levels. Senior Leadership Team, and Operational Managers of the corporation were in the trenches with us directly after the storm, pushing through the week of no power, searching for resources and providing resident care. The Arbor Standards, which are the backbone of the... company are implemented and actually used to direct company expectations. They truly do Walk The Talk. The employee support results in employee dedication, which in turn results in excellent resident care.

Cons

Limited office space for staff and visiting professionals

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-07-17

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us and we are so glad you are happy with the company and culture.

Found 108 reviews